ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (9) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-13-2010   9 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary
Default Alchemy Crafting to Lv 40. A.k.a. The AFKing Guide.

Revision notes-

.00 Started: Introduction, Lv1-30 notes completed, Time consumption section started on.
.01 Revised in recognition of contributing posts: thank you all! Estimation to level section removed due to latency being too variable.

-Introduction-

Hello there. Have you ever met players with lv 40 crafting abilities and wished you had the same? To get there takes a bit of... work and patience and some ely/astros to back it all up.

You may already be aware of how to achieve this using the best resource available: Alchemy Crafting.

The process is simple: fill your inventory up with an equal amount of hp and sp potions of the same level, then choose the appopriate combo pot to craft and then, wait to gather up the exp.

Once you are at your goal level, you can then use a Professional Craft Reset Book to change to a profession of your choice at maximal level. You may either buy this in ely from another player; or in the Fashion Shop. The price of which may vary depending on which version of LaTale you play.

That's all you need to know to get going on your own. But there's a lot more to get from this guide. And if you're interested in trying to make a high level crafter, you can learn just how much time you will need to invest, and how you can make the process more convenient. And just maybe how long each level will take. Basically, this guide merely does the math for all of this for you!

Just so we're clear, you'll require the following to pull this off:

1. A Level 110+ character.
2. A Decent amount of Ely to afford buying pots to powerlevel to lv 31/lv 32
3. A Professional Craft Reset Book (a Fashion Shop Item, bought with real money, or from another player with the item.)
4. Ability/permission to leave a PC and net connection on for hours when not in usage.
5. Patience and lots of it.

-Getting to the 3x levels with Alchemy-

Since not everyone will be at 3x upon choosing to aim for 40: Lets get that out of the way 1st! This will be quick and simple. Starting from level 1. We have to sift through quite a bit of items to find what we DO want to use to level to 31.

To save loads of time, we're going to craft the COMBO pots by 10s.

This list will show you the order of the craftable pots we'll be using.
This may save you some trouble of trying to find which town you need for your level. as well as the order you'll need them in.

[Tier 1 Potions]
Lesser Combo Potion (Belos)
Combo Potion (Belos)
Quality Combo
Lesser Combo Cookie

[Tier 2 Potions] [Expect to use 2-3 stacks to reach next potion/tier]
Combo Cookie
Quality Combo Cookie (Elfa)
Premium Combo Cookie (Elfa)

[Tier 3 Potions] [Expect to use about 3-4 stacks each to reach next potion]
Lesser Combo Powder (Elfa/Ves)
Combo Powder (Ves)
Quality Combo Powder (Ves)
Premium Combo Powder (Atlantis)

[Tier 4 Potions] [Expect 4 Stacks or more to reach next pot]
Lesser Combo Candy (Atlantis)
Combo Candy (Atlantis)
Quality Combo Candy (Midgard)
Premium Combo Candy (Midgard)

As you work your way up to the next combo pot creation, you can save a bit of money per level by using the combo pots you made from the previous potion rank to make some pots of the higher rank. 3 of a lower rank potion can be used to craft the next.(Ex.You can use 3 Lesser Combo Candies to craft 1 Combo Candy) You'll save a lot towards the latter exp levels. so.. don't npc them off too quick.

As you work you way through the ranks you eventually near the final levels. 28 and forward. Its worth it to spend the several million ely of Premium Combo Candies to push your way towards Lv 31. and it's there the true crafting grind begins.

The Basics of Time Consumption.

Let's be frank: This, is gonna take...a LONG time to achieve. Starting from Level 32 (or 31, which i'd suggest to start at since the cost of 140 pots are way too high to be worth the minimal gain at lv 31.) Your crafting will be yielding only 1 exp. It will take hours, but it's doable.

Now things get interesting (or boring depending on your view of it), and i'll provide the info of how much time this will take.

When we do this, we'll be crafting lesser combo pots ONE BY ONE, not 10 by 10. As the exp will be the same regardless (1xp orz).

I timed the amount of crafts that can be done in a minute. In one minute, 12-13 crafts can be executed. Mathematically scaling that out, means that in one hour (if we use 13 crafts an hour for this) 780 crafts can be executed on average.

For every hour that you wish to be AFK, you'll need 8 slots worth of hp and 8 slots worth of sp potions usually.

As confirmed by johnnywup, Swivel (LolJaen) , and Switch. Latency does have a pretty good effect on crafting speed over time. So far the ranges can vary from 12-13 crafts to 16 a minute. So that's like... a 20-25% leveling speed gap based on latency. If you're fast, guess more inventory slots can't hurt.

Oh, another note. When preparing to afk, turn off pvp and possibly trade requests. One of these are able to interrupt your crafting. It would suck to come back to find out your last hour was wasted by another player.

----------- To Be Continued----

Future Additions:

Inventory slot management/ assessment of how much longer you can afk by choosing to buy more consume slots. Aka: i do more math for you.

Formatting and making this look PRETTIER. =D

Last edited by Lime; 07-06-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works

I personally object towards this kind of method since it is considered to be cheating, but ehh, 80% of all high level crafters does it anyway.

There I said it. Shoot me. D<

Still, nice guide, though, Rima. =] Good for those who are absolutely tired of their own craft.

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

02-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute

D= shoot Terra? Neverrrr.

Thanks though Terra =3 i just realized how there isn't much information on how it's done anywhere so i decided to give it a shot. Least now people can be aware just how long this can take.

