Rating:  

LinkBack (11) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-05-2009   #41 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

On vista the installation is not seen, but rather 30mins later it will show up in the registry. I don't know about XP.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-09-2009   #42 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

quantanomad is on a distinguished road

I tried this fix but the lag didnt get much better. What I have can't really be called lag as I can chat and interact with NPCs just fine. It's the movement that's causing all the problems. For the love of god! every time I press the left or right arrow it takes ages for my character to move. Can't even position it to climb up a ladder most of the times.
Lag is when you there is a delay in everything you do...interact with NPC, use Potion/skills, chat. It's not really lag when all is fine except you just can't move properly.
Did a lot of digging around and it seems this is a very very common problem among almost all players to some extent. I do hope they fix "Position lag" as the game seems promising!
Back to good old Maplestory for me it seems

09-09-2009   #43 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute

Any delay in any form is called lag. Not just NPCs. Just cause you can talk to NPCs doesn't mean you're not lagging. When I'm lagging (torrenting/downloading) NPCs work just fine. Only movement is slow.

09-13-2009   #44 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Redz will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrimLuck
Class: Maestro/Ministrel lt_bard
Level: 194/193
Guild: SolarBreak
Xfire: Grimmy

Oh you should post in the thread that Windows XP Home edition can't be installed/run on it.

Credit: Noperative

10-27-2009   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Amanos is an unknown quantity at this point

ehm at step 11 to 13 , i have 3 entries in my regedit window and there are 2 with the same informations as in my command prompt , but in the command prompt window it's written that they are disabled , so i don't know if i choose 1 of the 2 which are disabled or the third i can't find which maybe is the enabled one o-o'

10-27-2009   #46 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Adding the entry to all 3 won't do any harm.

10-28-2009   #47 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Shugi, do you remember that codec some one posted a few months ago for Vista that would disable it's periodic search for additional wireless connections? It actually helped quite a bit in Vista, and I've noticed that Windows 7 has a constant search going, or it seems like it, I haven't been able to truly test it just yet.

If you remember where it's at, it may not be a bad idea to post it in the OP. I'm still looking for it, and if I find it I'll let you know.

Have you seen any codecs like that developed for XP or Windows 7? It may also not be a bad idea to include Ashampoo in this OP as well, because it works even with Windows 7 now and it can help a lot of lag for many players.

10-28-2009   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Amanos is an unknown quantity at this point

I can do lader skipping and also run then jump and catch laders D:

but somewhat there is still delay.

Plus latale is a little slow on seven

10-28-2009   #49 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

I'm not sure what you mean by codec. But Vista has a services called WirelessAutoconfig. Disabling it won't do you any good, but there are registry hacks for it.

There's also Vista Anti-lag to optimize your wireless connection. Windows 7 doesn't suffer from this issue to my knowledge.

Also Ashampoo doesn't actually fix, it optimizes. This is a fix, also referred to as a registry hack to some.

I'll include ashampoo in the other thread, but I don't endorse programs generally unless they're open source(free4realzpls).

Last edited by Shugi; 10-28-2009 at 02:45 PM.

10-29-2009   #50 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugi

Also Ashampoo doesn't actually fix, it optimizes. This is a fix, also referred to as a registry hack to some.

I'll include ashampoo in the other thread, but I don't endorse programs generally unless they're open source(free4realzpls).
I'm glad i added something good to the forum

12-21-2009   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleMapleStoryMabinogiLunia

Strawberry has a spectacular aura aboutStrawberry has a spectacular aura about
Class: Bard

Oh crap, I can't do this since I have XP Edition. =s
Anyways, I did Part A without even knowing I don't have MSMQ. Does it affect the game in anyway?

12-25-2009   #52 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Nagle's Algorithm is the main cause of lag. You'll need MSMQ to disable it.

12-30-2009   #53 (permalink)
I broke those cuffs
Games
Elsword

SkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura aboutSkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura aboutSkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to SkittlesX333 Send a message via Yahoo to SkittlesX333 Send a message via Skype™ to SkittlesX333
Class: Sword Knight lt_blader

I'm on Vista myself, and on Wireless. what can I do? I don't really lag, but I get lag spikes alot. Does it on Wireless or wired, All of my computer. It isn't constant, but it does happen at times, and gets annoying. It's a brand new computer and has pretty damn good hardware.

Last edited by SkittlesX333; 12-30-2009 at 07:55 AM.

12-31-2009   #54 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games

Same process.

01-01-2010   #55 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

vinehair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to vinehair
IGN: vinehair
Class: Bard/Warrior lt_bard
Level: 122/60
Guild: CrupeCrew
Default A note

I would like to remind everyone that you cannot eliminate network latency nor fully eliminate network spikes, just the same as you cannot break the laws of physics.

