Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-27-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Milliarde is on a distinguished road
Default Server Connection Failed?

Hey, I just recently decided to start playing LaTale again, but I keep getting the error that says "Server Connection Failed." Can those of who you can get on the game tell me if there's a fix for it? I'd very much like to play, but even after re-downloading and re-installing, turning off all firewalls and making it an exception to the firewall just in case, and upgrading my specs, I still get this error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Milliarde; 08-27-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

umm where do you get the message? is it after you choose your character or before you even get to the character selection screen?

i get the message often on my desktop before i get to the character selection screen. if its the same problem as me then try closing down all other programs except latale. if that doesnt work you should also try running with vlow

if you are not using an old as dirt computer (like i am) then uh sry i cant help lol

08-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
umm where do you get the message? is it after you choose your character or before you even get to the character selection screen?

i get the message often on my desktop before i get to the character selection screen. if its the same problem as me then try closing down all other programs except latale. if that doesnt work you should also try running with vlow

if you are not using an old as dirt computer (like i am) then uh sry i cant help lol
It's before the character selection screen. I've tried closing everything else down, but I haven't tried VLOW. What is it?

08-27-2011   #4 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute

/forum/latale-tech-i...or-update.html

its a bit of a hassle but it makes it lowers latales graphic settings so that it can run smoother on computers with a bit crappier graphics cards

08-27-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I ran Process Explorer and went through the steps, but when I opened the properties of LaTaleLauncher, it didn't look like it did in the instructions. It didn't have a picture or anything, and there was nothing in the Command line. What could've gone wrong?

08-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

did you right click the latale launcher through explorer process and not from your desktop? if you did post a screenshot of the property window that came up

08-27-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I don't know how to post a picture

08-27-2011   #8 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

press the print screen button (or prt sc on laptops) on the keyboard then press ctrl+v in some kind of image program (like paint). save that image and then upload it to imageshack or photobucket. then post the image url code they give

08-27-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting That's the imageshack link.

It's really small, sorry

Last edited by Esper; 08-27-2011 at 06:23 PM.

08-27-2011   #10 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

its ok i can mostly see xD

and uh so sry might be my fault xD there was a part 1 (sorta) to the vlow guide lol
/forum/latale-genera...ient-vlow.html

try this first then do what maestro4k's guide says (some of it will be different because this was made before the OGP launcher was added)

EDIT: actually after rereading that thread i dont think that makes a difference anymore :x

EDIT: k im not really sure whats wrong orz where is your latale files saved at?

Last edited by BoredomKillz; 08-27-2011 at 06:44 PM.

08-27-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

They're saved with the client in the same folder. Is there a specific place they should be?

08-27-2011   #12 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

no idea tbh, i can only figure that your command lines and stuff are empty cause it doesnt know where it is

08-27-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

So, I tried the VLOW fix, but now I get an X-Trap error.

Well, actually, when I run the VLOW link as Administrator, I'm back to getting "Server Connection Failed." I guess it's just not meant to be.

Last edited by BoredomKillz; 08-27-2011 at 09:30 PM.

08-27-2011   #14 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

uh sry im not that knowledgeable about xtrap :x
are you using the shortcut to latale client to start the game or are you starting it from the latale launcher?
if youre using the launcher that popped up from the OGP launcher then vlow wont be activate

08-27-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I'm starting from the Client Shortcut. If I run it regularly, I get X-Trap error, if I run as administrator, I get "Server Connection Failed"

08-27-2011   #16 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

oh i see :x then i dont know what is wrong. id ask what your computer specs are but im really no good at understanding whats good and not lol

if vlow doesnt help then your connection problem might be due to something else. you should try and post on the OGP official forums. with the lack of content ppl that go to this secion have been quitting latale so it isnt as active anymore. but i dont go to the official forums so i dont know if theyll be helpful or not :x

08-27-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

I put out a thread on the forums on the official site, but no one has answered in a couple of days.

08-27-2011   #18 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

oh......well then hopefully someone else will reply to this thread >< sry i couldnt be of more help to you

08-27-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Thank you for taking the time to try!

08-28-2011   #20 (permalink)
My heart is spoken for ❤
Games
MapleStoryLa TaleTrickster OnlineDragon Saga

Advenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud of
IGN: see sig
Class: Pyromancer || Angela || Void Princess || Sorcerer to_bard
Guild: EcksxRated || n/a || Apotheosis || n/a

By any chance, are you on Windows 7?

If so, try running Process Explorer "as an administrator". You should get the Command Lines.

As for anti-virus, are you using McAfee? Try disabling the "real-time scanning" for "15 minutes", and try again.

I hope this helps, and if it doesn't, I tried. :x

"Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..." ~Tifa Lockhart, "Final Fantasy VII"
IGN List:
DN: Advenna|| RH: Cellanta || Elsword: Cippria || ST: Advenna