Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute
Default DotNuri and you

At what level did you guys complete DotNuri and get your free skill point?

I'm level 67 and could use this point right now... is it better to wait until I advance to Blader and get Double Jump?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuno
At what level did you guys complete DotNuri and get your free skill point?

I'm level 67 and could use this point right now... is it better to wait until I advance to Blader and get Double Jump?
It's certainly a heck of a lot easier with the double jump. But it can be done with nothing but having broad jump. There is a guide to it, check here: /forum/latale-quest-...age-heavy.html

I'd say, give it a try and if it's way too hard for you, just wait till you get double-jump. But be prepared for people to tell you you're cheating by using it. I just ignored them, besides I only used 2 double-jumps for each level 1 run.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

09-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I figured as much about the cheating thing. I guess I'll give it a few more (dedicated) tries again and if I don't make it, I'll wait till Blader. Thanks a bunch. (:

09-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Nue
(・ω・`)

Nue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura about
Class: NEET lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Puella Magi

I heard that this free skill point doesn't stay when you job change, and get that skill reset.

No, I cannot confirm this, but to be safe, don't do anything/complete the quest til you hit 80.

09-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Pauliewoggy will become famous soon enough
IGN: LittleKitty5/LittleKittay
Class: Blader/Explorer lt_blader
Level: 10x/6x
Guild: Causality

Wait until you're a blader. Not only for what Drone said.

DotNuri is SO much easier w/ blader jump. Who cares if people think it's "cheating." Get your extra skill point the easy way!

Edit: Here's a vid of Shugi doing it w/ a blader. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ddIw-B3YI

Last edited by Pauliewoggy; 09-17-2009 at 01:51 AM.

09-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ermortai
Class: Bloop lt_templar
Level: 167
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone
I heard that this free skill point doesn't stay when you job change, and get that skill reset.

No, I cannot confirm this, but to be safe, don't do anything/complete the quest til you hit 80.
I've gotten the skill point on a character before job change, and I can confirm that you *do* get to keep it, as well as the bonus point from saving at Elias. If you got both bonus skill points, you'll have 81 points available when you change jobs at Lv80.

As for whether to do it or not, just give it a try. The DotNuri guide (posted earlier) shows that it can be finished with as little as Broad Jump and no speed equips, so you should be able to get the skill point right now if you need it badly enough. However, if you find it to be too hard, or you don't have enough time right now to get the point, saving it for later will make it easier with the help of the blader double jump.

09-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Deadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Deadeye87
Class: Treasure Hunter lt_treasurehunter

DO keep in mind that explorers lose their fist skills when they advance to Gunslinger or TH. That means no more easy kick double jumps for completing them.

I did it the hard way, but that doesn't mean you have to follow my lead.

09-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
A Distant Visionary.
Games
La Tale

Fayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really nice
IGN: Aurelius
Class: Bladerr. lt_blader
Level: 170.
Guild: ShiningRay

For both my Blader and Guardian, I believe I obtained the skill point at 10x. Even if you reset your skills after obtaining the skill point, the bonus from Dotnuri will remain.

09-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games

Wow, didn't expect to wake up and see so many replies. Thanks all!

Yeah I totally forgot about the issue of being able to keep the point after job change, so I'm glad that's cleared up and I can keep it.

I'll be using that guide for DotNuri once I return from uni, it looks like it'll be quite effective. 8D Broad jump FTW.

09-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauliewoggy
Edit: Here's a vid of Shugi doing it w/ a blader. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ddIw-B3YI
*Hears the theme for the beginning of the other video*

Then there was Kazno Rule 34/Awsome Kazno fanart, and everyone was happy!

Hint
Hint
Wink
Wink

09-17-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Never for me as a Bard. Too much lag.

09-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Jady will become famous soon enough

I only managed to complete it once

09-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

With the east coast lag, yeeeeah.

