ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Warriors (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-warriors/)
-   -   [OGPlanet] Spear Warlord: Coli Set or Fury Set? (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-warriors/95966-spear-warlord-coli-set-fury-set.html)

Solaris 05-07-2011 09:38 AM

Spear Warlord: Coli Set or Fury Set?

I'm a level 92 Warlord (Following Stab and Spin skill trees) and at the moment and I've been rather stumped on which is better, grinding-wise: A Coliseum Set or a Fury Set?

If a Coliseum Set is better: Is Strength or Stamina or other is the best for a Spear WL?

If a Fury Set is better: Since at my level it should be +1, what should I enchant the equips with?

BoredomKillz 05-07-2011 09:44 AM

for grinding, stamina colo set would be the best
for pvp, fury set

for enchants no matter which you get youll prolly want

hat, top, bottom: sta/luck
gloves: crit damage and acc if you have room (if you have even more room then sta/luck)
shoes: speed and eva/sta/luck if you have room

pretty much it o3o

MeanieRyuch 05-07-2011 12:53 PM

Since you're a WL I would give a very slight preference to luck in your enchants (still going with sta coli of course) but make sure have a significant amount of both. Do NOT stack str under any circumstance.

Solaris 05-07-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanieRyuch (Post 1527760)
Since you're a WL I would give a very slight preference to luck in your enchants (still going with sta coli of course) but make sure have a significant amount of both. Do NOT stack str under any circumstance.

Alright, Stamina Coliseum Set with very little Luck enchants.
If you don't mind me asking, why stamina and not strength? I'm still trying to understand LaTale's system--got to not think the Maplestory way. x'c

Esper 05-07-2011 07:00 PM

The Strength gain to your Min/Max Damage is minimal. It takes about a minimum of 800 (or 900) to notice a difference. Damage is mostly calculated by the weapon you use and the Min/Max enchant on it.

At least with Stamina, you'll be increasing your survival rate against mobs (if that happens). Higher Luck boosts your critical rate and negates the chance that a monster will deal critical damage to you.

Solaris 05-07-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1527880)
The Strength gain to your Min/Max Damage is minimal. It takes about a minimum of 800 (or 900) to notice a difference. Damage is mostly calculated by the weapon you use and the Min/Max enchant on it.

At least with Stamina, you'll be increasing your survival rate against mobs (if that happens). Higher Luck boosts your critical rate and negates the chance that a monster will deal critical damage to you.

Ahh, I see now! xD I'll be needing Super Puzzles for upgrading my equips to what you all recommend, I believe? o:

Esper 05-07-2011 09:48 PM

Yes you'll want to use Super Puzzles on your gears. If you're going to get the Coli Stamina Set, make sure you are above 220 dura (or 230 dura) depending on the option level before you begin to enchant.

Solaris 05-07-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1527938)
Yes you'll want to use Super Puzzles on your gears. If you're going to get the Coli Stamina Set, make sure you are above 220 dura (or 230 dura) depending on the option level before you begin to enchant.

Okay, I'll keep Coliseum-ing until I'll be able to get the STA set with your recommended dura. Thank you all for your help! :D I'm no longer in the gray about what I really need. C':

MeanieRyuch 05-07-2011 11:18 PM

One last little clarification, by "slight preference to luck enchants" I mean make sure you enchant quite a bit of it. In my opinion for a warlord, you should enchant as much or more luck as you do stamina.

Solaris 05-08-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanieRyuch (Post 1527966)
One last little clarification, by "slight preference to luck enchants" I mean make sure you enchant quite a bit of it. In my opinion for a warlord, you should enchant as much or more luck as you do stamina.

Okay. So generally on the STA coli set, I should super puzzle enchant equal amounts of luck and stamina with a little of Max dmg increase?

Esper 05-08-2011 01:34 PM

Follow Pie's (BoredomKillz) enchant on the post above. Only weapons can be enchant with Min/Max enchant.

Personally, I prefer to enchant higher Stamina due to Luck being capped. Players have said that it's capped at 600 while others say it's 800. I reduced my Luck to focus on survival and didn't notice a big difference.

Solaris 05-08-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1528185)
Follow Pie's (BoredomKillz) enchant on the post above. Only weapons can be enchant with Min/Max enchant.

Personally, I prefer to enchant higher Stamina due to Luck being capped. Players have said that it's capped at 600 while others say it's 800. I reduced my Luck to focus on survival and didn't notice a big difference.

Oh okay, so not too much Luck on the equips. : D
Thank you all who replied for your advice! xD