ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (33) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-15-2009   33 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Setyroth will become famous soon enoughSetyroth will become famous soon enough
IGN: Setyroth
Class: Bard / Warlord lt_bard
Level: 12x / 9x
Guild: Nocturne
Default Leveling/Grinding/Questing Notes [Open to Suggestions]

This is a open guide so feel free to contribute to the thread.

Leveling and Grinding spots

There is more then one way to level, typically quests is the slowest and you'll inevitably run into the "omg I don't have any quests" problem or simply really really annoying long ones that just eat time and give little to no exp.

Question work like this: they lure you with ely and tiny bit of exp (that looks like a lot to you) and send you to kill lots and lots of monsters, which in total may or not result in more exp. Monsters you kill + quest reward exp = exp you get. For some quests the mobs you kill give you far more then what the quests gives for killing them. So, make sure you always kill whats worth your time!

Bellow route A or B are alternatives, choose one or mix it up, but typically any of the two will get you there. Route A is always recommended, though it if you're completely new you may have some trouble with following route A in some cases (for variate of reasons), then just use B.

Best exp is in party! Bellow 35-40 don't even bother with quests that ask you to kill XX amount of stuff (etc), just go grind. Even solo grind bellow 35 is better then quests. At 90+ almost all quests are either decent or good.

Ignore the monster color! If they give you good exp they are good, it doesn't matter if the monster is gray or red. When calculating exp also take into account how many you can kill per minute. Lots of monsters are generally better then really tough ones, and they also get better and better as you go since you kill faster and faster.

1 to 30
  • Prirings
  • Beetles G
  • Wolfs
  • Wild Boars
  • Gelatin Cubes
  • Goblins
  • Poison Bettle G
  • Behemoth Germ Spore (all of em') or skip to... (see next)
  • Red Crop Field Betles
  • Lanterns, or straight to... (see next)

30 to 45~50

Route A.
  • Spooky (you require party to get in). [you can go at 30, and its good till around 45]

• Go for Whisp first, they give lots of exp but die hard. They suck SP but do very low HP damage, so if you solo just make sure to get out of the way when skills are in cooldown.
    • Move to Goblins when you can, these unlike Whisps do good deal of damage but give more exp.
    • Move to Ghosts when Goblins are no good anymore, these give far better exp then goblins but hit harder.

Route B. (the hard way)
  • Mouth Peach (map with Instance) OR White Tiger/Mouth Peach (and do related quests) to almost 38-40.
  • Do the Jack O' Lantern quest, and Flunk Ninja quest, they give lots of exp.
  • Some ninja quests, until you get White ninja OR (see next) White Ninja
  • White ninjas (until you can find a 3rd member for prispiring)
    Location: Dark Moon Castle, room with Iris stone in basement.
  • Prispiring (until you can do Stego) - normal (ie. non-bronto) stego are better then strong ones in a scatter party and easier for a lot of classes.
  • Strong Stego (if you kill really fast), the spawn at Strong is better, but beware of bronto(s)

45 - 60

Start doing quests, pick and choose but basically any quest that doesn't take too long is good. Pyramid quests are not bad in particular. The monsters they send you to hunt are generally decent exp. The only problem with pyramid monsters is the spawn, besides skeletons things like mumies while very good exp only spawn in miserly groups of 2 or 3.
  • Skeletons (there's a map at the left side in the pyramid with only them)
  • Dino Land (kill EVERYTHING). Go though "Time Gate" to get there. General path: Purple hushu > Sabertooth Tiger (with bronto, for quest) > Stego > Strong Stego (map with brontos, its better spawn)

You shouldn't have to do too much grinding but you will likely be faced with the need to do at least some just for that extra push between levels (assuming you're solo). If you are in party just grind away, its faster then quests at this point.

60 - 75

Route A.
  • Spooky again. Same instructions, only this time go to lv60 room. If at 60 you don't have party, get someone to party you and just solo Whisps.
Route B.
  • Crabs till around 64-66. (get sphinx) OR (see next)
  • Neo Navy in 4man Team with a Tank; have at least close to 27 accuracy
  • At around 64+ most classes can do freeway parties.
  • Duo navy or more freeway in the 70s.
  • More navy OR do 3-4 man scatter party at freeway

75 - 80

Route A.
  • Toad
Route B.
  • More navy OR do 3-4 man scatter party at freeway

Past 80:

Discrepancy between players and classes tends to skyrocket (understatement). If you see your friend level faster then you don't worry, that's normal. If you see your friend kill X monster 10 levels before you even think you can try, don't worry its normal. All you need to worry is what you can kill and kill it! (in a party)

At 85 ~ 90 a lot of classes (but not all) suffer from low damage, or the "not enough skill points" problem. Don't worry about it, just get though somehow - you shouldn't be too crippled. If you do feel crippled, you may have picked the wrong skills at 80. Make sure to save skill points before you get the skills, unless you're prepared to reset nonstop.

