MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (222) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-13-2010   222 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT
Default How to enable VLOW Post-Hell's Door Update

Note: If you run into problems be sure to read through the whole thread. We keep finding out new stuff about how the new system works, so I may not have the info in this post yet. I'll add new information as quickly as I can.

All right, this is a lot more complicated than it previously was, but it IS doable to play the game on VLOW. It's late and I've just gotten home, so I'll keep this to the basics, I'll flesh it out fully sometime tomorrow evening or the weekend. BTW, Horie-chan please feel free to add this to your wonderful guide on VLOW!

First off, you're going to need to install the OGP Launcher, you can get it here:
OGPlanet.com - It's Your World - La Tale
If you're having trouble getting the OGP Launcher to launch La Tale you're out of luck for the moment. There is a registry file from frederick09 that may help if you've installed La Tale to the default directory ( C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\ ). I plan to test this further and write more about it, but this falls under fleshing things out later. (Sorry, it's late and I have to go out early tomorrow! )

Next up, you're going to need Process Explorer from Sysinternals/Microsoft. You can obtain it here:
Process Explorer
Unzip the file you download and run procexp.exe, now run OGP's Launcher and log into it. Go to La Tale and click on Game Start, wait for the old LT Launcher window to come up:
Now, go back to Process Explorer. Scroll down until you see ogplauncher.exe and LaTaleLauncher.exe:
Right Click on LaTaleLauncher.exe and choose properties. You should get a window like this:
The information you need is in the box below Command line. Just highlight the text with your mouse and move all the way to the right to find your userid and token, they'll be in the positions the red text take up below:
Once you've selected all the text you can hit Ctrl-C to copy it. I recommend you paste it into notepad for the next step.

Now, edit your old VLOW launch link by right clicking on it and choosing properties. You need to modify the Target box to be like this, substituting your userid and the token you got above from Process Explorer:
"C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleClient.exe" /Windowed /LoginServer:208.167.227.205:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET /WEBARG:serviceid=5`userid=userid`token=62ebe527b0c818a71cebfb2e7da5fe1a
IMPORTANT: NOTE THE ` MARKS! They must be in there, they're not just for looks.

Here's the line in a code window so you can see it easier:

Code:
"C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleClient.exe" /Windowed /LoginServer:208.167.227.205:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET /WEBARG:serviceid=5`userid=userid`token=62ebe527b0c818a71cebfb2e7da5fe1a
Personally I recommend you copy the text above into Notepad on another line, then replace the userid and tokens with those you already pasted in from Process Explorer. Then copy the modified line and paste it back into your VLOW shortcut Target line. It's easier to make sure you edit it properly this way. Of course you can change that from /WINDOWED to /FULL and any of the other stuff Horie-chan talks about in her guide. Save your changes and the shortcut's ready to go.

After you have your shortcut modified, close out Process Explorer and the La Tale Launcher. You can also exit OGP's Launcher if you want (I've tested it both ways, it works fine). But be sure you close out Process Explorer, Xtrap doesn't like it very well and may kill La Tale off randomly on you. (I had that happen a few times looking into how the new method works. )

One caution on this method: tokens can change over time, they probably also expire after an unknown amount of time If you find that this stops working, just go through the steps above to get a new token and edit your shortcut again. Also, if you do have a token expire, please report here how long it was since you'd first obtained it. With enough reports we can get a good idea of how long they're good, I'll add it to the info above.

Credits: frederic09 and KillerTofu for helping get the information together on how to do this.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

Last edited by Manabi; 04-08-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added new LoginServer

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-14-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ai Sp@ceCabal OnlineDream of Mirror OnlineDrift City

aznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to behold
IGN: HorieChan/HiranoChan
Class: 弓トレハン/アティ lt_bard
Level: 14x/8x
Guild: サイラクス/サイラクス

Great! Great!! Great!!!

Crap! Crap!! Crap!!!

lol using this method, it gave me the homepage + ogplauncher which is new to me.

EDIT: Hmm, keep getting encryption key is wrong error.. even I just changed it.

Last edited by aznsakura; 05-14-2010 at 12:29 AM.