09-17-2009   #14 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

With broad jump, it's like, 10 times easier! D:

I'm from NJ and I get little to no lag either. I think it's just the fact the game is server sided, so people think "OMFG THAT'S LAG!!!" when it's actually just a little hiccup between the server and your computer. I hardly see the problem... And I doubt my computer is that awesome... Maybe people are just really nit-picky. >_>

09-17-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogi
Awards Facebook Fan

Clario is just really niceClario is just really niceClario is just really niceClario is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Clario Send a message via MSN to Clario Send a message via Yahoo to Clario Send a message via Skype™ to Clario
Xfire: xClario

I beat DotNuri -1- at Level 26 and DotNuri -2- at Level 42.

I used Broad Jump so much at DotNuri 1, and then reskilled for Crescent Kick, Wind Kick and Chulsango for 2. :3

~ Epitomize - Level 41 Lord Knight ~ Kiyomu - Level 39 Elemental Master ~ Tsurai - Level 40 Wind Sneaker ~
~ Sublimity - Level 37 Blade Master ~ Erisviell - Level ?? Code Exotic ~

09-17-2009   #16 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Wait. How do you get the DotNuri buff? Complete the first stage millions of times or something?

09-17-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogi
Awards Facebook Fan

Clario is just really niceClario is just really niceClario is just really niceClario is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Clario Send a message via MSN to Clario Send a message via Yahoo to Clario Send a message via Skype™ to Clario
Xfire: xClario

Beat it twenty times.

Stage 1 is a skill point, Stage 2 is Ely +20%. For the field or just for Stage 2, I'm still figuring it out.

~ Epitomize - Level 41 Lord Knight ~ Kiyomu - Level 39 Elemental Master ~ Tsurai - Level 40 Wind Sneaker ~
~ Sublimity - Level 37 Blade Master ~ Erisviell - Level ?? Code Exotic ~

09-17-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Deadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Deadeye87
Class: Treasure Hunter lt_treasurehunter

No, those are the passives.

The HP+50 Dotnuri buff is obtained by beating any dotnuri stage once. It only lasts 30 minutes, and if you're not familiar with the dotnuri map it could take more than 30 minutes to complete it. Not worth the time, but I could be wrong.

09-17-2009   #19 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhenyl
With broad jump, it's like, 10 times easier! D:

I'm from NJ and I get little to no lag either. I think it's just the fact the game is server sided, so people think "OMFG THAT'S LAG!!!" when it's actually just a little hiccup between the server and your computer. I hardly see the problem... And I doubt my computer is that awesome... Maybe people are just really nit-picky. >_>
There's some real lag, for people in other countries especially, LaTale's very sensitive to latency in the connection, but it's better nowadays because they've fixed things where you can still run+grab ladders even with lag. Then there's the integrated-graphics-chipset lag. That's pretty nasty, but it's more of a problem with the chipset and/or drivers than LaTale itself. I blame Intel for that one (although other low-end integrated graphics may have similar problems).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye87
No, those are the passives.

The HP+50 Dotnuri buff is obtained by beating any dotnuri stage once. It only lasts 30 minutes, and if you're not familiar with the dotnuri map it could take more than 30 minutes to complete it. Not worth the time, but I could be wrong.
You get the buff every time you complete DotNuri 1 at least (not sure on 2), so you can get it over and over again. It's not worth the time just to get the buff though.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

09-18-2009   #20 (permalink)
Sora no Kiseki SC pls.
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaS4 LeagueRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Hiratori is a splendid one to beholdHiratori is a splendid one to beholdHiratori is a splendid one to beholdHiratori is a splendid one to beholdHiratori is a splendid one to beholdHiratori is a splendid one to beholdHiratori is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Hiratori / Damuron
Class: Maestro / BM lt_bard
Level: 19x / 50
Guild: Hearts / Oblivion

And if you beat DotNuri Stage 1 fast enough, you can get another buff. If I remember correctly... it's like Ely+30% for 30mins? And when you change channel or log-out, the buff will be gone.