ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-questions-answers/)
-   -   Coming back after 4 years (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-questions-answers/116471-coming-back-after-4-years.html)

aga207 08-28-2012 09:13 AM

Coming back after 4 years

Hello! The last time I played La Tale was at the beginning of 2009 when engineers came out. I stopped playing 'cause I was too busy but now I may have some free time and a faster internet speed.

My question is whether to continue playing one of my old characters or create a new one:
lv 72 bow explorer
lv 32 engineer
lv 12 knight

I remember my explorer was fun to play but I died very easily (may be some of the reasons I stopped playing too). Now that there are new features and 3rd job, maybe there is a class that suits me. I'd like a class with normal/high defense that doesn't die easily, is good at PvE/PvM (don't care about PvP) and has AoE skills. It can be melee or ranged as long as I don't die that easily. ;c

Thanks! :py44:
ps: english isn't my first language.

BoredomKillz 08-28-2012 09:36 AM

tbh all of the classes are good in pve so in the end its really down to what type of style you like best. as for survivability, explorers and mages are obviously going to have the lowest. ruin walkers have really high DPS though so it kind of balances out their squishyness

personally out of the characters you have im biased towards explorer x] i like ruin walker and rogue master (ruin walker subclass). theyre both really fun and have high DPS. its also your highest level character, almost second job. so it wouldnt really be a bad idea to continue on with that

if you want i can go over all the other classes of pros and cons, but while ive played all of the classes i havent played all of them extensively (just saint, dragoon, ruin walker, and elemental master). so some of them might not be totally accurate :x

aga207 08-28-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1762744)
tbh all of the classes are good in pve so in the end its really down to what type of style you like best. as for survivability, explorers and mages are obviously going to have the lowest. ruin walkers have really high DPS though so it kind of balances out their squishyness

personally out of the characters you have im biased towards explorer x] i like ruin walker and rogue master (ruin walker subclass). theyre both really fun and have high DPS. its also your highest level character, almost second job. so it wouldnt really be a bad idea to continue on with that

if you want i can go over all the other classes of pros and cons, but while ive played all of the classes i havent played all of them extensively (just saint, dragoon, ruin walker, and elemental master). so some of them might not be totally accurate :x

Thanks! Yeah, I like my explorer and it'd be awesome if I continue on with it but should I keep with bows, xbows or daggers? I think I'd need a skill point reset scroll or something if I change weapons right? Need to improve my defense too. :/

BoredomKillz 08-28-2012 05:46 PM

when you job change from explorer to treasure hunter and from treasure hunter to ruin walker you will get a free skill reset. (please note that from explorer -> TH the reset is forced. from TH -> RW you will get a skill reset book that has an expiration date) so you dont really need a skill reset (even though you can buy it in game xD)

anyways, tbh all 3 weapon trees are good. i have a preference towards bow and dagger though (bow pre season 2 and dagger after season 2). if you want to mainly improve your defense then the obvious way to go is dagger since they get a shield. bow has the AoE skills (arrow rain tree) and xbow has the most powerful base damage skills. with the proper gear theyre all pretty much on par, so its really up to if you want speed, power, or defense (dagger is also pretty fast)

if you need a skill simulator there is this
とんがり線

its in japanese but its fairly easy to navigate once you get the hang of it

aga207 08-28-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1762898)
when you job change from explorer to treasure hunter and from treasure hunter to ruin walker you will get a free skill reset. (please note that from explorer -> TH the reset is forced. from TH -> RW you will get a skill reset book that has an expiration date) so you dont really need a skill reset (even though you can buy it in game xD)

anyways, tbh all 3 weapon trees are good. i have a preference towards bow and dagger though (bow pre season 2 and dagger after season 2). if you want to mainly improve your defense then the obvious way to go is dagger since they get a shield. bow has the AoE skills (arrow rain tree) and xbow has the most powerful base damage skills. with the proper gear theyre all pretty much on par, so its really up to if you want speed, power, or defense (dagger is also pretty fast)

if you need a skill simulator there is this
とんがり線

its in japanese but its fairly easy to navigate once you get the hang of it

Uhm, I think I'll go with dagger. Thanks for the help! :py05:

SpadeHeartClubDiamond 08-31-2012 02:01 PM

Bow is fun .