05-14-2010   #3 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works

Wow, that's... actually really great, although I have never tried VLOW before. But a very big big thank you for compiling all this, all three of you. I have yet to test this method, and I'm going to try doing it now, but really, I am very VERY sure people would appreciate this.

EDIT: Yes, apparently, I got the same error as well as Sakura there, about the encryption key. However, I can bypass the launcher when I just write "C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleLauncher.exe" serviceid=5 userid=xxx token= xxx" by itself, so I'm still very thankful, and I sort of dub this the OGFail Launcher bypasser. <3

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

Last edited by ArturiaPendragon; 05-14-2010 at 01:11 AM.

05-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

IceDragon is on a distinguished road

Tested and confirmed to work

05-14-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

nilam is on a distinguished road

My tokens had expired. I'm not sure exactly when they expired though. I went out for a couple of hours and came back finding I wasn't able to use my shiny shortcuts anymore.

I think I got mine around 9 hours ago. It might have expired before the 9 hours though.

05-14-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

*like really early in the morning X_X*

I did the 1st few steps and now I'm stuck w/ blank Properties window... so all I have to do is copy/paste the stuff in the lines?

05-14-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleAuditionPangya

frederic09 has a spectacular aura aboutfrederic09 has a spectacular aura aboutfrederic09 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to frederic09 Send a message via MSN to frederic09 Send a message via Skype™ to frederic09

i was afraid and it was confirmed. The tokens expires after a certain time.

kmel : wierd, maybe the ogplauncher has been updated again

Waiting carefully for the new european publisher for LaTale... if there are one, of course.
And all my LaTale characters will be leveled without any xp pots. Nice, isn't it?
---
LaTale IGNs : Teredic, Wizard lv.70 | Celimene, Ruin Walkress lv.196 | Maerlyn, Witch lv.74 | Frederic09, Wizard lv.70
Audition EU IGN : Frederic09, lv.14
Pangya IGN : Celimene, Junior C

05-14-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

nilam is on a distinguished road

Does anyone here encounter the problem with the OGPLauncher refusing to acknowledge about LaTale being installed?

I have to reinstall the OGPLauncher every single time I need to open it after I've closed it down.

It would be nice if I could get it to work without the tedious cycle of reinstalling the OGPLauncer again and again. :X

edit:

I figured how to end the tedious cycle of reinstalling the OGPLauncher every time I have to reopen it now. Apparently, the OGPLauncher wants us to install Latale in C directory, instead of wherever we see fit. :X
So moving the whole folder into C and adjusting the registry to point out to the new address is enough to make the OGPLauncer happy and working properly. *sigh*

I don't like having my game folder in C though. *cough*

Last edited by nilam; 05-14-2010 at 08:15 AM.

05-14-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La Tale

Willz is a jewel in the roughWillz is a jewel in the roughWillz is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Willz
Class: Dragoon lt_warlord
Level: 197
Guild: StarOcean

Same issue as kmel - properties window was blank when LaTale's properties were opened >:
Willzy 121 Treasure Hunter
Willzyx 88 Sorceror
Wheelz 80 Meister

05-14-2010   #10 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ermortai
Class: Bloop lt_templar
Level: 167
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
*like really early in the morning X_X*

I did the 1st few steps and now I'm stuck w/ blank Properties window... so all I have to do is copy/paste the stuff in the lines?

[image]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willz
Same issue as kmel - properties window was blank when LaTale's properties were opened >:
Are you both running Process Explorer as an administrator? I also get blank fields when I run it as a normal user.

05-14-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La Tale

Willz is a jewel in the roughWillz is a jewel in the roughWillz is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Willz
Class: Dragoon lt_warlord
Level: 197
Guild: StarOcean

That's it, it's always the simple things like that I forget to do ._.
Everything's showing up now, thanks xD
Willzy 121 Treasure Hunter
Willzyx 88 Sorceror
Wheelz 80 Meister

05-14-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleAuditionPangya

frederic09 has a spectacular aura aboutfrederic09 has a spectacular aura aboutfrederic09 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to frederic09 Send a message via MSN to frederic09 Send a message via Skype™ to frederic09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
There is a registry file from frederic09 that may help if you've installed La Tale to the default directory ( C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\ ).
The reg link i've made for Azu is not the default one (her directory was C:\Games\OGP\LaTale\LaTale\).

