ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-tech-issues/)
-   -   X-Trap problem... (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-tech-issues/88276-x-trap-problem.html)

Saolan 12-23-2010 04:06 AM

X-Trap problem...

I'm trying to play La Tale, but I keep getting an annoying problem. Every time, after X-Trap has loaded it says: System has been failed. Please restart the game: Or something along those lines. I'm sorry about making this thread due to the massive expanse of X-Trap problem threads, but they didn't provide much help. I've tried to find my X-Trap folder by searching my entire computer, and I didn't come out with anything.

SOC 12-23-2010 11:52 AM

Out of curiosity, did you install La Tale in a different folder than your OGP Launcher folder? I did, and my X Trap is within my La Tale folder. You're checking that and not the OGP Launcher one, right?

Saolan 12-23-2010 05:21 PM

Well, I downloaded La Tale on a mirror site, and then ran it on the OGP Launcher.

SOC 12-23-2010 05:58 PM

Uninstall both of them, then reinstall the OGP Launcher first, then reinstall La Tale through the launcher if it lets you. If it doesn't, try from one of these:

OGPlanet.com - It's Your World - La Tale

Saolan 12-23-2010 07:21 PM

I followed your instructions word by word, and it still has the same error.

Sandrie 12-23-2010 07:28 PM

What's your OS/antivirus?

Try deleting the xtrap folder (should be in the Latale folder) and temporarily disabling your antivirus/firewall.

Saolan 12-23-2010 07:35 PM

I don't know whether there is a La Tale file on my computer. There must be one, but ai have no clue where it is...

Sandrie 12-23-2010 07:43 PM

It would be wherever you installed it. So for example, C:\Games\OGPlanet\Latale\XTrap.

If you still can't find it, search for "XTrap" folder using something like everything, windows search.

Saolan 12-23-2010 07:50 PM

I'm using a Toshiba Windows 7 laptop, and I'm searching in my start bar, libraries, and computer...

Sandrie 12-23-2010 08:08 PM

Okay, you would appreciate something like this then.

Download Everything

It's called everything, and it's a search program that is much faster than windows and shows all files and folders. Just type in "latale" and it should show the folder, the client, etc.

Saolan 12-24-2010 05:41 AM

I deleted everything do do with X-Trap on my computer and it still says something like: X-Trap has been failed. Please re-start the game.

Sandrie 12-24-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saolan (Post 1431734)
I deleted everything do do with X-Trap on my computer and it still says something like: X-Trap has been failed. Please re-start the game.

Did you temporarily disable antivirus/firewall when you start latale?

I looked up the original error (xtrap system failed), and apparently it COULD be an internet connection problem, but they solved it using something called OpenDNS. (see /forum/latale-tech-i...ap-failed.html)

Saolan 01-23-2011 09:45 AM

I replaced my DNS address for the OpenDNS one, and created a new network. La Tale still isn't working. Is there as step which I missed?

Manabi 01-23-2011 11:44 PM

Since you're running Windows 7, make sure you run OGPlanet's launcher with admin privileges. Just right click on the icon and choose "run as administrator" and OK it with the UAC prompt.

If that fails, then post a HijackThis log.