ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Warrior Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-03-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Jady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
Rankings, lots of warlords on the top :o

PvP, lots of warlords.

I like fast attacks :u
Are you sure it's not just the same warlord(s) you've been seeing? =(

I still see a lot of bladers anyways. Go look in channel one elias and tell me what you find

And something completely off topic: I GOT MY HAX SPEAR YESTERDAY. IT DIDN'T BLOW UP, AMAZING.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-03-2009   #22 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Only 9 Bladers on top 100, 23 Warlords.
13 Warlords on top 100 PvP, 11 Bladers.

Now let's get back on topic, shall we?

09-03-2009   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
Only 9 Bladers on top 100, 23 Warlords.
13 Warlords on top 100 PvP, 11 Bladers.

Now let's get back on topic, shall we?
Lol, I has a hax spear though, I wanna brag =(

And those are the top people, what I meant was overall... I'm guessing about 70% of the warrior population are bladers or wannabe bladers.

Well anyways, for the guide...

For level 70+ Lilliput Fields would be good, especially Neo Navies or at Freeway.

The skill Airwall, you might want to add a note that it doesn't kb monsters very well, even though it's stronger than Windmill. (Airwall II is so completely awesome though =w=)

09-13-2009   #24 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

DarkSpear is on a distinguished road
IGN: DarkDragonxX
Class: PewPew Gunz lt_gunslinger
Level: 83 Back alive!
Guild: AuraBorus <3.

Air wall is pretty useless if your hitting above 3 enemies, but air wall 2 is <3. Im following this guide too for my spear warrior ;D.

09-13-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpear
Air wall is pretty useless if your hitting above 3 enemies, but air wall 2 is <3. Im following this guide too for my spear warrior ;D.
Airwall II ftw <3 You can get 16 combo from that skill alone *__*

Regular Airwall just sucks at my level, because it can't flinch a single yellow monster D<

09-13-2009   #26 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Very nice guide. Spear warriors/warlords are superior in PVP thanks to their ridiculous range. Mages have a hard time dodging their attacks... <_<;

Since people are reading your guide and stuff, I guess I can post some tips for the betterment of their character. (Source: Myself after playing as a warrior and warlord friends who gave me some tips to start) It's common sense for people after level 30, though. So it's not needed... But it might help one person... Maybe... <_<;

1) After level 40, enchanting your equipment for stamina is very important to survival since you are a melee unit and enemies will be hitting much harder as time passes on. Then you can enchant your gear with strength if you got room (which you should still have room).

2) Always keep up to par with elemental stones. You can use elemental stones for extra stamina/strength enchantment space and I THINK it boosts your damage slightly. The same goes for rings and earrings. The more gear you can enchant (even if you have no use for it and it doesn't take the spot of something useful) the better!

3) Always keep a shield in your other weapon equipment spot so you can switch to it in dire situations. Guarding + Shield helps much more than you think since you can't always run if you're in a corner. If you can afford it, scroll the shield for defense or some such.

4) When training, try to gather 2-4 monsters at a time so you can conserve SP while maximizing your killing potential. Also be sure your potions are not in the cool down state. The idea of grinding is to constantly mob, but in a controlled manner so you don't get over-run by monsters.

5) If you're low on HP/ran out of HP pots or combo pots, never run straight past enemies. Jump over them (keep jumping as you run) to avoid further injury. If they have crazy AoE attacks, you may be screwed... So keep an eye out at all times while on the battle field.

6) Weapon Cases are expensive and greatly help you out with your battle performance later on down the line. I'd say they are mandatory after level 60 for the sake of ease... So if you can't afford it, don't worry. A +1~+2 (and higher) weapon case is sorta cheaper in the long run (like 3m-4m versus 2m-3m for the +0 one) and adds more. A +0 case will have nearly unnoticeable effects anyway. (So don't waste your money if you're poor! Just wait it out or make your own!)

09-13-2009   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Elemental stones don't boost damage for physical attacks xD

They're good stat boosters though, so try to get one with str/sta/luck enchants. No need to upgrade them, unless if you need to for the next enchant level.

