Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Zael is on a distinguished road
Class: Everything lt_mage
Guild: TeamLati
Default Latiam's Holiday PvP Event!

So yeah guys, for the holidays I've decided to throw my own little community event by hosting a 4v4 tournament with hot prizes. This is pretty much the first time trying an event, and my Christmas gift to our awesome community, and I'm looking forward to an awesome turnout. Anyways, here's the details.

Details
The tournament will have 8 teams. 8 teams have to enter before the first round starts. The format is a 4 vs. 4 match but there's a slight twist.

Each team must have one level 1 explorer (which we'll call, the "target") with nothing equipped except un-enchanted level 1 armor from the Belos armor shop. The winner of the round is determined by which team's "target" dies the least. The rest of the scores do not matter, only the death count of each team's "target".

If the match ends in a tie, a rematch takes place until a winner is determined. Take screenshots of the end-match results to avoid possible disputes over which team won.

As soon as this bracket is filled, I will give a time period for the 1st match. It will be up to both competing teams to arrange a matchup time within the allotted time period. For example, the 1st round might be from December 13-16, and both teams are responsible for arranging a meetup time for the match within those days.

Rules
- Each team must include one "target" player, which must be a level 1 explorer.
- The "target" may only equip un-enchanted armor from Belos armor shop. No weapon, no pet, no fashion. The "target" must leave their information viewable prior to the match.
- The rest of the team can be any class, any level.
- Holy waters and syrups are permitted.
- The winner of the match is determined by which team's "target" dies the least.
- If someone disconnects mid-match, a rematch may take place at the opposing team's discretion.

Prizes
And here's the awesome part

The team that wins the finals wins 4 Prime XP Potions.
Each team that makes the finals wins 8 Golden Darts of Luck.
Each team that makes the second round wins 4 Advanced XP Potions.
Each team that participates wins 4 Peach Cans.

(Note: the prizes are split between the team of 4, not each prize to each member)

That's pretty much it. I'll be glad to answer any questions/comments. Here's to hoping for a good turnout. I'm aware not many people visit these forums so I'll be sure to do tons of advertising ingame!

How to register
Post a team name and your four members IGNs here. Include the explorer's main character's IGN for reference.

Registration goes to the first 8 entries, and the tournament starts as soon as we get 8 teams.

This thread's also posted on OGP official forums.

---
Latiam - 193 Elemental Master / Silhana - 194 Minstrel / Aerinn - 190 Judgment / Latimer - 193 Dragoon
Zaels - 196/194 Ruin Walker / Kyliee - 194 Sword Dancer / Barius - 193 Holy Order
---
Level 40 Dura Top/Hat/Bottom Armor and Camo Accessory Crafter! Service is free, PM/whisper for requests

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-13-2009   #2 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

aww, i don't have a team :\
nice event tho

12-13-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

NightMend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NightMend Send a message via MSN to NightMend
IGN: HeroRyu
Class: QUEET lt_blader
Level: 11x

I would love to join but then again, there's testing for the majority of the players. Maybe you should try during the break? Midterms and Finals are a pain in the butt =/

+Rep if I've been helpful please! Always looking for active and nice buddies. PM Me in-game

12-13-2009   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Huh? This is a strange way to do a PVP event... The higher levels will win and if a team has a laggy target, then the target will get owned way more due to not being able to run away.

Wouldn't it be better to have people of the same level duke it out?
No advantages.
No disadvantage.
A fair fight.

I guess it's your event and you can do what you want, but it's just a joke with a bitter punch line. The guys/gals with the most cash and higher level will win the prizes, making them even richer. Woot. Well, at least everyone gets a peach can, so us medium-levels may as well join to get 4 free cans.

12-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

sounds interesting maybe i can try and pull a team together =D

but i have one little issue :x in order for the nub to even appear on the scores at the end (meaning to see how many times they die) they have to get a hit in first, which is prolly sure to lead to an instant death xD not the best thing to do when youre trying to avoid :x

12-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
Impenetrable Vanguard
Games
La TaleElsword
Awards Twitter Fan

Zuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Zuro
IGN: Zuro
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: Baguette

So uhhhhh....

Team Name:
Heartless
Team Members: Zuro, Hiratori, Checkers
Noob: Logicennium (Calming)

Woo for free peach cans.

LaTale - Zuro - 19x Strider: Kunaisen - 1xx Ruin Walker: Zeruna - 1xx Dragoon

12-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Battlefield HeroesDofusDynasty Warriors OnlineFlyFF
Awards Facebook Fan

Rested has a spectacular aura aboutRested has a spectacular aura aboutRested has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Rested Send a message via Skype™ to Rested
IGN: Rawlie /Koldcut
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 17~
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhenyl
Huh? This is a strange way to do a PVP event... The higher levels will win and if a team has a laggy target, then the target will get owned way more due to not being able to run away.

Wouldn't it be better to have people of the same level duke it out?
No advantages.
No disadvantage.
A fair fight.

I guess it's your event and you can do what you want, but it's just a joke with a bitter punch line. The guys/gals with the most cash and higher level will win the prizes, making them even richer. Woot. Well, at least everyone gets a peach can, so us medium-levels may as well join to get 4 free cans.
awww, it's not that bad all I see is a fun latale version of capture the flag xP

12-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rested
awww, it's not that bad all I see is a fun latale version of capture the flag xP
I never consider unfair things to be fun. I guess I'm silly, then. :<

I wanted to make a PVP event long ago, but I lack the proper ely to give decent gifts... Well wait, that's a lie. Maybe I will make one and watch as only two gunslingers join. <_<

12-16-2009   #9 (permalink)
Impenetrable Vanguard
Games
La TaleElsword
Awards Twitter Fan

Zuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Zuro
IGN: Zuro
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: Baguette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhenyl
I never consider unfair things to be fun. I guess I'm silly, then. :<

I wanted to make a PVP event long ago, but I lack the proper ely to give decent gifts... Well wait, that's a lie. Maybe I will make one and watch as only two gunslingers join. <_<
and a blader.

LaTale - Zuro - 19x Strider: Kunaisen - 1xx Ruin Walker: Zeruna - 1xx Dragoon

12-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy

and that templar, maybe we could make this a 4 ffa 8D

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released