12-15-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Archae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Archae
IGN: Psywizard / Caramelcorn
Class: Wizard / Shaman to_dragon
Level: 40 / 6x
Default How dead is La Tale

I've been looking through the forums and most of the comments seem to imply that La Tale is dying (and pretty quickly too). Is it really that dead?

[by the way, when does the game get fun and when does it stop getting fun]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-15-2011   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

welp on this forum latale is pretty much as dead as it can get /shot

but in the actual game i think there are still quite a few ppl there lol although you should prolly get the word of someone who logs on more than once a week xD you might not get much variety in players unless you hang around newbs but i think its populated enough lol (although i do think it is declining, but im sure someone disagrees with me)

when does it get fun, when does it stop? idk i guess it differs from person to person lol once you get to 140 its pretty much the same grind place for the rest of forever (not even kidding) but then at the same time you get more skills and equips and can do more things yada yada. so i guess once youve got the equips youre happy with, dont want to grind anymore, and just not have any one to hang out with it gets extremely boring lol

12-15-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Thanks for the reply xD
...Hmm, are you the person who is extremely bored then?

12-15-2011   #4 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Guild: FrenchBread

yes lol which is why i only log on once a week for like 30 minutes to an hour xD
while there are things for me to do still, it mainly consists of getting better gear, farming monster index stuff, grinding, or getting a subclass (which is worse than grinding = 3=). so even when i did log on regularly i was just sitting around doing nothing or afking lol

12-15-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

haha good luck on that then

12-15-2011   #6 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Guild: Luminary

The population is somewhat decent, but you must play at peak times if you hope for randomly arranged parties. (evenings and weekends) Early birds might have a tough time.

12-16-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

UltimaPi is on a distinguished road
IGN: CeciliaAdlehyde
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Guild: StarOcean

I'd say LT is going through it's midlife crisis.

3rd and subclass were released a bit too close together. I would also argue that the lack of GvG and serious PvP contribute to lousy population numbers, creating a "stigma" that LT is a "casual, social guild" type of MMO. There's nothing to really bring people online (GvG, PvP) other than lolcoli/grinding and chatting with friends (instant messaging, skype, etc.).

Casual MMOs this late in the game (with WoW, RO, MS, etc.) have to do a lot to keep up, and I think Actoz is fighting a losing battle (same might go OGP, been hearing bad things lately =/)

/opinion

12-16-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Haha I guess La Tale just doesn't advertise enough unlike maplestory and other games like that.
But I guess if it isn't in the brink of shutting down then people would still play the game.

12-17-2011   #9 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Haha I guess La Tale just doesn't advertise enough unlike maplestory and other games like that.
But I guess if it isn't in the brink of shutting down then people would still play the game.
OGP has never advertised La Tale much. Why? Hell if I know, but then again a lot of what OGP has done over the years is rather brain-dead so it's probably just par for the course. ( ̄~ ̄;)

If you don't mind grinding LT can remain fun. But past a certain point no matter what it's going to be grinding of some kind or another. Whether to gain levels, to earn money, to get Colo gear, getting subclass, etc., you end up with grinding being all that's really left. The quests and story might have helped make up for that some except they're translated so hideously past a certain point that they are, quite literally, not understandable. (I sometimes think they'd make more sense in Korean, even though I don't understand any Korean whatsoever.) Which is sad, there appears to be a decent story hiding under the horrible translations.
\(--)/

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

12-17-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
OGP has never advertised La Tale much. Why? Hell if I know, but then again a lot of what OGP has done over the years is rather brain-dead so it's probably just par for the course. ( ̄~ ̄;)

If you don't mind grinding LT can remain fun. But past a certain point no matter what it's going to be grinding of some kind or another. Whether to gain levels, to earn money, to get Colo gear, getting subclass, etc., you end up with grinding being all that's really left. The quests and story might have helped make up for that some except they're translated so hideously past a certain point that they are, quite literally, not understandable. (I sometimes think they'd make more sense in Korean, even though I don't understand any Korean whatsoever.) Which is sad, there appears to be a decent story hiding under the horrible translations.
\(--)/
Do you still play La Tale or did you find a new game to replace it?

01-01-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Mini FighterGrand ChaseMapleStoryLa Tale

Jiantey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Jiantey
IGN: Lyte
Class: PVP Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: Some Level D:
Guild: Arctic

well, whenever im looking for a party, there are always about 10+ people around my level range all the time to look from.... so i guess its like only about 800 people :L