Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-30-2011   #1 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to VirusChris
IGN: ChrisYuushi
Class: Strider lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: VirakinWarriors (Guild Master)
Default Server is not responding... why?

OK I don't really understand this... so let me explain.

I can log on just fine on my Laptop, which is an Inspiron Dell Laptop with Intel Core2 Duo, and it's only 2 years old since I got.

But for whatever I cannot log on using my desktop computer, which is about 6 years I believe, a Dimension 5100 Dell computer model and even with the update to the new Client and patches and having less memory space used I get the 'Server is not responding' message over and over again.

This is also happening on my little brother's Laptop, which is an Inspiron as well, and I'm getting the same 'Server is not responding' message.

I don't understand why my Laptop gets on just fine well the other two cannot log on. I usually do this to log on my two accounts to have two characters online for me to party up with, since most of my friends are afk, not online, or quit, to go grinding in the dungeons. I which to do this before with my little brother's computer but not anymore for some reason.

I re-started the client, re-started the computer and still same message... why the heck is happening? It doesn't make any sense, especially when I'm trying to log on with just one account to see if it works.

Any reason why?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-01-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
La Tale

Cinnamon will become famous soon enoughCinnamon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Shuuko
Class: Duelist lt_gunslinger
Level: 193
Guild: Aisuru

Hmm.... There could be a multitude of reasons.

First off, assuming that your computers can connect to the internet normally, maybe it's your anti-virus program?

It's been confirmed that Norton or McAfee will seriously interfere with the performance of LT, you generally need to disable "Real-time scanning" And "Firewall" for LT to run.

04-06-2011   #3 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough

My computers can connect to the internet normally and I even turned off the Firewall, but it gives me the same message on my little brother's computer and desktop computer.

True my McAfee software expired some time ago, but that shouldn't be an issue as I use to go online on LaTale with the firewall running.

04-06-2011   #4 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

is this the error you get?

04-07-2011   #5 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

Yup... that's what I'm getting.

I connect on just fine from my Laptop, just my desktop and little brother's Laptop can't connect on.

04-07-2011   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

not really sure what causes it but i get it on my desktop all the time (i can myself get it when i want to too). its prolly just cause the computer is old (mines pushing 7-8 years o3o)

try closing any other programs thats taking a lot of memory like firefox or something. i get that message if i try and start latale if i have firefox or some of my other programs open. vlow should also help as well

04-07-2011   #7 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
not really sure what causes it but i get it on my desktop all the time (i can myself get it when i want to too). its prolly just cause the computer is old (mines pushing 7-8 years o3o)

try closing any other programs thats taking a lot of memory like firefox or something. i get that message if i try and start latale if i have firefox or some of my other programs open. vlow should also help as well
That can happen if the computer spends too much time paging virtual memory to the hard drive. Apparently that causes LT to not be able to do anything long enough that the client assumes it couldn't contact the server and you get that error message. You can also just get server disconnected errors when trying to load town after getting to the character selection screen. It all depends on when the paging causes the delay.

One other thing to help, make sure you don't park your character someone with lots of traffic. Trying to login to Elias channel 1 may always fail, but then it'll work fine somewhere else with few people. I run into that when I dual-client my bard on the old PC. It'll timeout trying to load town if I have her somewhere busy, but if I keep her somewhere with minimal traffic it'll work OK. Going with a safe (e.g. no monsters can spawn on it) Iris stone on a high level map is generally good, especially since no one really grinds any more. Lower level maps don't work as well because of lots of newbie traffic at times.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

04-07-2011   #8 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

I think that's what happening, taking too much time to load the virtual memory since it's an old compter which is about 6 years old.

I was planning on building my own computer, but I don't have the money for it at the moment. I need like $1000+ to get the necessary parts and have money left over.

Well I guess there's no point of trying to log on anymore on my desktop. The Client is the only thing I'm running on my desktop and it still can't connect.