ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (176) Thread Tools Display Modes
03-20-2010   176 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ai Sp@ceCabal OnlineDream of Mirror OnlineDrift City

aznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to behold
IGN: HorieChan/HiranoChan
Class: 弓トレハン/アティ lt_bard
Level: 14x/8x
Guild: サイラクス/サイラクス
Default Run your Latale Client on VLOW

UPDATE: New Guide added for New(Lame) OGP Launcher.
Must Click here

If your Latale feels like running slow on your computer because your computer is old or your using Laptop that are not powerful, try running it by lowering the graphic quality.
Now how to do that because there is no option to lower your quality?
Simple. This is not done by option but a simple code first before running your game.

Follow each step.

1. Copy your LataleClient.exe which is located to where ever you installed it and paste it on your desktop as shortcut. Make sure it's Client not Launcher.
Spoiler!

2. Right click it and go to properties.
Spoiler!

3. Look at your Target: "C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleClient.exe" depend on where you installed your game it doesn't matter.
Spoiler!

4. Copy /Windowed /LoginServer:67.201.57.134:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET and paste it next to the Target line "C:\ ...... LaTaleClient.exe"

Update: Addition to this you will need to have a userid and token(like a password) for more information on how to do that Click here

For Aeria use this code:
/Windowed /LoginServer:217.111.23.167:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:GERMANY /PUBLISHER:AERIA

Make sure there is space between LataleClient.exe" (here) /Windowed /LoginServer:
Otherwise it gives error.

Here is some option if you prefer one or the other.
/Windowed <=> /Full - This is the screen size option.
/Run:Vlow <=> /Run:Vhigh - Stand for Video Low and Video High. Video High is the current setting when you run the game normally.

Spoiler!

5. Click Apply then OK.

6. Double click the shortcut file you just made and it will directly go to your client.

Result

Skills: Top is normal, Bottom is VLOW
MiniMap: Right is normal, Left is VLOW

What does this things do?
It allow you to force the game to run on 256 colors not sure the exact numbers. But I think that exactly what it do. The guide I found said it lowers the graphic. It's like using Applocale but instead you don't need any special program to do it. Similar to Compatibility tab on property.

What are the benefit of doing this?
If you use an old computer or not so powerful computer/laptop, sometime lowering your game quality can help you improve running the game better.
Even if you have a good computer, you can still use this to skip the client checking and such.

Error at login page.
If there was any patch occur, you would need to update your client by simply run your launcher.exe.

Error with Xtrap.
If your not on admin, please try run it as administrator. Seems like that work.

Is this Safe?
Yes it is. Or it should be safe because you are only changing the settings just like the Applocale where you change the setting of font usage. The only different is that you don't need any installation.

Does this work with Applocale?
Yes it does. Thanks to Redz for his help.

For Applocale all you need to do is do what you have done with previously Applocale.
For the Launch an application, Pick LataleClient.exe instead of LataleLauncher.exe.
Then copy the Vlow stuff onto the Arguments.
Spoiler!

Create a shortcut at the end of the process and your all set up.

I hope this can improve on some computers. Since I think I'm actually feel like I don't lag that much when I run through Elias Ch1 on my laptop.

Thanks to Frederic for the Aeria code version.

Thanks to Maestro for the enabling the New OGP launching system to work.

Last edited by aznsakura; 05-14-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-20-2010   #2 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Redz will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrimLuck
Class: Maestro/Ministrel lt_bard
Level: 194/193
Guild: SolarBreak
Xfire: Grimmy

Is this safe? ;_;

Also what affect does this have with AppLocale If any at all? Amd AppLocale code is different should do one for that too. Also what do you do after step 4 copy and paste doesn't do anything and when i click OK error comes up.

Credit: Noperative

Last edited by Redz; 03-20-2010 at 08:03 PM.

