ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-tech-issues/)
-   -   [OGPlanet] How to enable VLOW Post-Hell's Door Update (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-tech-issues/75914-how-enable-vlow-post-hells-door-update.html)

Manabi 05-14-2010 12:08 AM

How to enable VLOW Post-Hell's Door Update

Note: If you run into problems be sure to read through the whole thread. We keep finding out new stuff about how the new system works, so I may not have the info in this post yet. I'll add new information as quickly as I can.

All right, this is a lot more complicated than it previously was, but it IS doable to play the game on VLOW. It's late and I've just gotten home, so I'll keep this to the basics, I'll flesh it out fully sometime tomorrow evening or the weekend. BTW, Horie-chan please feel free to add this to your wonderful guide on VLOW!

First off, you're going to need to install the OGP Launcher, you can get it here:
OGPlanet.com - It's Your World - La Tale
If you're having trouble getting the OGP Launcher to launch La Tale you're out of luck for the moment. There is a registry file from frederick09 that may help if you've installed La Tale to the default directory ( C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\ ). I plan to test this further and write more about it, but this falls under fleshing things out later. (Sorry, it's late and I have to go out early tomorrow! :py53:)

Next up, you're going to need Process Explorer from Sysinternals/Microsoft. You can obtain it here:
Process Explorer
Unzip the file you download and run procexp.exe, now run OGP's Launcher and log into it. Go to La Tale and click on Game Start, wait for the old LT Launcher window to come up:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9...lelauncher.png
Now, go back to Process Explorer. Scroll down until you see ogplauncher.exe and LaTaleLauncher.exe:
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4...erltlaunch.png
Right Click on LaTaleLauncher.exe and choose properties. You should get a window like this:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4...erltlaunch.png
The information you need is in the box below Command line. Just highlight the text with your mouse and move all the way to the right to find your userid and token, they'll be in the positions the red text take up below:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4...erltlaunch.png
Once you've selected all the text you can hit Ctrl-C to copy it. I recommend you paste it into notepad for the next step.

Now, edit your old VLOW launch link by right clicking on it and choosing properties. You need to modify the Target box to be like this, substituting your userid and the token you got above from Process Explorer:
"C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleClient.exe" /Windowed /LoginServer:208.167.227.205:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET /WEBARG:serviceid=5`userid=userid`token=62ebe527b0c818a71cebfb2e7da5fe1a
IMPORTANT: NOTE THE ` MARKS! They must be in there, they're not just for looks.

Here's the line in a code window so you can see it easier:

Code:

"C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleClient.exe" /Windowed /LoginServer:208.167.227.205:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET /WEBARG:serviceid=5`userid=userid`token=62ebe527b0c818a71cebfb2e7da5fe1a
Personally I recommend you copy the text above into Notepad on another line, then replace the userid and tokens with those you already pasted in from Process Explorer. Then copy the modified line and paste it back into your VLOW shortcut Target line. It's easier to make sure you edit it properly this way. Of course you can change that from /WINDOWED to /FULL and any of the other stuff Horie-chan talks about in her guide. Save your changes and the shortcut's ready to go.

After you have your shortcut modified, close out Process Explorer and the La Tale Launcher. You can also exit OGP's Launcher if you want (I've tested it both ways, it works fine). But be sure you close out Process Explorer, Xtrap doesn't like it very well and may kill La Tale off randomly on you. (I had that happen a few times looking into how the new method works. :py01:)

One caution on this method: tokens can change over time, they probably also expire after an unknown amount of time If you find that this stops working, just go through the steps above to get a new token and edit your shortcut again. Also, if you do have a token expire, please report here how long it was since you'd first obtained it. With enough reports we can get a good idea of how long they're good, I'll add it to the info above.

Credits: frederic09 and KillerTofu for helping get the information together on how to do this.

aznsakura 05-14-2010 01:05 AM

Great! Great!! Great!!!

Crap! Crap!! Crap!!!

lol using this method, it gave me the homepage + ogplauncher which is new to me.

EDIT: Hmm, keep getting encryption key is wrong error.. even I just changed it.

ArturiaPendragon 05-14-2010 01:50 AM

Wow, that's... actually really great, although I have never tried VLOW before. But a very big big thank you for compiling all this, all three of you. I have yet to test this method, and I'm going to try doing it now, but really, I am very VERY sure people would appreciate this.

EDIT: Yes, apparently, I got the same error as well as Sakura there, about the encryption key. However, I can bypass the launcher when I just write "C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleLauncher.exe" serviceid=5 userid=xxx token= xxx" by itself, so I'm still very thankful, and I sort of dub this the OGFail Launcher bypasser. <3

IceDragon 05-14-2010 02:27 AM

Tested and confirmed to work

nilam 05-14-2010 03:15 AM

My tokens had expired. I'm not sure exactly when they expired though. I went out for a couple of hours and came back finding I wasn't able to use my shiny shortcuts anymore.