For rings, I'd recommend dragon scale ring when you're level 60+ because 2% is actually quite a bit for warriors/warlords ^_~

And inorite? I love beating up mages that can't airskill <3

09-13-2009   #28 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jady
Elemental stones don't boost damage for physical attacks xD
Hm, I suspected that. To be honest, most of the stuff I know about Latale is just crap I heard from other folks or something I figured. I figured that since you can add elemental damage to a weapon, that the elemental stone would boost it's power. But as we all know, the world of Latale is great at explaining miscellaneous things like that. ._.

Someone should make a Fact or Myth guide for people who don't know any better. I'm sure everyone would learn a thing or two from it.

/so totally not off topic
/so totally not sarcastic

09-15-2009   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhenyl
Someone should make a Fact or Myth guide for people who don't know any better. I'm sure everyone would learn a thing or two from it.
That's a really great idea though x]

Someone start one, because my knowledge on those are limited =w=

09-20-2009   #30 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

Berserker Drive updated.

Quote:
Well anyways, for the guide...

For level 70+ Lilliput Fields would be good, especially Neo Navies or at Freeway.
GRAGH, HOW could I forget about that? <_> I've seen SO MANY go to lilliput to train at the freeway or at the Neo Navies. How could I forget about lilliput? (I guess it's because it's so small. )
Anyway, I'll add it to the guide. Gonna try to form my own opinion about it. (I'm level 70 now.)

Quote:
The skill Airwall, you might want to add a note that it doesn't kb monsters very well, even though it's stronger than Windmill. (Airwall II is so completely awesome though =w=)
I'll add that later.
I've only seen it, It looks awesome. =w=

Quote:
Since people are reading your guide and stuff, I guess I can post some tips for the betterment of their character.
Thank you~

I was actually thinking of starting a "Warrior's tips" section. o:!
PEOPLE, send in you tips for warriors and such to me. I'd be more happy if you sent them to me via PM, but posting them here is fine too.
I'll make a section and I'll post your tip with your name. I'll add them in minor sections, Ex; "Monsters" "Equipment" ect.

I suck at giving tips. c:

Last edited by LaTale; 09-20-2009 at 11:33 AM.

09-22-2009   #31 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Obitus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Obitus Send a message via MSN to Obitus
IGN: HeroRyu
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 9x
Guild: BulletProof

I'd say in PvP though, real skill is just being a higher level with higher stats. Say for instance, a Warlord and a Blader are PvPing.

Blader: Comes to attack and double jumps behind
Warlord: Uses a back attack skill (Air Wall, Windmill, etc.)
Blader: Uses uppercut, if not, just attacks
Warlord: Doesn't "flinch" the Blader
Blader: Gets Warlord in stun-lock

Obviously then, it's pointless to even try when you can't flinch or at least dodge they're attacks. For the most part though, LilPhenyl talks about PvPing tips and etc. (Maybe not if I'm imagining things)

HeroRyu - Blader - lvl9x

09-22-2009   #32 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

I didn't even mention anything about PVP... LOL. <_<;

Anyway, if we are talking about PVP. It depends on SKILLS and EQUIPMENT. Higher levels usually have a likely chance of stun-locking a lower leveled character. I can usually kill level 80-100 gunslingers/bladers/meisters. But higher levels often kill me more-so than I kill them. It's because of their SKILLS and their EQUIPMENT. Often, higher levels accumulate more money. Which means better gear. So that could be a reason why.

As for mages. They can stun/stunlock even with a huge level gap because their damage relies heavily on their skills, rather than their magic stat. So they don't really apply to the same "higher level = more stunning" deal.