Electricity and light are fast, but on out Internet the maximum speed I've ever seen a packet traverse the US->UK gap is 120ms, which is always noticable for gaming. America will also have a sizeable lag if you're jumping from one side of the country to the other, or if you're having a heavy network load, simply from one state to the next. For the record, I suspect the physical server used by La Tale is located in Los Angeles (or at least it's hosting company is.)

You can speed up your own computer, but you cannot influence your switchboard and the worldwide web. You can also make sure that you don't get random Windows Updates hogging your bandwidth or other programs wanting to go online while you play, but you cannot stop intermittent failures or occasionally slow transferrals, resulting in spikes.

By all means try these mods, but do not expect miracles, because they will not provide those. And also be aware that these features are in Windows for a purpose: turning off QoS features will make already normally heavy programs like BitTorrent excruciatingly brutal on your connection, and will completely saturate your connection.

01-01-2010   #56 (permalink)
I broke those cuffs
Games
Elsword

SkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura aboutSkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura aboutSkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to SkittlesX333 Send a message via Yahoo to SkittlesX333 Send a message via Skype™ to SkittlesX333
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinehair
I would like to remind everyone that you cannot eliminate network latency nor fully eliminate network spikes, just the same as you cannot break the laws of physics.

Electricity and light are fast, but on out Internet the maximum speed I've ever seen a packet traverse the US->UK gap is 120ms, which is always noticable for gaming. America will also have a sizable lag if you're jumping from one side of the country to the other, or if you're having a heavy network load, simply from one state to the next. For the record, I suspect the physical server used by La Tale is located in Los Angeles (or at least it's hosting company is.)

You can speed up your own computer, but you cannot influence your switchboard and the worldwide web. You can also make sure that you don't get random Windows Updates hogging your bandwidth or other programs wanting to go online while you play, but you cannot stop intermittent failures or occasionally slow transferals, resulting in spikes.

By all means try these mods, but do not expect miracles, because they will not provide those. And also be aware that these features are in Windows for a purpose: turning off QoS features will make already normally heavy programs like BitTorrent excruciatingly brutal on your connection, and will completely saturate your connection.
Yeah. This. From what I was able to gather, OGP only uses 10gb Ethernet backbones which is NOT enough for an entire country and than some to play an online game. Hell, I've seen some games with a 30gb back bone have lag spikes.

Having the best internet, and best computer can somewhat fix lag, but it will never ever fix it completely. It's Latency you want, I went from a 30mb/s Cable connection, to a crappy 3mb/s DSL connection and the ping to OGP's server was only 1-3 ms difference.

But a person can computer can play a part in Lag. IF you do lag, once again make sure there is nothing else running on your PC Eating CPU or internet. Try turning graphics down, NPC balloons, etc. That CAN help abit.

01-01-2010   #57 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittlesX333
Yeah. This. From what I was able to gather, OGP only uses 10gb Ethernet backbones which is NOT enough for an entire country and than some to play an online game. Hell, I've seen some games with a 30gb back bone have lag spikes.
Yeah, their hosting provider doesn't seem to have enough backbone bandwidth, but there's also some potential router overload causing latency issues on the hosting provider's network as well. (This is why you can't ping the server, there's routers filtering out the ping packets.) I'm honestly not sure which is the main problem, but I suspect it's one of the two (and maybe a combo of both). The only real way for OGP to fix this is to get a different, BETTER, hosting provider. There's certainly no shortage of them in California either, but they don't seem inclined to change. *sigh*

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

01-01-2010   #58 (permalink)
I broke those cuffs
Games
Elsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
Yeah, their hosting provider doesn't seem to have enough backbone bandwidth, but there's also some potential router overload causing latency issues on the hosting provider's network as well. (This is why you can't ping the server, there's routers filtering out the ping packets.) I'm honestly not sure which is the main problem, but I suspect it's one of the two (and maybe a combo of both). The only real way for OGP to fix this is to get a different, BETTER, hosting provider. There's certainly no shortage of them in California either, but they don't seem inclined to change. *sigh*
And you will just LOVE this image.

01-01-2010   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleMapleStoryMabinogiLunia

Strawberry has a spectacular aura aboutStrawberry has a spectacular aura about
Class: Bard

It's funny, since my crappy little laptop runs LT smoothly than my PC. Right, my internet is pretty fast. I have AWFUL lag spikes on my PC.

01-01-2010   #60 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Dezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond reputeDezel has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

woot, i tried this for Lunia and it helps on there as well.

only thing is now i know these FPS drops are due to my computer T_T...