Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

bakajj is on a distinguished road
Default Increased latency without changing settings?

Hullo there~

These few days, my LaTale has been having increased latency. Previously it was working fine, but suddenly all my movement seems to lag. For example, when I run, it will show me walking fast, then suddenly it will return to where I was previously and start dashing, and I usually end up further than I should have gone.

At first I thought it might have been my internet; however, all my other programs that use the internet seem to run fine and at their usual internet speed, LaTale seems to be the only problem.

The only thing I can think of that I've changed is installing the AppLocale; however, since I am using Windows 7, I just changed the System Locale in the Regional and Language options, so I have uninstalled the redundant AppLocale.

Anyone have an idea of what I've done wrong? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read.

Update: It seems skills are not affected, the problem seems to arise when I move left or right =S

Last edited by bakajj; 10-13-2009 at 03:58 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-13-2009   #2 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

/forum/latale-tech-i...l-patches.html

Have you read that? Let me know if you need more help.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

10-14-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

bakajj is on a distinguished road

I'd read that post previously but wasn't game enough to do the Lag Semi-Fix because I wasn't sure if I would mess it up... However I've tried it and it seems to work now! Although I also reset my modem by taking out the power cord and putting it back in because sometimes the internet screws up as the modem overheats.... So I don't know if it was the registry editing or the resetting of the modem that fixed it, but it definitely works =)

Thanks for the help. =)

P.S. Maybe include resetting the internet modem in your post, because I completely forgot about that and the hot modem is sometimes the cause of our internet problems.

10-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Ah yea, I forgot about that one too. Thanks I'll add it.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601