09-23-2009   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Quote:
As for mages. They can stun/stunlock even with a huge level gap because their damage relies heavily on their skills, rather than their magic stat. So they don't really apply to the same "higher level = more stunning" deal.
But, don't you need to be a certain level to get a new skill anyways? And I think mages have an easier time stunning others, because hardly anyone has very high magic resist or magic eva

09-24-2009   #34 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
But, don't you need to be a certain level to get a new skill anyways? And I think mages have an easier time stunning others, because hardly anyone has very high magic resist or magic eva
They have access to 4 skills (different elements) as soon as they hop in the game. They have access to more skills than any other class, however, it would require a power-cut. Either way, BASICALLY anything that deals over 400-500 damage usually stuns. However, this is terrible for PVE since it would require a crazy amount of SP to keep up and it'd be lame to have problems knocking back monsters.

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 09-26-2009 at 12:38 PM.

09-26-2009   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Obitus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Obitus Send a message via MSN to Obitus
IGN: HeroRyu
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 9x
Guild: BulletProof

Quote:
I didn't even mention anything about PVP... LOL. <_<;

Anyway, if we are talking about PVP. It depends on SKILLS and EQUIPMENT. Higher levels usually have a likely chance of stun-locking a lower leveled character. I can usually kill level 80-100 gunslingers/bladers/meisters. But higher levels often kill me more-so than I kill them. It's because of their SKILLS and their EQUIPMENT. Often, higher levels accumulate more money. Which means better gear. So that could be a reason why.

When you're a higher level, of course your going to have higher equipment..It's common sense (Unless your beyond poor). Most high leveled people aren't that poor, they at least some money to buy new equipment if they need to.
But when a lvl100 Warlord goes against a lvl6x mage, the chance of the mage flinching the warlord when he's using a skill is dim. Thus, creating a stun lock if he can keep using skills. I'm not saying you can't flinch him but when he's using his skills, it's harder to counter b/c mages use slower skills.

HeroRyu - Blader - lvl9x

09-26-2009   #36 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Believe it or not, mages skills aren't THAT slow. If you ever looked at most of the skills, they all cast at the same rate... Give or take a fraction of a second. There are some skills that are much slower than others, but there's probably only four of those in total (I can think of four right now: dragon cannon/twin dragon, ice storm/ice storm II). It just depends on your latency, as well as where/when you use your skills. Combining skills to form a chain also shaves off a fraction of a second, so there's a plus as well.

For some reason, I can't help but to think that we've gotten off topic.

09-26-2009   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Quote:
For some reason, I can't help but to think that we've gotten off topic.
Lol, it went from a spear warrior topic to a mage in pvp topic

Is there anything else you need help with Otium? ^w^

09-26-2009   #38 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

I'm editing the guide for a bit now and I'm gonna add the lilliput grinding place(Level 70). I've managed to get my own opinion on this, so I'm gonna write a little bit about it.

I dislike PvP. I'm not "RAAAWWRRR DOWN WITH PVP!!!1! RAAAWR", I just haven't found it's charm. I do go for a round of PvP sometime, but it's rarely and I only do it when I don't feel for anything else. I was going to avoid writing about PvP in this guide. But if people demand it, I might add a section about it, however, I'll need help with it then because I'm really not good with PvP.

ALSO,
Phenyl, is it okey if I add your warrior tips in my guide?
Just to make sure. :I

I'll add my own tips later... but I can't think of any right now... <_>

09-26-2009   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Okay okay tip time :3

It's probably a better idea to pack some sta especially by level 60, because that's when the mobs start getting a bit stronger than what you're used to D:

Go hybrid up to level 80, because 8 skills are easier to spam than 4 skills, and the last skill of each tree are completely awesome. (sorry if I mentioned that more than once)

Airskilling is your friend at Lilliput Freeway.

09-26-2009   #40 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Sure. I'd be honored to have my/my friend's tips in your guide. :3

As for "not seeing the charm in PVP", I know where you're coming from. PVP annoys me a lot, but when it's a party PVP of nice people or against friends. (fair party vs party), it's fun. There's chaos everywhere, and then there's the winners and losers after the 5 minutes is up. Either way, we can all laugh it up afterwords or just go again and try to get our revenge. It's more fun that way, for some reason...