ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (22) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-04-2010   22 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works
Default DotNuri Guide (IMAGE HEAVY)

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GUIDES WITH CRACK IN IT, IGNORE THIS.

Have you ever find yourself unable to pass Dotnuri?

Do you not understand what is DotNuri?

Have you ever find yourself getting jealous at those other second classes like Guardians and Bladers doing Dragon Kick pass you?

Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to NOT use skills to pass?

Are you a Treasure Hunter or a Mage Class, by any chance?

Have you ever been stuck like this before?

Spoiler!

Well, this guide is for you!

... Ehh? What? The logo is a lie? That's true... People can't coexist with DotNuri monsters after all... >> <<

Okay, now we start!

What is this guide about?
This guide is about one of the most hated places in the world of LaTale, DotNuri! Or LagNuri, for some. I know there have been quite a few people saying that DotNuri is pretty hard, and I actually say it is, to be honest, but after running around DotNuri for like 124212141540925 times, I guess I actually managed well. o.o/

I’m not saying I’m “OMGGG IM DAH B3ST . NURI PLAYA EVAHHH@$!!@!@!11!!” but at least I hope I can provide some tips to make you survive longer in DotNuri, and most hopefully, to complete the stages which you find lots of difficulty to, without the usage of Jumping skills such as the Blader’s Double Jump and the Guardian’s Dragon Kick/Cres.Kick.

Note that this is NOT a guide which guides you step by step to each stages, but merely a guide to help understand DotNuri a little better.

Wait, what’s DotNuri?
DotNuri is… in short said by most people… HELL. =D;

Well, okay, you see, DotNuri is pretty simple. You make your way from the left to the right, avoiding obstacles such as enemies and pitfalls. Sounds simple right? No, not really. Even if you just touched the enemy ONCE or even FALL onto a pitfall (With an exception of level 3, some pitfalls are passages to continue on. =_=), you will be sent back into the lobby, and you have to start all over.

That’s right. No checkpoints, no save points, no nothing. D< IT’S A GIANT WARZONE.

But because DotNuri is hard, people resort into using jump skills, and… as you know, not all the classes got the same kind of skills. So if you want to use skills, stop reading, this guide isn’t for you. If you actually want to play DotNuri like how it’s supposed to be played, go ahead and read on.

So why should I trouble myself like this?:
- In my opinion, not using skills was originally how it was supposed to be played from the beginning, as you don’t receive any special skills for DotNuri itself.

- If you are interested in more of a challenge.

- To laugh at those other classes who have no choice but to use skills to pass. >D

Requirements:
DotNuri Capsule: The capsule which allows you to be transported to the DotNuri area, for 1000 Ely per capsule. You can buy these from Dora from the Elias Item Shop!

Broad Jump: This is a MUST if you want to pass DotNuri. You can complete without it, sure, but Broad Jump helps A LOT when you are running around the area. It makes everything x10 easier before everything else. Refer to Lie-… Pie’s quest guide at the quest guides if you need any help locating it. You can get this skill in Yong Gyoung.

Speed Shoes: Speed affects your movement speed, but the most important part here is that speed affects your Broad Jump distance, and your jump distance. It isn’t much of a difference, but every % of speed counts A LOT towards your performance. This isn’t to be confused with Wind Walk, though. You need to switch between speed stat at times so that you can broad jump towards certain ledges. Speed titles such as “Night Owl” helps a lot as well.

Patience: Unless you are going for a speed run in DotNuri, you need to be really patient, and jump when you see your chance to avoid getting hit by an enemy.

Quests: That’s right, DotNuri has quests! OAO/ You can get them from Dora, and quests are important in unlocking stages, and if you complete a stage 20 times (or around that, maybe), you get a free gift! Like if you complete Level 1 DotNuri 20 times, you get 1 skill point, for the worth of your trouble.

Less Lag: The less lag you have, the better. I would say the minimum required lag for you to have is that your jump button responds to the game 0.5 seconds later. The lower the better.

Stress Relief Medicines: So you won’t hit your keyboard. D:

Your Movement:
The most important part of DotNuri is how you move around the stage. The enemies don’t chase after you like agro monsters do, and the only thing which stands in your way is your lag, and your skill. A few things you have to keep in mind while running a stage is…

- Plan your route: It’s okay to die at least once or twice, just make sure you know which is the most safest way you think it is, and where can you manage. I mean, sure it’s just a stage going from left to right, but how about knowing if you are taking the up route or down route?

