Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-22-2010   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Scarzii is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Scarzii Send a message via MSN to Scarzii Send a message via Yahoo to Scarzii Send a message via Skype™ to Scarzii
IGN: Scarzii
Class: Templar lt_templar
Level: 83
Guild: SmoothCriminal
Unhappy Inable to start LaTale Client

Hello fellow LaTalers.

I start the LaTale Launcher, as usual, and as soon as I press Start, I either get the message popping up saying that the program has become unresponsive/has frozen/you get the idea, or else I get An error message about how the memory could not be written, or read.

For the latter of the two, here are some of the examples of the messages I recieve:

"The instruction at 0x00000da0 referenced memory at 0x00000da0. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program"

"The instruction at 0x0094c120 referenced memory at 0x16356000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program"

Do any of you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Befoer you suggest un-installing and re-installing, I've tried that four times.

Thanks, guys (and ladies) in advance!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-22-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ryofonewm will become famous soon enough
IGN: xXAngelicaXx
Class: Explorer (Bow) lt_explorer
Level: 55
Guild: Looking for one ;p

Does the client works in the past and it just suddenly stop working? Or is it not working to begin with?

In any case, can you give us more information about your computer (such as the specs and software you are using)? It will be easier to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue if we have the information. You may also want to post a hijack this log here because some of us can determine if your computer is infected by malware by looking at the log (virus, trojan etc).

01-22-2010   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Scarzii Send a message via MSN to Scarzii Send a message via Yahoo to Scarzii Send a message via Skype™ to Scarzii

It started after this latest update.

I'm using Windows Vista software, and I have a Dell Laptop.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz 1.87 GHz
2GB RAM, 32-bit Operating System.

Here's the HiJack This! File:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Esper; 03-31-2010 at 08:46 PM.

01-22-2010   #4 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarzii
C:\Program Files\Furcadia\furc_on.exe
C:\Users\Bonnie\AppData\Local\Temp\furcupdate027b. exe
Have you tried running La Tale without Furcadia running? Xtrap could be objecting to it running at the same time.

Also have you followed the advice in this thread already? /forum/latale-tech-i...l-patches.html

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

01-22-2010   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I got rid of all the unnecessary things, like Furcadia. And I also did the computer scan for making more free space. I forgot the name of it tho' because it was a friend's suggestion. ;-;

So, now it makes it to the loading page of the client before it gives me one of those error messages. o-o (Loading page before the login page)

Yes, I downloaded some of the files from that thread, but it didn't change anything! ;-;

Here's how far it loads before giving me the error message, and what the error message looks like. http://i49.tinypic.com/wkph94.jpg

Last edited by Esper; 03-31-2010 at 08:46 PM.

01-23-2010   #6 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future

You've tried disabling all your anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware and running La Tale already? (I see AVG and Ad-Aware at least in your HijackThis log.) Also have you tried uninstalling LT and re-installing it?

If it still does it after disabling all anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware and other unnecessary programs please make another HijackThis log so we can see what's left running.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),

01-23-2010   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Here's the new Hijack This! File post-AVG & AdAware running.

Spoiler!

Also, yes I tried un-installing and re-installing. I also tried repairing it (running the install while it's still installed gives you the repair or uninstall options is what I mean I did, though you probably already know that. ;-; ), and I also ran a DeFrag.

Though apparently even though I ended the AVG and AdAware processes, they are still running somehow? o-o

Also, my brother looked at that screenshot and thinks it's a program coding error.
Just throwing that out there.

Last edited by Esper; 03-31-2010 at 08:44 PM.

01-23-2010   #8 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

It could just be a conflict with one of your video/audio drivers that's causing it, not necessarily a programming error in LT itself. (Although LT's not the most efficiently coded program out there.)

Have you checked for updates to your video and audio drives? That may help, if not, I'm out of ideas, you should contact OGP's helpdesk, hopefully they can help you.

01-24-2010   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

You need to make sure that you are running LaTale with only the essential processes/programs. So, try closing the Firefox and MSN messenger as well. (If you read one of the thread from few days ago, the OP was getting the same error because of Google Chrome!)

Also, go to task manager->Process, and try to kill the following by using "end process":

C:\Windows\V0415Mon.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe

If it doesn't work after disable/closing everything, then maybe you should try using system restore by pick a restore point before Jan 18.

If it still doesn't work, then it could be a driver/registry/hardware issue. For driver issue, you can try to go to Dell's website to see if there is any driver update for your laptop. For registry issue, you can try using registry cleaner, but use it at your own risk. For hardware issue, there is not much you can do since you are using a laptop. Though, I doubt it is a hardware issue, since you said it only started happening after the last patch.

01-24-2010   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

@Maestro: Thank you for your attempt at helping, I really appreciate it. I'll give the OG Help Desk a shot.

@Ryo: I would use a system restore for before Jan. 18th, but the only restore point I seem to have is for Jan. 22nd. ;-; I removed the things you told me to, which brought me to twelve processes running, including shutting down MSN Messenger and Firefox, and that did not work. I am currently downloading some drivers and I will post the results shortly after the install is completed.

I brought my laptop into Best Buy's GeekSquad, and they found nothing wrong with the hard drive or RAM. So apparently it's a program error. ;_;

Last edited by Esper; 03-31-2010 at 08:40 PM.

01-26-2010   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

I am not sure what else you can do to fix the problem... There is a possibility that you will fix the problem by reinstalling your Windows, but I am not really sure if it is worth the trouble to do that. Backing up your data, reinstalling the Windows, and reinstalling all the software will literally take you a least half a day to finish.

Though, there are some benefit for reinstall the Windows besides the possibility of fixing the problem. If you haven't reinstalled your Windows within a year, it may not be a bad thing to do. Typically, computer gets slower as you repeating install and uninstall programs; and reinstalling Windows allows you to reset everything to the fresh state.

03-31-2010   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Thumbs up

Fixed mysteriously after not playing for 2 weeks! o-o
Sorry for not getting back to this thread. D: