Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-13-2010   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Badoink is on a distinguished road
Class: Weakling lt_warrior
Level: -100
Default How to be uber in LaTale (Discussion)

Hello all, I have come out of the shadows because I need to discuss something with pro LaTale players about something... becoming uber.

I want to be "LOLSUPERGODLY" as someone put it on LaTale. I have my own dream of uberness one day, but that day is far away. I have no means to make ely other than craft stuff and sell it. I am currently raising 3 characters because I am having to do everything myself. (Crafting weapons, armor, and refiner.) I have only a few friends and am in a guild all on my own. So before I set my dreams to high I need some reality shoved in my face.

What I need to discuss with you guys are the following things:

1. Stats and how to boost them
2. Equipment and what to enchant them with.
3. Fashion items, cloaks, etc.
4. Target Defense Decrease
5. Skills/Classes
6. Pets
7. Titles

This is going to be long so I hope you are prepared to read, lol. I also hope this doesn't error as I submit it... I'll be pretty mad~

1. Stats - From what I understand, the main focus of your stats to be uber in LaTale is Stamina/Luck followed by Strength or Magic depending on your class. Stamina is for HP and Defense, and Luck for Critical rate. Boosting your stats to insanely high levels requires the use of the "Master Skills" (the ones where you pay ely at 100k per level to boost them by 50 at max, 5 mil each, 20 mil total + w/e it costs to unlock the skill), equipment, fashion items, and of course pets. I have some questions regarding the use of pets.

1. Is it possible to enchant all 4 stats up to level 20 on a single pet as well as have the +10% damage crystal from the fashion shop?

2. At level 20, what is the stat boosted by? Ex. Stamina Lv. 20 + 30

3. Is brownie the best pet to have for pure uberness?

2. Equipment - Stamina/Luck on your Hat, Body, and Pants is what I understand to be the best set up, adding strength or magic afterwards if there is enough dura left. Shoes has speed as well as stamina/luck; and gloves is critical rate/damage, accuracy if needed, and stamina/luck if dura and space permits. As for your weapon, I believe it's min/max damage mainly, and also the whole stamina/luck and strength if there is dura left. To be uber you need to have no less than +50 of each thing on your armor. If you were to do this you will have... +150 Stamina/Luck from just the Hat/Body/Pants alone. Then add your shoes, gloves, weapon, accesories, and Master Skills and you have quite the stat boost. Having a Valhalla Crystal is a must for stat uberness. The +50% min/max damage will also crank up your damage, and having +crit rate/damage will really have you flooring monsters like crazy. The thing is... super puzzles are crazy expensive added up. Plus the fact that the fail rate in Latale is really high even at 95%+. Alchemists have potions that increase success rate up to +4%. Masters Hand guidebook gives +2%, but is crazy expensive. Mastercraft Mask adds another 2%, but costs over 200 astros to get and it runs out after 30 days. So yeah... lots of ely is needed.

3. Fashion items/Cloaks - I believe the best fashion things to wear is the Luci/Gab set but I don't know. I am not an expert on fashion items. Most people in LaTale hide thier info and the Luci/Gab set coupon has no description for it. As far as cloaks go, weapon cases are the best bet. I believe the max is +5, but getting +5 risks you losing your +4 as the success rate of upgrading is 50% I've heard. Weapon cases are the key to uberness, because if you are a Warlord... +5 2H Sword case will give you an extra 10% damage boost with no accuracy penalty because the 1st mastery adds accuracy. The only class I know of that would not benefit as much is an Earth Sorceror, their 3rd mastery sucks.

4. TDD(Target Defense Decrease) - Now we get into TDD, another staple of being uber. Lowering the defense of your enemy will massively boost your damage. Some class sets and weapons have TDD on them, but I'm not sure which ones off hand. The brownie pet also has TDD I have heard. Now in order to be uber we need to seriously stack that TDD. The Thunder set decreases the defense by 5% I believe, the amount brownie reduces is unkown to me. I am no expert on stacking TDD, so please dicuss on how to do so.

5. Skills/Classes - Now let's discuss some classes. I only have experience with a Warlord, Knight, and Engineer thus far so you guys will need to help me with this part. Mace knights 3rd mastery will reduce the enemies defense by 20% whenever they attack. -30% if they have a +5 club case. Warlords have a Gaze skill that will reduce the enemies defense by 30% at lv 10 I think. Are there any oither classes that boost damage or crit rate/damage? I know bladers do. Here are some questions I need answered:

1. Will the Warlod Gaze skill work on all enemies including bosses?

2. Will the Warlord Gaze and Knight defense reduction stack with TDD? (Like if you have 10% TDD will the raise it to 40%?)

6. Pets - "Aww such a cute little pet... wait why are you weakening my defense? NOOOO!!!" So far I hear the best pet to have is brownie. She has TDD which will really crank up the damage. She has another buff but I forgot what it was. Are there any other pets that will make you uber? My other questions about pets are up in the stats section.

7. Titles - I am no expert on these. So far the best 2 I know of are "God of Shopping" and "Lucky Strike". What is the best title to have to become uber?

Thank you in advance your help everyone. I need to know the realites of being uber as I don't want to set my dreams up too high only to have them crushed to dust. Doing all of the above is very expensive, and a very long process. I would suggest waiting until about lvl 120 before you start really going deep into trying to do this. It's very hard for me to do since i'm all alone in doing this. You guys will have guildies and buddies to help you out along the way so there isn't a need for 3 characters like me. I need to make a 4th to get alchemy crafting going on. Being uber is a long and hard process, but if you manage to do so you will be a Super Hero! (Or Super Villain if you PVP a lot.) Have fun everyone!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
Takamina=waifu material
Games
Iris OnlineLegend of EddaLa Tale

Bacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Bacon
IGN: Bacon
Class: Cleric
Guild: Hello Gangster

Well, I guess I'll give my 2 cents. /inb4ugotbanned
Keep in mind this is from the pve perspective. If you plan on pvping I wouldn't take everything to heart.

1. Stats- I don't even bother with str or magic. Either just enchant one stat past 1xx+ or do a combo of stam/luck. If you have extra dura, just resuper one of them and take the chance. [I personally went full luck, seemed like enchanting for stam is useless for pve unless you can't afford books/astro pots.]

1b. Yep, you are correct. I hate you people who got 10% max damage on their first try.

2. Well, it could range from a margin of 30-4x per stat. Depends how lucky/unlucky you are=( [Someone confirm this for me, this is just from personal experience.]

3. Basically. Grab a brownie while you can. That extra TDD is so sexy.

2. Equipment- Covered I guess in #1.

3. Fashion- Yeah, luci/gab gives 3% crit rate, 20% to crit dmg, forgot what else QQ.

4. TDD- Well, I haven't been playing so I don't know the items you can stack now. So far, I know that you can stack brownie/colo glasses/hell stocks/hell earrings/colo stam set. [Is there a warlord wep that has tdd?] Also, I noticed that stacking high luck accompanies with TDD. I'm no stat expert but I can tell the difference when I see it. More crits yum o/

5. Skill/Classes- I only have experience in bard, of course. Bards can buff 3% of any stat at random so you can call that a damage boost. In 3rd job bard gets a buff that increases crit and physical/magic damage.

6. Pets- If you are stacking TDD to oblivion, stick with brownie. I tried out my damage with pink panda and it was weaker. That could be your second choice though if you like crit damage.

7. I personally only used God of shopping since it gives crit rate and crit damage. [Don't remember, I think it's 4% crit and 15% crit damage with some accuracy?]

I'm in class atm so I can't really evaluate more time into this. I'll add some more info whenever I'm free. If someone sees some bs I'm spilling, feel free to correct me. Anyone can become "uber" if they put their mind to it. If I can do it, you can too!

Last edited by Bacon; 07-13-2010 at 12:41 PM.

07-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badoink
1. Is it possible to enchant all 4 stats up to level 20 on a single pet as well as have the +10% damage crystal from the fashion shop?

yes you can

2. At level 20, what is the stat boosted by? Ex. Stamina Lv. 20 + 30

Pets - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki

3. Is brownie the best pet to have for pure uberness?

it is for high levels, it is pretty bad at lower levels but getting it early means you dont have to worry about it later. it becomes really good at around lvl 130

2. Equipment - Stamina/Luck on your Hat, Body, and Pants is what I understand to be the best set up, adding strength or magic afterwards if there is enough dura left. Shoes has speed as well as stamina/luck; and gloves is critical rate/damage, accuracy if needed, and stamina/luck if dura and space permits. As for your weapon, I believe it's min/max damage mainly, and also the whole stamina/luck and strength if there is dura left. To be uber you need to have no less than +50 of each thing on your armor. If you were to do this you will have... +150 Stamina/Luck from just the Hat/Body/Pants alone. Then add your shoes, gloves, weapon, accesories, and Master Skills and you have quite the stat boost. Having a Valhalla Crystal is a must for stat uberness. The +50% min/max damage will also crank up your damage, and having +crit rate/damage will really have you flooring monsters like crazy. The thing is... super puzzles are crazy expensive added up. Plus the fact that the fail rate in Latale is really high even at 95%+. Alchemists have potions that increase success rate up to +4%. Masters Hand guidebook gives +2%, but is crazy expensive. Mastercraft Mask adds another 2%, but costs over 200 astros to get and it runs out after 30 days. So yeah... lots of ely is needed.

for the top/hat/bottom yes add on sta/luck if you have room do not add on str or magic, instead cube the sta or luck (which ever you prefer) and resuper it. most of the time you will either break even or get a higher value it depends on how lucky you are

for shoes speed is a must and then secondary its sta, luck, or eva. ppl complain and whine about eva in pvp but its nice to have there since apparently its uber hard to stack enough acc to counter it

for the weapon getting 3 stats on it is pretty annoying but i think min/max and acc is most preferred? (for pvp purposes)

alchemists can not make the 4% potion. advanced enchant remedies are the 2nd place ladeck item and go for about 3m-3.5m. craftsman mask is 149 astroz and has been for a while, dunno if itll go back to the regular price though