- Time your jumps: This goes without saying, especially when you are jumping over an enemy. Find for the right time to jump, and avoid getting “OMG PWNED D:” by the enemy.

- How far do your jumps take you?: As said above, a bit of % in the jump makes a big difference. A good example would be DotNuri Stage 2.

Spoiler!

This is Broad Jump from the box WITH Movement Speed.

Spoiler!

And this is Broad Jump from the box WITHOUT Movement Speed.

See how big of a difference it is, Nii?

That’s pretty much it. =D

The Enemies:
So far, there are three types of enemies which are in the world of DotNuri… or at least, the enemies I know anyway. =~=… But do take one good note about the enemies, there’s one thing which doesn’t make a difference, which is their movement pattern. They can turn to at least a minimum of one time to a maximum of four times, (Most likely three.) before they finally stop on their tracks for 0.5 seconds – 5 second, if you are lucky.

Oh and one more thing. You can't attack them. That's right. You can't even TOUCH them them. You can't do this.

Spoiler!

Or this.

Spoiler!

Or maybe even this.

Spoiler!

So the only thing you can do is dodge them. Get hit by them, and as said, you will be sent back all the way back to the lobby. =~=

The ones you’ll feel like kicking away the most, the Mushroom Boys are the most common type of enemy in DotNuri. They don’t have anything special, other than walking left and right, but they are still enough to make you start over. D<

These little things are the same size as the Mushroom Boy, except they have one special feature that the Mushroom Boy doesn’t.

THEY CAN JUMP D<

Spoiler!

I hate these things. They just charge in without any notice, and you might broad jump in front of their faces. D: These things only appear in Level 3 so far, as far as I know, so do take note of that. They move only forward, from the right of the screen, to the left.

Spoiler!

Not exactly an 'enemy', but they still do harm you out of notice. These things jump out from the lava pits at level 4, and they jump up quickly, but go back to the lava SLOWLY. (I don't get it either.) I got hit by these things quite a bit too. >=l

Spoiler!

And lastly...

... Just kidding. >D *BRICKED STABBED*

Also known as the guardian of the end. There is only one of this kind of enemy, and also the hardest to dodge out of the three, due to it’s immense size. It doesn’t jump like the Hedgehog (THANKFULLY), but jumping over him is really really hard, so finding an alternative route is recommended more than doing that.

Like I said before, they do NOT make a set movement pattern, which makes them hard to predict. However, you can broad jump/normal jump over them, avoiding them.

Spoiler!

This is a good time to broad jump, since you will be jumping over the enemy, while the mushroom is still.

Spoiler!

Likewise, for here, since the mushroom is stuck at the corner, it's safe for you to go as well.

Oh and I can't forget...

Pitfalls:
Isn't really an 'enemy', but like getting touched by an enemy, falling onto one of these will also send you back into the lobby, with the exception of SOME pits in level 3. =l... Just putting this in case you are curious what does those little holes do when you fall into them. =.=; You won't die, don't worry.

... What? You want a picture, Nii?

Spoiler!

Also, I have to put this, but in Level 4, they introduce LAVA pits. Yes, Lava. So what's the difference between the two? Well, the Lava pits can spit out FIREBALLZ. (Refer towards the Enemy section for that), and you die when you fall down to the lava, of course.

Spoiler!

~*~
Well, that’s it, from me. I hope you find this guide, in a way, useful in understanding DotNuri better, and remember, practice without using skills! If you go over video sites, you can see Korean players not using any skills while passing through levels! And they have more monsters than us! D: True, Koreans don’t lag as much as us, but we have less monsters to make up for it, I guess… =^=;;

Enjoy your DotNuri stay!

Opinions or improvements are welcome in this guide~ Pointless flaming is seriously not.

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

Last edited by ArturiaPendragon; 06-02-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-04-2010   #2 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

Nice and Fun to read Guide Mei <3

/continues failing in Dotnuri as TH and Sorc qq

05-04-2010   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular
Games
AuditionCosmic BreakEmil Chronicle OnlineFirefall

Rionell will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rionell Send a message via MSN to Rionell
IGN: Rionell / ReimiTrude
Class: DAMNED GHEI BARD lt_bard
Level: Blah.
Guild: StrawberryPunch / BlueberryPancake / FrenchBread

I've been lazy to post in this forum for months, but your guide.

IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE ME JUST SAY 'LMAO' IN THE QUICK REPLY BOX.

ILU, MEI. KEEP ON ROCKING, MY DEAR GHEI.

It passed as if a whisper.
Raise your blade, sir.

05-04-2010   #4 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

lol wow terra that was pretty funny x] good job on the guide ;D

05-04-2010   #5 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Freaking awesome! I loved it, especially the AWESOMEclouds! I really wanna' see you do a step by step guide for every stage Terra! <3

05-05-2010   #6 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

You were really bored to do something like this weren't you, lol

05-05-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Eden EternalSword 2Trickster OnlineGrand Chase

Shippo~ will become famous soon enough

Lolz NICE Mei Pitfall = doom -pushes Terra off-

05-05-2010   #8 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuNyan
Nice and Fun to read Guide Mei <3

/continues failing in Dotnuri as TH and Sorc qq
WHAT. WHATWHATWHAT. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO FAIL AFTER READING. *DESP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rionell
I've been lazy to post in this forum for months, but your guide.

IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE ME JUST SAY 'LMAO' IN THE QUICK REPLY BOX.

ILU, MEI. KEEP ON ROCKING, MY DEAR GHEI.
LOL. WELCOME BACK. NOW START REPLYING MORE. D<

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
lol wow terra that was pretty funny x] good job on the guide ;D
Ahh, thanks for thinking that way. <33 I don't like a guide like a textbook, but that's just me. Glad you liked it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Freaking awesome! I loved it, especially the AWESOMEclouds! I really wanna' see you do a step by step guide for every stage Terra! <3
BUT BUT... I CAN'T DO GUIDES LIKE THOSE

"Step 1: Jump."
"Step 2: OOOH MUSHROOM. Jump over."

D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdgr
You were really bored to do something like this weren't you, lol
EX DEE GEE ARRR >^<

Naaaah, not really. I meant to do this guide for a while to promote the understanding of DotNuri for a while, actually. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippo~
Lolz NICE Mei Pitfall = doom -pushes Terra off-
OAO *DODGES* THIS. IS. SPARTA! D< *KICKS SHIPPO DOWN*

05-07-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineLa TalePangya

Twiztiez will become famous soon enoughTwiztiez will become famous soon enough
Class: Slacker to_cardmaster
Level: N33T

LOL EPIC GUIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturiaPendragon
Broad Jump: This is a MUST if you want to pass DotNuri. You can complete without it, sure, but Broad Jump helps A LOT when you are running around the area. It makes everything x10 easier before everything else. Refer to Lie-… Pie’s quest guide at the quest guides if you need any help locating it. You can get this skill in Louyang.
I have a feeling someone's been playing too much RO though

05-07-2010   #10 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Awards Event Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztiez
LOL EPIC GUIDE

I have a feeling someone's been playing too much RO though

UHHHHH WHO'S THAT 8DDDD

*shot* Okay okay, thanks for pointing that out, LOL. I NEVER EVEN NOTICED.

05-19-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
La TalePangyaLucent Heart

ioana2008v can only hope to improve
IGN: ioana/ioana2/WarriorIoana
Class: Gunslinger/Wizard/Warrior lt_gunslinger
Level: Lv.80/Lv.31/Lv.27
Guild: N/A
Xfire: ioana2008v

Awesome AND THE FUNNIEST GUIDE EVER! XD MY PARENTS SEEN THIS TOO AND LAUGHED

05-24-2010   #12 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Awards Event Winner

@Ioana: AWWW TY. I'M SURPRISED YOUR PARENTS UNDERSTOOD MY FAIL LOL.

DotNuri Guide Update, added Cannonball Boy Enemy, and Fireball enemies.

01-09-2012   #13 (permalink)
God
ggFTW Regular

God is on a distinguished road
IGN: GregoryL
Class: Saint / Psykicker lt_guardian
Level: 16x / 15x
Guild: No (Slightly Defunct), KaiogerkArmy (Still communicating with members), SEKIREI

As most people already know, this guide should be updated with the addition of the DotNuri Hammer that was released last weekend.

You may now commence stoning me for reviving an old thread.