03-20-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

aznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to behold

This is 100% safe as a lot of jLT player does it to reduce the graphic quality down. It's kinda like using Applocale instead you don't need any installation just changing the settings.
It's like changing setting when you run particular program such as Compatibility mode, Display settings and input settings you would see when you right click property.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Applocale.

Your Target for Shortcut should look something like this Target: "C:\Games\OGP\La Tale\LaTaleClient.exe" /Windowed /LoginServer:67.201.57.134:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET
Except your Client.exe Folder may be different to mine.
Then Click either Apply or OK to save the setting.
After that run the shortcut.

Last edited by aznsakura; 03-20-2010 at 08:26 PM.

03-20-2010   #4 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

I did it the picture still looks the same is it suppose to?

Last edited by Redz; 03-23-2010 at 03:38 PM.

03-20-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

If it working than you got it.
I don't have Applocale at the moment so I can't test it out but try set the Apploacle for Client then edit the Target on that shortcut. I'm not sure if it works on launcher.exe
It hard to tell the difference though but if you look very carefully you can tell the quality is lower compare to normal quality.
Most obvious one is Player icon on the right top Mini map. Usually is red but if you lower the quality it goes grey.

03-20-2010   #6 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Mine are still red what does that mean?

03-20-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Nothing.
It means that your Latale is in normal quality.
Which means the setting didn't affect.
I just realize that I have Applocale too so I'm testing it out
Seems like it wont work using Applocale since Applocale setting overlaps with this setting.

03-20-2010   #8 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

This really works my lag on channel 1 is like 0 now.

Last edited by Redz; 03-23-2010 at 03:39 PM.

03-20-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Yes it does. And for me I like that because I always have problem loading launcher.

03-20-2010   #10 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Ok, I will try and get it to work for AppLocale cause I love big font. I would rep you but it doesn't allow me to rep anyone again that I have repped before...

Application With AppLocale:
1. Do all the following steps listed above to the normal LaTale
2. Open AppLocale and Click Next
3. Put a tick in Launch an Application
4. Click Browse...
5. Select the Modified Version of LaTale
6. Copy and Paste the following in arguments /Windowed /LoginServer:67.201.57.134:10000 /Run:VLOW /LOCALE:USA /PUBLISHER:OGPLANET
7. Click Next Twice
8. Check the Box to create a permanent shortcut.
9. Name it (Optional) and click Finish

Last edited by Redz; 03-23-2010 at 03:41 PM.

03-20-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I can understand that.
I've already got big font out though it's Japanese so can't get the right symbol for it.
If I can figure out somehow to set up the fonts as well this will be even better.

03-20-2010   #12 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Yes, this will offer a good solution to all. I don't know how you figured first part out so i can't help you with discovering font changes but right now increased font is all that can be offered.

03-20-2010   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Nice finding.
Though for me I don't like using Applocale because Korean seems like make my font smaller. So need to figure out how to have Korean with larger font.

03-20-2010   #14 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

AppLocale has different Language settings maybe one of those will increase it.

03-20-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Running the Latale normally is already gives big size.
So size isn't my problem but the font is the problem.
My % and such doesn't appear properly and all non-translated part doesn't appear as korean.

03-20-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

On #4, I can't seem to find this:

Quote:
Vlow <=> Vhigh
On the properties area T_T Idk where to find it in order to edit it and be-rid of this lag.

03-20-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
On #4, I can't seem to find this:

On the properties area T_T Idk where to find it in order to edit it and be-rid of this lag.
On the line you just paste it has /Run:Vlow in it.
you can change it to /Run:Vhigh if you want the quality to be normal.
Similarly if you want to have full screen, instead of /Windowed change it to /Full

03-20-2010   #18 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

This also reduces the memory(RAM) LaTale uses mine went from 500k which was old normal to 230k being the new normal.

Last edited by Redz; 03-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.

03-21-2010   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

ValenR will become famous soon enough

How did you find out the IP adress ? I kind of want to use it too, but I'm on Aeria :<

03-21-2010   #20 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

I tried it and it keeps giving me an Xtrap error .-.