Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-24-2010   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Sleezy is on a distinguished road
IGN: Sleeze
Class: Guardian-to-be lt_guardian
Default Here I am

First off let me say I had no idea where to put an introduction thread, so I apologize if this is the wrong section.

Onto more important business, Hi!
I'm new around here, but not so new to LaTale. Well, by standards today I seem like I am. I played during closed beta, and then after it came out school got in my way so I had to stop. Then I came back and LaTale literally hated my laptop, after running it I would get a BSOD and OGP offered no help. Then I went onto my older computer and started playing, everything was fine. I got to level 29 on an archer planning to be a gunslinger. Then I stopped for no reason and what not. I went to maple story, which I am semi decent in for playing on the korean version. Currently I have a 100 Striker, 71 Aran, and 61 Bandit. Anyway, Maple Story is getting very repetitive to me and I want a new MMO to play that is fun and not completely devoted to 6 hours of grinding at a low level.

So now, I'm here asking for a bunch of help and advice. My plan is to come back clean and everything, same account but different character. Probably going to make a gaurdian-to-be character because I like upclose melee and mobbing. Though, it may be a little hard as I've done my research.

Now I have a few questions;
1) Will the transition from Maple to LaTale be hard for me to make, concerning leveling and actually getting to an enjoyable high level.
2) Does grinding to 80 take the same amount of time it would take to get to 120 in Maple Story, disregarding any 2x stuff and leeching in Maple.
3) Are there are great guides you could dispose to me.
4) Has anyone also had a problem with Vista and BSOD errors?
5) In general, how hard is it to make it good in this game without needing to buy a lot of astros. I can buy astros, but not copious amounts.
6) I saw a thread a wile ago about this prime exp pots and costing about 2m each in the market. Is that a lot or is that cheap in LaTale?

Mk, that should be all. I really appreciate anything and everything you guys offer to me. ^^
Oh, and by all means ask any questions you have about me~

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-24-2010   #2 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

Quote:
1) Will the transition from Maple to LaTale be hard for me to make, concerning leveling and actually getting to an enjoyable high level.
No, grinding on LaTale is easier than on Maple. I came from Maple to LaTale, and I was surprised how fast I leveled up. @_@

2) Does grinding to 80 take the same amount of time it would take to get to
120 in Maple Story, disregarding any 2x stuff and leeching in Maple.
Less, way less. Grinding to 80 is not too difficult.

3) Are there are great guides you could dispose to me.
I can't really think of any.

4) Has anyone also had a problem with Vista and BSOD errors?
I run LaTale on Vista just fine but I don't play it in full-screen mode so I'm not sure.

5) In general, how hard is it to make it good in this game without needing to buy a lot of astros. I can buy astros, but not copious amounts.
I would recommend buying a pet/warp crystal since they are amazing items. I would suggest buying a pet now since they are half off from a sale!

6) I saw a thread a wile ago about this prime exp pots and costing about 2m each in the market. Is that a lot or is that cheap in LaTale?
Not sure where you read that but, Prime Exp Pots are 6mil now and 2mil isn't alot. (Well in my book, it isn't.)
Answers in bold.

01-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Ahh, thanks! That's really reassuring.
I think my issue is XTrap, I tried Aeria's version of LaTale and I have no problem with gamegard.
Unless, OGP changed to Gamegaurd. :O

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.

01-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

We still have xTrap.

Oh, a great guide, is /forum/latale-quest-...est-guide.html for all your questing pleasure.

01-24-2010   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Ack I guess I'm stuck to using the old computer, oh well.
Thanks for the guide! Pertaining to grinding, should I just follow the line throw towns and places and the map to base where I should grind?

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.

01-24-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleMapleStoryMabinogiLunia

Strawberry has a spectacular aura aboutStrawberry has a spectacular aura about
Class: Bard

As a former maple player, trust me. Grinding will be much more easier for you. (Level 15x Bishop) xD.
Since your starting over, I suggest you to quest! If you find someone to quest with you, thats even better. Anyways, the bonuses are pretty good for your level, until your around level 40, you might get really bored of quests, but there's lots of guides for you to train, just go to the guide section, I would suggest, you try out the guides, and see which training spots are good for you, even click on the world map to see training areas, if you decide to grind... but honestly, stick to questing, and save the grinding until you level to 60. Depending on how you waste your ely, you can get a lot out of questing. So to really wrap things up... I agree with Brigade about buying pets now! Since they are half price, having a pet would be very relaxing haha, although watch out, since they do have a time limit, and pet herbs are kind of costly. :<

01-24-2010   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Ah goodgood!
I am sad though, xTrap is the root cause of my issue. I can only play Aeria's version of LT, it must be the fact they use Gamegaurd and not xTrap. I don't get why my computer and xtrap dont get along but it makes me mad. I dont mind playing OGPLT on the spare room's computer, but I prefer playing on my laptop.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.

01-24-2010   #8 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games

I would send a ticket to Help Desk on OGP or ask our tech help section in the LaTale section, they could possibly find out your problem.

01-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games

/forum/latale-tech-i...ap-issues.html
Maybe this could help?

01-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I've looked at that thread, and my problem isn't on there. Unless I'm stupid and they updated and I haven't checked.
When I sent a ticket to OGP all they tell me "OH YOUR GRAFIX CARD MUST B BROKEN 2 BAD So SAD WE KENT HALP HAHA"
Yea, I know for sure it isn't my graphics card.

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.

01-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
zOMG!Lost SagaLa TaleDynasty Warriors Online
Awards Facebook Fan

XIIAlexIIX is on a distinguished road
IGN: ThatLazyDevil
Class: Roselle lt_blader
Level: 24
Guild: Looking for one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleezy
Ah goodgood!
I am sad though, xTrap is the root cause of my issue. I can only play Aeria's version of LT, it must be the fact they use Gamegaurd and not xTrap. I don't get why my computer and xtrap dont get along but it makes me mad. I dont mind playing OGPLT on the spare room's computer, but I prefer playing on my laptop.

Has anyone experienced this problem?
I had this same problem to when I was downloading aeria LT Gameguard wont work on my computer but it works fine on my laptop

01-25-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games

Hm, you could also try to delete your x-trap folder, once you run LaTale, it'll automatically update on it's own...

01-25-2010   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Ah I tried that.

I blame it all on OGP, I doubt I'll be able to play OGPLT on my laptop until they change to Gamegaurd or something not xTrap.

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.

01-25-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games

Aww. :[ I'm sorry about that, but Aeria LT isn't so bad, it's just that your going to have to be in a smaller community for now.

01-25-2010   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Eh, I can withstand playing LT on my spare computer. XD

Right as of now, I noticed that you have to be a KNIGHT to be a gaurdian, so I had to start over. :P
My new char's name is Gashapon, but I keep wondering if I should just continue my xbow explorer to gunslinger. He's lvel 30 as of now.

Counting 3, 2, 1
& having fun.