ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Warrior Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (14) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-01-2009   14 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Ocary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ocary Send a message via MSN to Ocary
IGN: Applegate/Muchi*/Pan*
Class: Warrior/Warrior/Explorer lt_warrior
Level: 5X/4X/2X
Guild: Everlight
Default Pan's Pure Warrior Guide

[ Version 2.0.1 ]

INTRODUCTION:
There are not a lot of guides for this game, period, and the ones for Warriors are scarce and rather not-what-I-wanted-to-use-whatsoever, so in short, I decided to make my own.

I made this guide because the other guides, although not bad in the sense of the word, seem to be based around concepts from other classes, and with one major change I made it a lot more powerful.

The previous version of this guide has been completely revamped. If you read it before today, then take notice. This is pretty new. I experimented with a new character, made some dramatic improvements, and put the changes through to my other warrior, and lo and behold, I can solo a lot of the things I needed my girlfriend to party with me for.

I apologize for anyone who used my earlier build. Although effective if you retooled your character at later levels1, anyone who started from scratch with this build likely ran the gauntlet.

THE BASICS:
You are a warrior. Warriors are supposed to be strong bodied, grisly men and women who eat rocks and punch through diamonds.

I apologize to anyone I was every lippy with about using skills, and combos at that. Skills interrupt monsters, and keep you alive. HP and SP Potions/cookies/Et cetera are relatively cheap, and even if you don’t constantly spam them, can save you in a tight jam.

Especially spear warriors, with the final mastery improving just skill damage.

KNUCKLES???:
I have not tried this build with knuckles, my two warriors use a sword and a spear respectfully. If someone would like to try this with knuckles, and let me know if it’s effective, and can combo effectively enough, I would greatly appreciate the input. Once you have three or four skills I am pretty confident this build would work.

The Dirty Low Down:

1. Pick a weapon.
2. Pick a skill branch.

What’s a skill branch?

There are two sets of skills for any weapon (as far as I know). If you pick one, don’t get the other. You can use those points making you, your attacks, and your skills stronger (depending on the weapon really.) Since the skill branch depends on whomever is building their character, they will be referred to as Skills A – D.

Levels 1-5:
Weapon Mastery [Novice]

Levels 6-8:
Skill A*

Levels 9-18:
Strength Upgrade

Level 19:
Weapon Mastery [Skilled]

Levels 20-22:
Skill B*

Levels 23-31:
Weapon Mastery [Skilled]

Levels 32-39:
Weapon Mastery [Expert]

Level 40:
Skill C

Levels 41-42:
Weapon Mastery [Expert]

Levels 43-44:
Concentration**

Levels 45:
Skill C

Levels 46-49:
Concentration

Level 50:
Skill C

Levels 51-54:
Concentration

Levels 55-58:
Mind Concentration

Level 59:
Save point.

Level 60:
Skill D

Levels 61-63:
Mind Concentration

Level 64:
Save point

Level 65:
Skill D

Levels 66-68:
Mind Concentration

Level 69:
Save Point

Level 70:
Skill D

Levels 71-80:
Scar

*I noticed when I got skill c that it limited the leveling up the skill, I had to wait til 45 to Level it to 2/3, so if the early skills need pauses, just work around it with the skills you learn after it and go back to the skill itself once made available.

**You may notice a signifigant difference in the new version being that instead of Rage for more power, I use Concentration for more accuracy, and the passive skills afterwards. Helps you miss a lot less, moreso with Spear than Sword (Due to the sword’s mastery depleting the accuracy some) and the other passives are nice to have.

AFTERWORDS:
This is still my first guide, and I’ve put a lot of hard work putting this build through the ringer. I hope this helps anyone using warrior what with it having terrible defense. I think this guide is a lot more refined now, I hope it helps.

WORK IN PROGRESS:
I will edit this and fix it up to date as I continue to play this game, and in response to people helping me out. Just please do not be rude. It spoils the advice.

Thank you.

Hardcore edit #3: Completely new guide! Rewrote it entirely.

Last edited by Ocary; 01-28-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Rewrote the guide.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

edisito will become famous soon enough
Class: blader
Guild: infiniti
Talking

for someone who is new to building guides i like it , but i really dont understand you saying you wanted to be a blader, cause bladers are focused on skills and not high damage, people who pick bladers like to hit a lot and not miss rather then hit high 3 times then miss 5 times. but from the sounds of it you're still figuring the game out and if i had to guess i would guess that you are going to change your mind about being a blader and become a warlord, whichever way you go good luck and thanks for the build guide, ill try it out

01-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisito
for someone who is new to building guides i like it , but i really dont understand you saying you wanted to be a blader, cause bladers are focused on skills and not high damage, people who pick bladers like to hit a lot and not miss rather then hit high 3 times then miss 5 times. but from the sounds of it you're still figuring the game out and if i had to guess i would guess that you are going to change your mind about being a blader and become a warlord, whichever way you go good luck and thanks for the build guide, ill try it out
What I mean is, the knuckles don't have splash damage, hurting more than one monster at a time. By the time I switch over to blader, if I do, if I need to get a skill reset and completely rebuild my warrior I will, it should not be that difficult. I am all about accuracy, and consistency. I don't like missing.

If you aren't going to attack fast, be strong and accurate or it'll hurt, you know?

I started a new one, still going to use this build, but my second character will be a warlord.

I'm going to leave the spear behind on the first character when I get my next job.

01-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

My deepest apologies to anyone who used the guide before today.

01-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

abigor is on a distinguished road

This helped me lots! Thanks a bunch Pans!! D:

09-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Obitus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Obitus Send a message via MSN to Obitus
IGN: HeroRyu
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 9x
Guild: BulletProof

What would you consider when this is what you're doing?
IGN: HeroRyu
Level:50

Skill Tree
Maxed Spear Mastery (Novice,Skilled)
9 in Spear Mastery Expert

Maxed Piercing Lance
Maxed Windmill
Maxed Air Wall
Maxed Multiple Lance

MISC.
5 in Strength Upgrade
9 in Concentration

I would appreciate if you could maybe "build" a skill tree for me till lvl80.

(If not, could you improve my build?)

Thanks~

HeroRyu - Blader - lvl9x

04-06-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

RagavanGun is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm pretty much a newbie to OGP LaTale (played the Aeria version for a while though) and had my doubts about this guide, but I was completely wrong. I'm lvl 59 and so far grinding/questing/beating bosses has been a lot easier than on previous characters. Thanks a lot!