02-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

Process takes 2-3 months total.

02-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

:O hmms, gotcha.

How many hours a day does this 2-3 months assume?

02-13-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Mika will become famous soon enough
IGN: Swedish
Class: Gold digge- no♥ lt_treasurehunter
Guild: ShiningRay

lvl 32 0.01: 4-5
lvl 33 0.01: 5
lvl 34 0.01: 5-6
lvl 35 0.01: 6
lvl 36 0.01: 6-7
lvl 37 0.01: 7
lvl 38 0.01: 8
lvl 39 0.01: 9
2 months; 10 hours a day(?) I forgot lol

02-13-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

BronzeMech has a spectacular aura aboutBronzeMech has a spectacular aura about

There IS a craft experience chart on the wiki (scroll down), but I don't know how accurate that is.

It does seem pretty accurate, though--dividing each number by the amount of potions that can be crafted per hour gives the amount of hours that one needs to level.

02-28-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Johnnywup will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Johnnywup Send a message via MSN to Johnnywup Send a message via Skype™ to Johnnywup
IGN: WarezLocke
Class: Meister lt_gunslinger
Level: 13x
Guild: Slayer
Xfire: Johnnywup

i got 13 too and im in cali. are you sure latency has to do with anything?

02-28-2010   #9 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

Hm. guess it may be even too minor for it to matter then, as i have pretty below average latency and usually hit 13 full crafts and other times only getting halfway-99% done with the 13th one. Thanks for telling me your result Johnny. +rep

i do know for a fact that lag spikes do delay a craft "completion" though... i just assumed that latency could affect speed too. Guess the only warning i can give readers is to watch out if they have an unstable connection.

03-01-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Send a message via AIM to Johnnywup Send a message via MSN to Johnnywup Send a message via Skype™ to Johnnywup

i get about where i finish the 13th and its halfway through the animation of success/failure.
Also: a different variable may be in order, failures and successes havent different length animations?

03-01-2010   #11 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywup
i get about where i finish the 13th and its halfway through the animation of success/failure.
Also: a different variable may be in order, failures and successes havent different length animations?
oh, that's a good point. o.< i completely forgot about that one.

03-01-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Level 31 crafting btw VVV

also, it seems every 7th set of .01% only takes 3 crafts, so you can say if 6 out of 7 crafts are .0025 but 1 out of 7 is .0033...you can average and find the actual rate. [.0025+.0025+.0025+.0025+.0025+.0025+.0025+.0033]/7=0.0183/7=.002614286....well you get the point. It's slightly faster than what you say it is.

03-01-2010   #13 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

^ orz, i had a feeling that was gonna happen. i only bothered watching for like .05% before assuming that there were no surprises there. I'll have to fix the estimates then

03-04-2010   #14 (permalink)
Pokemangz Masta 1-10umad?
Special Games
La Tale
Awards Twitter Fan

LolJaen will become famous soon enoughLolJaen will become famous soon enough
Guild: ShiningRay

16 Full Crafts ; San Diego

Seems Lat does play a slight part,Not much tho

How am i supposed to be who i'll be if i am who i am?"

03-04-2010   #15 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games

^Holy cow that's some hax crafting LMAO.

but yeah. now i get the picture a little more Guess since you guys are both close to the server that's prolly difference in ISP playing its part.

03-10-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaezu
16 Full Crafts ; San Diego

Seems Lat does play a slight part,Not much tho
I'm san diego too :| /cut.
Then again I'm using a laptop.

03-28-2010   #17 (permalink)
Wen
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleElsword

Wen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really nice
IGN: Shikigami
Class: Minstrel lt_bard

So like, I switched over to alchemy due to OGP's new update at lv 25 with 55.04%. Started out with 10mil. Bought reset book and together with the ely needed to gain the skills, I reached lv 31 crafting in about 2~3 hours with 200k left over.
Mind you, I was crafting 15 pots at once so it was probably more expensive than crafting one by one.

But definitely able to get to lv 31 (or 32 for that matter) if you have decent amount of ely to back it up within a few hours.

Next up: Jan 05 Update Review

03-30-2010   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

switch has a spectacular aura aboutswitch has a spectacular aura about
IGN: entropy/EarlGrey
Guild: Carousel

I get 14 crafts a minute. :c /Los Angeles & craptop :v

03-31-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
La Tale

Itsy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: xXTsubakiXx
Class: Strider/Sword Dancer lt_blader
Level: 19x/14x
Guild: Infiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen
So like, I switched over to alchemy due to OGP's new update at lv 25 with 55.04%. Started out with 10mil. Bought reset book and together with the ely needed to gain the skills, I reached lv 31 crafting in about 2~3 hours with 200k left over.
Mind you, I was crafting 15 pots at once so it was probably more expensive than crafting one by one.

But definitely able to get to lv 31 (or 32 for that matter) if you have decent amount of ely to back it up within a few hours.
15 pots does not mean 15 pots to "use" but to get.
so actually they use 10 pots, and u make 15 of them, so it's a really good method to gain pots for using them, but also for crafting alot of points those times.
btw even if thats not really a new thing to lots ppl,
my craft is just to reach lvl 38 in about 2 hours if i dont dc soon xDD
hope the last two lvl go pretty smooth even i dont have the full 80 slots yet >_<

06-28-2010   #20 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to VirusChris
IGN: ChrisYuushi
Class: Strider lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: VirakinWarriors (Guild Master)

So should I be crafting the Lesser Combo Candy when I hit LV31/32 on my Craft?