Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Hiro is on a distinguished road
Default Startan out

Hullo there, I recently started playing LaTale and I'm quite pleased, however before I truly get started I have a few questions that I'd like some guidance on if possible. Im currently a level 16 spear warrior and I'm following this guide.
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/lata...ild-spear.html

My original plan was to go Blader, since I usually play melee classes, (I got to 121 as a hero in Maplestory before I quit). But I've heard that bladers are rather boring and don't have any flashy skills, which is one of the things that drew me to this game. And the notion of using spears for the whole life of my character doesn't really sound good to me.

I have looked at some videos and stuff and I have to say that gunslingers look amazingly fun, as do meisters. I just don't know which path to take and how easy each class is to start completely unfunded. I'm leaning towards gunslinger but I really don't know.
Also how easy is it to make money in this game?
Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to get a feel for this xd

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

The money you need is easily made from completing quests and managing your pots carefully. You won't have any problems starting a new character. Gunslingers are a fast class while meister are slow. It's up to you which one you prefer.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

08-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugi
The money you need is easily made from completing quests and managing your pots carefully. You won't have any problems starting a new character. Gunslingers are a fast class while meister are slow. It's up to you which one you prefer.
Slow? Pfft. That sure as heck doesn't stop them in PvP... Or at bosses... Well actually... They're not too good at bosses until later... Like... A lot later... But yay mechs!

I played at least every class once, but I did not build them up, so I can't help you that much unless it's on an explorer/warrior (no second class) or wizard (second class sorcerer)... Er... (yay for friends). So I got a small background on how each one really is, even though I sucked at juggling skills on a Guardian...And a Templ... Gunsli... Okay, yeah, I suck at juggling. Anyway, bladers are more fun than you think. They're great soloers and they're fast/high damage dealers. If there was a class that could be a Maplestory Hero in Latale, it would probably be the Blader. Flashy skill users also suffer because if the animation does not get completed, you do not attack. (Wizards know this problem all too well)

As for gunslingers, they have the weakest damage out of all the classes. However, their skills have the shortest cool down time and they are also the fastest. So even though they are weak, their DPM makes up for it. All you need to do is get a friend to be your meat shield at bosses or something and you'll be awesome. They're also deadly in PvP thanks to their speed and aerial moves/AoE moves.

In the end, all classes do about the same DPM. Rather, they all do around the same DPM. So it all depends if you like speed, power, survivability or a slightly milder combo of the two/three. In my opinion (and probably most others), the blader is good in all three of those. But like you said, they don't have that many moves and they aren't that flashy compared to other classes. A gunslinger is probably a fine choice if you like quick skills and even quicker movement... They're also easier to level up than a warrior (explorer > warrior in leveling, srsly)

And I rambled too much nonsense. Yay. TL;DR Bladers are good and so are gunslingers.

08-30-2009   #4 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Hiro is on a distinguished road

Well thanks a lot for the input thus far, that at least narrows it down to either blader or gunslinger. So at least now I know that money shouldn't be a problem. Since I'm so indecisive this will be a hard choice. Any more input would also be greatly appreciated.