Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

BabyAthena is on a distinguished road
Default Invoke's Weakness >:3

For those of you that don`t know Invoke's weakness. I`ll show you :P Its only for invoke. Not Invoke EX. o_o. You can avoid getting burned there, but it CAN tail whip you. So when it does knock back on you, move back to the original spot. Its on the left side right next to the Invoke. Don't go on the left side. If you do, the little fire thingy on the ground is gonna hurt you :P Stand right there where my character is standing.

Last edited by BabyAthena; 11-08-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Aura is on a distinguished road
IGN: Vorpal
Class: Warlord/Blader lt_warlord
Level: 156

You know... I wouldn't really call that a weakness. Invoke's tail whip hurts a lot more than the breath atk. My own lvl 41 character was taking about 30-40 dmg from breath atk while the damn tail whip can go as high as 80-100. Even my 7x character still gets flinched by the stupid tail whip yet the flame breath only does a measly 1 dmg (yes I stocked up on loads of fire resist equipment for fun just to see what kind of dmg I would take). I'd say the real weakness is, Invoke will not chase to until the end of the map. That's a real weakness there (*coughs* snipers *coughs*). This applies to both Invoke EX and regular.

11-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Lost SagaLa TaleRusty Hearts

KrEmEyDeMi will become famous soon enough
IGN: KrEmEyKaOs
Class: Captain Hook to_warrior
Level: 87
Guild: Itadakimasu / Nameless

Well really it all depends on class specifics. Itís a really good spot for tankers, one person stands in that spot while the rest of the party attacks invoke from behind. Also Invoke isnít always one-sided with the geyser. Sometimes Invoke is placed a little to either the left side or the right side, before you first attack it you examine which spot is best to attack it from. If Invoke is placed dead centered on the geyser, prepare for a wild ride~.

So be sure to check which side itís tilted more on. Iíd say be more careful of the geyser rather than invokeís attacks themselves. Reason is if the geyser will hit you, regardless of your resist or your defense you will be pushed back and with any luck comboíd with Invokeís flame thrower. Thatís where situations when the Invoke is dead center on the geyser become annoying.

Tail whip and flame blast tickle me with 1ís and 2ís, but I suppose thatís because Iím a pure defense Knight xD.

11-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

BabyAthena is on a distinguished road

yea it does sorta depend. i`m a water mage, and i can continously attack it. and when i do my attacks the tail whips can`t move me. so yea. o well :P