Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-26-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Zael is on a distinguished road
Class: Everything lt_mage
Guild: TeamLati
Default PvP Videos!

Hi! I'd like to share some pvp videos I recorded playing as my perma-wizard.

I have other videos too if you visit my channel

Watch, comment, enjoy, subscribe, critique my playstyle, etc.

vs. 123 Guardian
vs. 146 Sword Warlord
vs. 113 Wind Sorcerer
vs. 169 Warlord - this guy's on syrups
vs. 180 Blader
vs. 126 Blader - this guy uses HP pots too :\
vs. 132 Wind Sorcerer
vs. 134 Bard

---
Latiam - 193 Elemental Master / Silhana - 194 Minstrel / Aerinn - 190 Judgment / Latimer - 193 Dragoon
Zaels - 196/194 Ruin Walker / Kyliee - 194 Sword Dancer / Barius - 193 Holy Order
---
Level 40 Dura Top/Hat/Bottom Armor and Camo Accessory Crafter! Service is free, PM/whisper for requests

Last edited by Zael; 09-29-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Sandor is on a distinguished road
Class: Sandor lt_warlord

You need to make a vid for every class fought with that character

once and Always a member of Synergy

09-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Deadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Deadeye87
Class: Treasure Hunter lt_treasurehunter

Analysis:

General class info:
Very fast movement, 2 quick startup skills. Ping is low enough to change commands within 0.1 second, and break combos by guarding then pvp backdashing. Able to heal too. Mediocre evasion stat, but has pvp backdash and blink for invincibility frames.

Generally able to airskill once every few seconds only due to cooldown of magic concentration. Damage is not high enough to constantly combo, resulting in a hit and run combo combat style.

Play style:
Very good at baiting enemy to run towards attacks. Zones enemy towards edge of screen, waits for them to run/airskill in and counter with a quick skill.

Knows vertical and horizontal ranges, as well as hit timing and frequency of skills perfectly. (Air juggling of a person falling off a ladder with tornado = win) As a result, able to place self at edge of enemy's skill range while they are still within range of own skills. Able to position self so that enemies' airskill will go slightly beyond self, allowing for a free back attack.

There are no templar videos yet, weakness with tank and rush style may show at hard to kb enemies.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited by Deadeye87; 09-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.

09-29-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Thanks! I added three more videos too.

---
Latiam - 193 Elemental Master / Silhana - 194 Minstrel / Aerinn - 190 Judgment / Latimer - 193 Dragoon
Zaels - 196/194 Ruin Walker / Kyliee - 194 Sword Dancer / Barius - 193 Holy Order
---
Level 40 Dura Top/Hat/Bottom Armor and Camo Accessory Crafter! Service is free, PM/whisper for requests

09-30-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Deadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Deadeye87
Class: Treasure Hunter lt_treasurehunter

EDIT: WOW, did not notice how long the post had become, Sorry for wall of text, hiding it using spoiler tags.

I'm beginning to notice an attack pattern here...
This generally only works if the opponent is aggressive (ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK) and you can move and attack faster than your opponent, or else they can jump over you during skill animation and start a combo of their own.
Spoiler!

In short, the general idea is to start and continue the combo with quick skills, and leave Aero as a sucker punch. General strategy is for quick short combos; hit, hit again, set up counter and run, repeat.

Spoiler!

Type 2: Lure opponent into jumping above you with Aero. Generally not usable if enemy has skills that have all-around hitting capability, or pinpoint accuracy with airskills (guardians with dragon kick!).
-If Aero hits, continue combo with Wind cutter > Tornado.
-If Aero misses, see where opponent lands. Wind Cutter > Tornado.

I also haven't seen any engi/meister matches yet. Would be interesting to see how to deal with turrets and traps, getting sandwiched in 1v1.

Last edited by Deadeye87; 09-30-2010 at 02:50 AM.

09-30-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

A Gunslinger that knows how to play its class is nigh-impossible for me to beat without my evasion, especially with the lack of actual cooldowns on their skills. I get a lot of crap about how evasion is "cheap" and sometimes I do feel bad spamming it, but IMO just being a gunslinger is more cheap than any amount of evasion I can spam, so I'll shamelessly evade/healspam if I'm dealing with one. Aside from that, I'm usually conservative with the heals.

Templars are tough because I have to switch to my staff to KB them, but as long as I can keep from getting hit I'll be fine.

Guardians are tough, but beatable as long as I can reliably KB and outrun them.

I've fought a few meisters, but none worthy of recording. I generally don't post videos of one-sided matches.

---
---