09-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Lauren is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Lauren
Class: Troll lt_guardian
Level: 10x - Goal 125
Guild: ShiningRay
Question Disconnecting whilst afk - Laptop

Whenever i go afk for a long period of time i get disconnected from server or my laptop hibernates.

This time it was hibernating which obviously shut down LaTale. I don't know how to prevent this from happening. I turned off my screensavers and all that jargon but it still seemed to happen.
The weird thing is when i woke my laptop up the latale client wasn't on the screen saying disconnected, it just wasn't executed on my desktop anymore. I highly doubt anyone came into my room, climbed up onto my bunk bed and turned it off on my bunk bed-side table?

I turned latale back on since i had been idling at the cannons to gain exp, i gained 24% whilst i was sleeping and i'm at lvl 98 so i am trying to calculate how long my laptop survived staying awake and when it closed down. I slept for approx 6-7 hours.

Must fix within the next 40 mins because i wan't to keep this running for the whole day whilst i'm at work.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

I think I have fixed it, i edited/changed the power plan which has nothing to do with screen saver - I couldn't find this section before. /o/ Yahoo answers

Let's hope this works.

Will report back in.. 12 hours when ig et home from work =_=

09-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

So it's 1pm now and i'm at work. I left my laptop at 8am and i'm wondering if you guys can help me by spotting my character 'Lauren' who should be wearing a Bull Hat and sitting outside the Pet Shop in the crowd on CHANNEL 5 at the exp cannons in her pink underwear. This is just to confirm whether my laptop has survived 5 hours and if i actually fixed the problem. So report back to me if you can, I appreciate it.

[Edit] For some reason I can't use the edit feature unless I post again? The button only shows up after submitting a new comment, sorry for the double posting. Sucky work PCs.

Last edited by Lauren; 09-11-2009 at 06:02 AM.

09-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Yune is on a distinguished road
IGN: Florete

I couldn't find you in the mob, but you're still online in the guild so I'm assuming that you haven't crashed yet.

09-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

I have the same problem on my laptop. I'm unsure why it dcs. Mine is pretty random though, it can stay connected over night and through the day. But sometimes it dcs within 5minutes. I'll let you know if I find a solution.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

09-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Thanks Shugi and thanks alot Yune for checking the guild panel, why didn't I think of that. <3

Gives me hope \o/

What lvl am I on the guild panel? Still 98 I suppose.

09-11-2009   #7 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugi
I have the same problem on my laptop. I'm unsure why it dcs. Mine is pretty random though, it can stay connected over night and through the day. But sometimes it dcs within 5minutes. I'll let you know if I find a solution.
If you're using wireless it could be something interfering with the wireless randomly that causes it. Doesn't have to be a long glitch, just long enough to make the client think it's lost contact with the server.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

09-11-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

I'm back home now and my laptop is running fine. It's been running all day and was pleased to find I lvld to 99 during that time /o/

It was my Power Plan settings which were causing my laptop to shutdown after a certain ammount of hours - I couldn't find this before as it was a hidden option panel like most things in Vista. A damn pain. It's now set to 'Never' for turning itself off.

09-14-2009   #9 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Turns out my connection problem is due to people downloading in the evenings. orz

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601