ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-03-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

iPutty is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: BluWhiteAngel
Class: GUITAR SMASH...hero?
Level: 10x
Guild: LunarBreak
Default The Guide to Grinding

The Guide to Grinding

Grinding(Stolen from RoflKnife's grinding guide): The act of killing a large amount of monsters for a long period of time to level up. People tend to start grinding after they don't have any more efficient quests needed to level.

This guide is all about ways to grind, how to grind better and more easier, so on and so forth.

When grinding:

Equipment:

- In terms of equipment, I would say it wouldn't matter. If you start feeling like your equipment is getting weaker, start upgrading anyways or enchanting. However, I would start upgrading your equipment to the next available level if you are above level 80.

Skills:

- Obviously, you'll need skills in order to grind. Durr. That is all for this section.

Map(s):

When grinding, I would suggest that the map should...

- Have a good respawn rate
- A good "gap" in between one piece of ground towards another
- A close/nearby safe spot (ex. easy way to get to a ladder or spot w/o monsters) in case of resting or fleeing from a mob

Monsters:

When grinding, I would suggest monsters that...

- Have a good respawn rate
- Are reasonable to kill at your current level - not to easy, not too hard. The 'color' of the monsters should be in yellow, although they don't have to.
- Optional: Give a good amount of money.
- Optional: Have a good IDR (Item Drop Rate) / RIDR (Rare Item Drop Rate)

Party Grinding:

Grinding in a group can be much faster, according to what the wiki says:

Quote:
When Soloing, XP may change depending on your lv and monster lv.
But with party it, it also effect with party average lv.
When 1 member joins in, XP from monster get +50% more, total of +250%.
Also XP gaining can change depending on your level and the average lv of the party.

If you are higher than average lv then you will gain more XP while if you are lower than the average lv then you will gain less XP.
This may sound like person whos gaining less XP should go off Soloing but that not totally true.
You are able to kill things more faster than usual as well as less damage you will recieve.
But really, it also depends on what you're killing. If the monsters you're killing are in green, you'll get much less in a party since everyone is sharing that exp. But it also depends on the party itself (ex. a leecher, and you and some other person is in a party. That means that the leecher is taking the exp and not killing, while you and the other person is fighting). And, so is the time you are taking to bother even being in a party than soloing, or the time you are taking to solo rather being in a party. (Completely opinionated, but it really depends lol.)

Healing and Pots! ...Err...I mean Potions =w=

When grinding...

- If you're in a party with a bard/healer, ask them or literally force them to heal or spam heal you, depends on the conditions/situation.
- If you are soloing monsters at a pretty high level (colors are usually orange or red), I suggest using 'uncommon' potions such as Soda Potions, Cherry Potions, etc.
However, I would save these in case of emergency or for use at lvl. 100+.

Issues about Grinding & Solutions

Some of the largest issues I've gained so far is.

Dying

Dying (well, unintended dying) is possibly the worst problem that I have, and I still get it all the time. Ways to stop dying would either be :

- Enchant and upgrade. As for what you should enhance, it depends on your class (sorry, too lazy to even put it here). But stamina is a must; a biggie. And, as for your shoes, you can use speed, but it won't be necessary up to a certain higher level.
- Warp out or flee from the monster or mob.
- If you have Wind Walk, you should use it to flee from the monster or mob.
- If it's lag you're dealing with, get Verizon or something LOL. Or, if you are able to, press Esc on your keyboard, and go to Change Server or Quit when you're frozen/unable to move.

Boredom/Laziness

Possibly the worst issue for me. Dying can also decrease your self-esteem (lol i is a therapist) and you stop grinding. Well, unfortunately, I don't think there's any other solution to this other than to be in a very talkative party/mode and start laughing at stuff LOL...

Suggested/Recommended Grinding Spots

These are spots that I have found from the LT map / have used throughout my nubby wizard days. These spots might not be suitable for you, or suitable for you, it sometimes depends on your current class (ex. Warriors deal a lot of damage, they can kill monsters one or two (OR MORE) levels above their decency). I really don't care.

[-Finish sometime soon-]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-04-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Zeryu has a spectacular aura aboutZeryu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Zeryu Send a message via Skype™ to Zeryu
IGN: Noriko
Class: Asuka-to-be lu_arien
Level: 7x
Guild: Lunatic

I have the distinct feeling i've read some of this before o.o; Especially the Map(s) part.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

04-04-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

iPutty is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: BluWhiteAngel
Class: GUITAR SMASH...hero?
Level: 10x
Guild: LunarBreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryu
I have the distinct feeling i've read some of this before o.o; Especially the Map(s) part.
Yeah, I basically stole RoflKnife's thread on grinding. Tried to make it in different words, but failed LOL. I'm planning to add credits, but I just don't have the distinct time. ;~;.

05-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
La TalePangyaLucent Heart

ioana2008v can only hope to improve
IGN: ioana/ioana2/WarriorIoana
Class: Gunslinger/Wizard/Warrior lt_gunslinger
Level: Lv.80/Lv.31/Lv.27
Guild: N/A
Xfire: ioana2008v

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPutty