LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-30-2010   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

kiratorii can only hope to improve
IGN: angelgerlz
Class: Bard lt_bard
Level: 13x
Guild: SEKIREI

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy T^T can't remove thanks to the amount of limitations set on my laptop

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-30-2010   #22 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Try booting in safe mode, or......SUFFER!

07-01-2010   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

hmm i wont do the hacker thing in safe mode yet.. because currently is contacting acer to be sure there really isnt anything wrong with my drivers and what not yeah anyway after acer sends me a reply then i'll decide what i'll do

07-01-2010   #24 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratorii
okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy T^T can't remove thanks to the amount of limitations set on my laptop
What kind of limitations? If it's something your school's doing, you may be stuck with it. I know a lot of colleges now require certain software to be installed before they'll let you have Internet access. If that's the case there's nothing you're going to be able to do.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

07-02-2010   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

im not sure yet honestly limitations as in like i can only access functions to a certain point. Real internal programs that changes my laptop those i cant really access

07-04-2010   #26 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

No administrator powers is what's meant, I think.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

07-05-2010   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

it's more like i have limited adminstrator power that's what im saying... i don't exactly know how the school system works but we are allowed to alter stuff (e.g. games i install) and connect normally to internet but we cannot edit our programs settings etc (school programs)

07-05-2010   #28 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future

Quote:
it's more like i have limited adminstrator power that's what im saying... i don't exactly know how the school system works but we are allowed to alter stuff (e.g. games i install) and connect normally to internet but we cannot edit our programs settings etc (school programs)
Which more than likely means you can't get rid of the school required anti-virus/spyware/etc. applications completely. So the school anti-virus is probably still running as well as Avast, and if xTrap's finding it offensive, you're pretty much screwed.

For what it's worth, this isn't unusual. Many universities nowadays require all computers connected to their network to run specific apps, and they're more restrictive on student PCs than staff and faculty PCs in general.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),

07-05-2010   #29 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Be sure to turn UAC (User Account Control) off too, it's under user accounts in control panel.

07-05-2010   #30 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Be sure to turn UAC (User Account Control) off too, it's under user accounts in control panel.
This isn't good advice, don't turn UAC off unless you really know what you're doing (and even then you're just asking for trouble turning it off). UAC was annoying as hell in Vista, but they toned it down in Win7 so it only prompts when it really should prompt, instead of every time you move the mouse.

Also, given the restrictions he's already said his school forces on him, I doubt they'll allow him to turn UAC off and connect to their network.

07-05-2010   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

umm.. im a girl ehehehehe anyway yeah any sort of changes to my laptop is already hard enough

07-06-2010   #32 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I can think of is reinstalling your entire OS, except this time don't install the school's antivirus but your own. This way there is no leftovers of the school's anti virus and XTrap won't act up.

07-06-2010   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

i can't even if i did reformat and reconfigure the entire laptop when they install the school systems they'll also still install symantec in it. i have to manually uninstall it and reinstall another anti virus

~edit~ anyway hmm do you guys think i should send my laptop in to acer for a burn in test on hardware? This will run the check that my hardware and stuff is working fine .. just to be sure.. what do u guys think?

Last edited by kiratorii; 07-06-2010 at 05:29 PM.

07-06-2010   #34 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

No not really. That is unnecessary.

07-07-2010   #35 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
umm.. im a girl ehehehehe anyway yeah any sort of changes to my laptop is already hard enough
Whoops, sorry about that.

Quote:
i can't even if i did reformat and reconfigure the entire laptop when they install the school systems they'll also still install symantec in it. i have to manually uninstall it and reinstall another anti virus
Except it's apparently not letting you fully remove it. I suspect this is intentional (they probably have policies in place to not allow computers on the network that aren't running Symantec). If so, there's no way you're going to get rid of it short of changing schools.

Quote:
~edit~ anyway hmm do you guys think i should send my laptop in to acer for a burn in test on hardware? This will run the check that my hardware and stuff is working fine .. just to be sure.. what do u guys think?
Your hardware's fine, this is a software issue. xTrap has a deep dislike of Symantec apparently.

07-08-2010   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

i dun use symentac .. i uninstalled tat im using avast... and im not sure if it's just a software problem because this also happened once with one other pc game i played.. just to be very sure and on the safe side i was thinking it wouldnt harm to test it right?

07-08-2010   #37 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
i dun use symentac .. i uninstalled tat im using avast... and im not sure if it's just a software problem because this also happened once with one other pc game i played.. just to be very sure and on the safe side i was thinking it wouldnt harm to test it right?
You tried to unistall Symantec, it's not all gone, and you've already told us you can't remove the registry entries so you cannot fully remove it. As I've said at least 3 times now, this is most likely due to the restrictions your school's putting on your computer to allow it access to their network. Basically you just think Symantec's gone. It's not, it's still there partially and it's interfering with xTrap.

Having the hardware tested would be a total waste of time and/or money.

Meanwhile, since I'm just repeating myself, I'm done with this thread. I don't mind helping people but I prefer they actually pay attention to what's said.

07-08-2010   #38 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

I cant find the uninstaller on the official site, but this is how I got rid of symantec. |MG| Norton Removal Tool 2011.0.0.15 Download

07-08-2010   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
You tried to unistall Symantec, it's not all gone, and you've already told us you can't remove the registry entries so you cannot fully remove it. As I've said at least 3 times now, this is most likely due to the restrictions your school's putting on your computer to allow it access to their network. Basically you just think Symantec's gone. It's not, it's still there partially and it's interfering with xTrap.

Having the hardware tested would be a total waste of time and/or money.

Meanwhile, since I'm just repeating myself, I'm done with this thread. I don't mind helping people but I prefer they actually pay attention to what's said.
i did listen to what you said i'm just saying if symantec is the thing causing the problem then why is it that earlier on while my laptop was still on vista it worked perfectly without any problems? I just did the exact same thing i did with my laptop back on vista last time so what is the differance? Shouldnt it be working perfectly fine too like last time? What i'm just saying is that im trying my best to understand why the sudden differance and what i did when my laptop was on vista now doesnt work on window 7. Also my hard drive is only becoming worse by me constantly turning on latale after i try something only to crash. It's burning my hard drive out too so im trying not to let that happen too much anymore because i've been working on this for over a month already and i do not wish to send my laptop back for another replacement hard disk even if it's still under warrenty

Last edited by kiratorii; 07-08-2010 at 05:27 PM.

07-11-2010   #40 (permalink)
♥☆100%!!☆♥

FerretFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFerretFanatic has a spectacular aura about
IGN: I has rabies go away
Class: Full Support Bard :B lulsAsuraGuitar+3 lt_bard
Level: 15x! YA'LL SAID I COULDN'T DO IT AND I BELIEVED ALL OF YOU
Guild: SilentStrike :U We're afk.

School Laptops are cheap,frilly things.

Like mana said. It's most likely not fully removed,school laptops have this kind of junk all the time.
And Win 7 =/= Vista.
Also beware that it might not be in policy to uninstall certain things from your school's laptop,I suggest you ask whoever gave you the laptop what restrictions there are on it.

Last edited by FerretFanatic; 07-11-2010 at 05:54 PM.