Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-08-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

EgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of light
Default How is LaTale?

I remember in I think 2008 (or 07, not sure) when it was in Beta I tried it out, but the controls felt kind of slow and stiff. I didn't really give the game a proper chance back then, and I'm sure it's went through tons of changes since.

Since Trickster shut down, been looking for something else to (kind of) replace it for me. I like the art in LaTale and the fact that it's 2D. I also like platformers a lot, and it wouldn't be my first platforming MMO (I play (still) and like MapleStory (although I play MS much more casually than I did TO)).

I guess I'd also like to know how the grind is, but I played old Trickster tons and that was pretty grindy, same with MapleStory and I liked them regardless.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-08-2013   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

game controls have not changed at all since its released. however in the next update or two something called season 2 will be coming out (most likely) which will completely revamp many aspects of the game, skills being one of them

the game itself isnt too grindy and there are tons of exp boosters that you can buy from other players or the cash shop. a veteran player with the proper nohow can get to 193 (cap 200) in a week if they really wanted to. that being said, the grind after 195 is extremely high. just as an example
the highest level in the server is 199 and has 4,908,828,045,222 exp
the next highest is lvl 199 and has 3,638,338,794,025 exp
the highest level 196 has 418,645,387,902 exp

so ya the curve gets steep lol but really 195 is sufficient for everything in the game (and can wear lvl 200 gear at lvl 195)

also thing to note is that the latale server moved to the east coast recently. if you do not live on the east coast or near it you may or may not have really horrible lag. i live in the west coast and my ping is around 30-40 but some of my friends who also live on the west coast have 100+ now :x