I think I got mine around 9 hours ago. It might have expired before the 9 hours though.

kmelfina 05-14-2010 04:25 AM

*like really early in the morning X_X*

I did the 1st few steps and now I'm stuck w/ blank Properties window... so all I have to do is copy/paste the stuff in the lines?

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Aboutthat.jpg

frederic09 05-14-2010 04:27 AM

i was afraid and it was confirmed. The tokens expires after a certain time.

kmel : wierd, maybe the ogplauncher has been updated again :(

nilam 05-14-2010 04:35 AM

Does anyone here encounter the problem with the OGPLauncher refusing to acknowledge about LaTale being installed?

I have to reinstall the OGPLauncher every single time I need to open it after I've closed it down.

It would be nice if I could get it to work without the tedious cycle of reinstalling the OGPLauncer again and again. :X

edit:

I figured how to end the tedious cycle of reinstalling the OGPLauncher every time I have to reopen it now. Apparently, the OGPLauncher wants us to install Latale in C directory, instead of wherever we see fit. :X
So moving the whole folder into C and adjusting the registry to point out to the new address is enough to make the OGPLauncer happy and working properly. *sigh*

I don't like having my game folder in C though. *cough*

Willz 05-14-2010 08:17 AM

Same issue as kmel - properties window was blank when LaTale's properties were opened >:

KillerTofu 05-14-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmelfina (Post 1237983)
*like really early in the morning X_X*

I did the 1st few steps and now I'm stuck w/ blank Properties window... so all I have to do is copy/paste the stuff in the lines?

[image]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willz (Post 1238074)
Same issue as kmel - properties window was blank when LaTale's properties were opened >:

Are you both running Process Explorer as an administrator? I also get blank fields when I run it as a normal user.

Willz 05-14-2010 09:07 AM

That's it, it's always the simple things like that I forget to do ._.
Everything's showing up now, thanks xD

frederic09 05-14-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro4k (Post 1237878)
There is a registry file from frederic09 that may help if you've installed La Tale to the default directory ( C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\ ).

The reg link i've made for Azu is not the default one (her directory was C:\Games\OGP\LaTale\LaTale\).

You have to take this reg file. If you want a reg file for you personnalized location, just tell me.

xzerox12345 05-14-2010 12:30 PM

hmm any solution to "encryption key is wrong error"?

KillerTofu 05-14-2010 01:02 PM

Make sure you're copying your username/token perfectly. If you put in only part of the token, or leave out the ` symbols/turn them into spaces, it won't work.

I should also note that ` is NOT the apostrophe ('). It's the key right above Tab you need to use.

kmelfina 05-14-2010 03:22 PM

Thanks Mana!

Token Start Date: Since the update thingy?

Hopefully I can tell when the token ish gone.

EDIT:

Where exactly are we supposed to use that has VLOW in it? The old Launcher before horrid update or new one?

Marvulus 05-14-2010 04:23 PM

Epic,Had to stop playing Normal Ogplanet Latale and pick up Aeria's cause of this
NOW im back to my Meister :0

aznsakura 05-14-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerTofu (Post 1238242)
Make sure you're copying your username/token perfectly. If you put in only part of the token, or leave out the ` symbols/turn them into spaces, it won't work.

I should also note that ` is NOT the apostrophe ('). It's the key right above Tab you need to use.

Ohh, that could be the problem thanks KT.

Manabi 05-14-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerTofu (Post 1238242)

Also, if you just copy and paste the sample command line from my example, then just replace the userid and tokens you'll have the correct back apostrophe already. I'll note that in the post here in a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmelfina (Post 1238302)
Thanks Mana!

Token Start Date: Since the update thingy?

Hopefully I can tell when the token ish gone.

EDIT:

Where exactly are we supposed to use that has VLOW in it? The old Launcher before horrid update or new one?

You have to use the new launcher to get the token, then you make a shortcut to LaTaleClient.exe and modify the target line from that shortcut's properties to add /VLOW to it (and the userid and token). Be sure to read Horie-chan's guide for full info on making the shortcut icon.

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, the token in the example's just the MD5 hash of "randomstuff". :py01:

Redz 05-14-2010 07:58 PM

Is there any way to fix the xtrap problem?

Cydia 05-14-2010 08:29 PM

Was thrilled to find this, especially since my friend seems to have gotten it to work for himself. However... it doesn't work for me. :(

I did just as the instructions say, and... got the Encryption error.

Okay, so I repeat from step 1 in case I fubared and... got the Encryption error.

I then noticed that each time I try this, my token changes. I don't know why (I'm not even sure what tokens are) but I think this is the reason I can't do this. It will never match up since when I try to launch LaTale after having made the necessary changes, the token will have changed. Again. I don't know if this is a DSL related problem or something else entirely. :\