MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Tech Issues

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-18-2013   5 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

Najica is on a distinguished road
Default LaTale disappears after channel select (launcher)

after loading LaTale, I can get to server and channel select and when I press finish LaTale just goes away, no error msg no nothing. just bye bye latale Im running Win7 no antivirus software - the machine is pretty new, just built it a few weeks ago.

cant seem to find anyone with the same problem. halp!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleAuditionPangya

frederic09 has a spectacular aura aboutfrederic09 has a spectacular aura aboutfrederic09 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to frederic09 Send a message via MSN to frederic09 Send a message via Skype™ to frederic09

maybe some resources files are corrupted. did you try reinstalling the game?

Waiting carefully for the new european publisher for LaTale... if there are one, of course.
And all my LaTale characters will be leveled without any xp pots. Nice, isn't it?
---
LaTale IGNs : Teredic, Wizard lv.70 | Celimene, Ruin Walkress lv.196 | Maerlyn, Witch lv.74 | Frederic09, Wizard lv.70
Audition EU IGN : Frederic09, lv.14
Pangya IGN : Celimene, Junior C

05-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

I'd definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably need to put in a helddesk ticket. Hopefully OGP can figure it out.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

05-22-2013   #4 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

I noticed when I try to select a channel, this happens to me as well. But you should automatically be assigned a channel when you first start up the game, as it should bring up your character select screen immediately. Does it not do that for you?

05-23-2013   #5 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
I noticed when I try to select a channel, this happens to me as well. But you should automatically be assigned a channel when you first start up the game, as it should bring up your character select screen immediately. Does it not do that for you?
It won't do that if you haven't selected a channel previously on that account and/or on that computer. I noticed this when logging into accounts on my laptop, it kept asking me to select a channel when I had before on the desktop. Apparently it stores the information on last channel for each account in a file named accountlogin.ATL in the game directory. No .ATL file, no auto-channel select.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),

05-23-2013   #6 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

I see, do you think the help desk could assign you to a channel then? This seems like a big nasty problem for any new players. Did the latest patch fix it?

05-23-2013   #7 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
I see, do you think the help desk could assign you to a channel then? This seems like a big nasty problem for any new players. Did the latest patch fix it?
I think it's a bug that only affects some players, I haven't had it happen to me on multiple machines for example. I'd try help-desking it in any case, they may have some idea what's causing it.

06-03-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

UnrealSword is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue. I disabled AVG. reinstalled multiple times i really don't know what the problem is the game used to run fine. I just choose my channel and then bam it just force closes or something. :/

06-06-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Rheemuah is on a distinguished road

Getting the same problem... I'm so frustrated.

06-08-2013   #10 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Okay, I think I have a potential solution for all of you having this problem. Download the following file, but right click on the link and do save as, because your browser will load it as a text file and it may save it incorrectly once it's loaded:
ATL File for LaTale
Now, save that file to your LaTale directory ( By default, C:\Games\OGP\La Tale ) and change the name to youraccountname.ATL For example, if your account name is bobsyouruncle, you would name the file bobsyouruncle.ATL The file extension is always created as all capital letters, so don't change it to lowercase just in case it's important.

The ATL file is the file the game creates for each account you login to that stores the channel you last used. This is how the game does the automatic channel selection. It appears to be a simple text file, but I'm playing it safe here as we're experimenting. The above file will log you into channel 4. I do know that you can transfer the ATL files from one computer to another, I've done so, but I have not tested if you can rename it and it'll work. So this may or may not work to fix your problem.

If this works, please reply and tell us about it. I'll add this to the main support sticky with more information. Also, if it does work and you feel like experimenting, you could be able to change the channel it'll log you into by editing the file in a text editor and changing the CHID=104 line to whatever channel you want, the last number is the channel, so if you wanted to go to channel 1 you'd make it CHID=101.

06-28-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Wolfspirit is on a distinguished road

Thanks! This help me alot i was searching everwhere for this Thanks a alot !

06-29-2013   #12 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfspirit
Thanks! This help me alot i was searching everwhere for this Thanks a alot !
So the ATL file fixed the problem for you?

10-29-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Malkhut is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi
So the ATL file fixed the problem for you?
Just registered to inform that downloading the .ATL file and renaming it to match my account's name -- in all caps, though I did not check if that made any difference -- did skip the channel select screen, leading me to the character creation screen. From that point on, no problems were met.

Thank you very much, Manabi!