You have to take this reg file. If you want a reg file for you personnalized location, just tell me.

Waiting carefully for the new european publisher for LaTale... if there are one, of course.
And all my LaTale characters will be leveled without any xp pots. Nice, isn't it?
---
LaTale IGNs : Teredic, Wizard lv.70 | Celimene, Ruin Walkress lv.196 | Maerlyn, Witch lv.74 | Frederic09, Wizard lv.70
Audition EU IGN : Frederic09, lv.14
Pangya IGN : Celimene, Junior C

05-14-2010   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

xzerox12345 is on a distinguished road
Class: laggy Blader :) lt_blader
Level: 15x

hmm any solution to "encryption key is wrong error"?

05-14-2010   #14 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ermortai
Class: Bloop lt_templar
Level: 167
Guild: Kirameki

Make sure you're copying your username/token perfectly. If you put in only part of the token, or leave out the ` symbols/turn them into spaces, it won't work.

I should also note that ` is NOT the apostrophe ('). It's the key right above Tab you need to use.

05-14-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Thanks Mana!

Token Start Date: Since the update thingy?

Hopefully I can tell when the token ish gone.

EDIT:

Where exactly are we supposed to use that has VLOW in it? The old Launcher before horrid update or new one?

Last edited by kmelfina; 05-14-2010 at 02:34 PM.

05-14-2010   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Marvulus can only hope to improve
IGN: Marvulus
Class: Ex-Level 104 Meister, Potential Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: Over 10.
Xfire: FrostedFlyer

Epic,Had to stop playing Normal Ogplanet Latale and pick up Aeria's cause of this
NOW im back to my Meister :0

Last edited by Marvulus; 05-14-2010 at 04:20 PM.

05-14-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ai Sp@ceCabal OnlineDream of Mirror OnlineDrift City

aznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to behold
IGN: HorieChan/HiranoChan
Class: 弓トレハン/アティ lt_bard
Level: 14x/8x
Guild: サイラクス/サイラクス

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTofu
Make sure you're copying your username/token perfectly. If you put in only part of the token, or leave out the ` symbols/turn them into spaces, it won't work.

I should also note that ` is NOT the apostrophe ('). It's the key right above Tab you need to use.
Ohh, that could be the problem thanks KT.

05-14-2010   #18 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTofu

Also, if you just copy and paste the sample command line from my example, then just replace the userid and tokens you'll have the correct back apostrophe already. I'll note that in the post here in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
Thanks Mana!

Token Start Date: Since the update thingy?

Hopefully I can tell when the token ish gone.

EDIT:

Where exactly are we supposed to use that has VLOW in it? The old Launcher before horrid update or new one?
You have to use the new launcher to get the token, then you make a shortcut to LaTaleClient.exe and modify the target line from that shortcut's properties to add /VLOW to it (and the userid and token). Be sure to read Horie-chan's guide for full info on making the shortcut icon.

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, the token in the example's just the MD5 hash of "randomstuff".

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

05-14-2010   #19 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Redz will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrimLuck
Class: Maestro/Ministrel lt_bard
Level: 194/193
Guild: SolarBreak
Xfire: Grimmy

Is there any way to fix the xtrap problem?

Credit: Noperative

05-14-2010   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Cydia is on a distinguished road
IGN: SSJLydia/Elestria/

Was thrilled to find this, especially since my friend seems to have gotten it to work for himself. However... it doesn't work for me.

I did just as the instructions say, and... got the Encryption error.

Okay, so I repeat from step 1 in case I fubared and... got the Encryption error.

I then noticed that each time I try this, my token changes. I don't know why (I'm not even sure what tokens are) but I think this is the reason I can't do this. It will never match up since when I try to launch LaTale after having made the necessary changes, the token will have changed. Again. I don't know if this is a DSL related problem or something else entirely. :\