3. Fashion items/Cloaks - I believe the best fashion things to wear is the Luci/Gab set but I don't know. I am not an expert on fashion items. Most people in LaTale hide thier info and the Luci/Gab set coupon has no description for it. As far as cloaks go, weapon cases are the best bet. I believe the max is +5, but getting +5 risks you losing your +4 as the success rate of upgrading is 50% I've heard. Weapon cases are the key to uberness, because if you are a Warlord... +5 2H Sword case will give you an extra 10% damage boost with no accuracy penalty because the 1st mastery adds accuracy. The only class I know of that would not benefit as much is an Earth Sorceror, their 3rd mastery sucks.

gab/luci is prolly the best for the set bonus' it gives, so youll prolly wanna go for that. as for the case +5 is good and you do not risk losing it. failing +4 -> =5 only makes you lose the kit and hammer

4. TDD(Target Defense Decrease) - Now we get into TDD, another staple of being uber. Lowering the defense of your enemy will massively boost your damage. Some class sets and weapons have TDD on them, but I'm not sure which ones off hand. The brownie pet also has TDD I have heard. Now in order to be uber we need to seriously stack that TDD. The Thunder set decreases the defense by 5% I believe, the amount brownie reduces is unkown to me. I am no expert on stacking TDD, so please dicuss on how to do so.

capt bong glasses gives 5%
brownie gives 5%+ (unknown total amount at lvl 20)
thunder set gives 5%
coliseum sta top bottom and full set bonus gives quite a bit as well but does not work in pvp
coliseum glasses gives 5% and advanced gives 8% but doesn not work in pvp
hell earrings and stockings earrings give 5% + 1% every other upgrade
hell set bonus gives 5%

thats all off the top of my head

5. Skills/Classes - Now let's discuss some classes. I only have experience with a Warlord, Knight, and Engineer thus far so you guys will need to help me with this part. Mace knights 3rd mastery will reduce the enemies defense by 20% whenever they attack. -30% if they have a +5 club case. Warlords have a Gaze skill that will reduce the enemies defense by 30% at lv 10 I think. Are there any oither classes that boost damage or crit rate/damage? I know bladers do. Here are some questions I need answered:

1. Will the Warlod Gaze skill work on all enemies including bosses?

yes it does but afaik you have to recast it on every enemey it is not a passive so its not that good unless you use it on bosses

2. Will the Warlord Gaze and Knight defense reduction stack with TDD? (Like if you have 10% TDD will the raise it to 40%?)

they do not stack since the TDD only works on the person using it. so if a guardian and a WL uses it on the same monster each person would only get however much the skill adds

6. Pets - "Aww such a cute little pet... wait why are you weakening my defense? NOOOO!!!" So far I hear the best pet to have is brownie. She has TDD which will really crank up the damage. She has another buff but I forgot what it was. Are there any other pets that will make you uber? My other questions about pets are up in the stats section.

fat panda, tengu, and white tiger are the other ones that are good but pretty much brownie is better than all at higher levels

7. Titles - I am no expert on these. So far the best 2 I know of are "God of Shopping" and "Lucky Strike". What is the best title to have to become uber?

ya god and strike are pretty much the best titles, but its hard to get them :x after that would be king and learner then the quest titles that you prefer such as night owl for speed
answers in quote /o/

07-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleGunbound

MisterGlass is a jewel in the roughMisterGlass is a jewel in the roughMisterGlass is a jewel in the rough

Fury set gives 10% TDD and the valk weapons give TDD after a few upgrades. /longest post here.

07-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Badoink is on a distinguished road
Class: Weakling lt_warrior
Level: -100

Thanks for the reply guys! I never considered evasion... lol I can see it now I dish out like 9999 damage per hit and they miss like 11 times out of 10. Thanks for the pet link too as that was helpful. I hope when I get my brownie in a few decades I'll be able to get closer to 49 and not 20. I would be happy with 30+.

So you guys are suggesting just push stamina/luck ever further? Yeah that does sound like a good idea. More luck = more crits and less chance of getting hit by one, and more stamina = more health, defense, and reduces your characters pansyness.

Whew.. what a relief about the cases... losing my +4 would not make me very happy... or anyone lol. Now all I need is the case itself, lol.

About the equipment sets... which would you recommend for my Warlord? Thunder or Hell?

07-13-2010   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute

hell set is two pieces only which are stockings and earrings so you can use both hell set and thunder if you want

also about thunder set for WL/bladers they have the option of using hte lvl 80 set over the 130. the lvl 80 set gives 10% TDD and lvl 130 gives 5% TDD along with that the lvl 80 set can get much higher dura from lvl 40 crafters than the lvl 140 set so super cubing becomes better. its really up to you though /o/

07-13-2010   #7 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to VirusChris
IGN: ChrisYuushi
Class: Strider lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: VirakinWarriors (Guild Master)

There's a LV80 Thunder Set? How did I not know this?

07-13-2010   #8 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

lvl 80 set is called fury lvl 130 set is called thunder set
both of them are class armors