Route A.
  • Toad
Route B. (the hard way)
  • Grells
  • Hippos, Then campers, or just stick to hippos
  • Corolas (map with Instance is better then Aquarium portal one)

Next...
  • Burgers
  • Periot or Hamham (hamham are higher level but same exp)
  • Black nins (Owl)
  • Red nins (Owl)
  • Mermaid room (if you need items there)
  • [obsolete] Kais

The level at which you should move on to the next is the level where you gain less exp (per minute) from killing monsters at the current locations compared to killing at next location; or otherwise party factors (level gaps, etc.)

Initial levels can be skipped by iris stone jumping. This is highly unrecommended as the exp you gain is dependent on your level so at level 60 or so when you were suppose to reach it you gain 140,000, but at levels 1 or 10 you get 10,000 at most (just a example, numbers are not accurate).

Depending on what class you are and if you are in party going to which location may vary to as much as 10 levels (after 90 even 20). Also level gap differs depending on mob/level and your current level so at 40 you might not get away with more then 10 lvls between players while at 100+ you can do 20 even.

Very common misconception...

Experience is shared always if you are on the same map and the same channel (by same map I also mean you must not be on bits of it separated by gates).

If you meet that criteria but see "Out of range" do not worry about it! Experience is still shared (see for yourself the exp %). What that message indicates is only that loot is not shared.

Party

Types of party, efficiency depends on situation and your team. When I say "cell" I'm referring to players that stick very very close to each other and also attack same mobs. By scatter I mean everyone is going after their own mobs and has their own little piece of the map where they hunt. Scatter is favorite on maps with a lot of platforms or wide open space to cover, since it reducing pointless running around. After 90 you should get used to mostly doing scatter party.
  • 2-man party working as single cell. Good defense, decent exp; for small maps or small grind zones prefer this.
  • 2-man scatter is better (almost always) but make sure you can kill efficiently solo. This is usually preferred @ 90+ levels.
  • 3-man party working as single cell. Same as above good for either dangerous maps or otherwise elites.
  • 3-man party with either 3 single cells, or something like tank+weak-hp-dps in one cell and more universal class (warrior for example) in another. Good for big maps, or when level gap between players is a lil big; exp is still better then solo.
  • 4-man party working as single cell. Either really really dangerous maps (or just boss raids) or really high level mobs; a popular one is lv58's @ navy with one as tank, can work well (make sure you have 27 or close to that accuracy however).
  • 4-man party with either 2 two-cell teams or scatter or combination of both (ex. @ freeway).

Last edited by Setyroth; 09-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Contradiction is on a distinguished road

i've gotten a question,
I use prime xp pots[500%] to get me 4 levels per. but since level 46-52 have been barley getting 2. is there a problem where am grinding? am in dessert area fighting some green stuff. =3
current level : 52. should be= 54 D=

Behind The meaning of life.
||Pandabearx3||Duelist||Level: 140||Vacation
||xDuh||Level: 163|| Farming mule
||iExpectation|| Warrior|| Level: 70|| Active

Been here since: 8/Dec/09
Will be here tell: A New Deity Starts with me.

12-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

QerK is on a distinguished road
IGN: Tungul
Class: Meister
Level: 11x
Guild: Century

you should try mummies/skeletons (party or solo) or stegos (party or solo) during those levels.

12-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Contradiction is on a distinguished road

^
Thanks for the response, they are in pryimaid ruins correct?

o and on topic:
Thanks for this tremendous guide, i bet it took a while.I've read every last of it, and i think i actually learned somethig =P

Behind The meaning of life.
||Pandabearx3||Duelist||Level: 140||Vacation
||xDuh||Level: 163|| Farming mule
||iExpectation|| Warrior|| Level: 70|| Active

Been here since: 8/Dec/09
Will be here tell: A New Deity Starts with me.

12-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Metalzdragon will become famous soon enoughMetalzdragon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Bolthead
Class: Disturbing looking robot master with long arms
Level: TLTL: Too-Lazy-To-Level

You probably should include which levels the spots are for. You should also put what maps specifically these mobs spawn in and which map is the best to kill them in.

Also Coralas are at Abyss Ruins not Aquarium.

EDIT: Wtf is a HamHam? A Hameha or some slang for Medium Set?

Last edited by Metalzdragon; 12-15-2009 at 02:49 PM.

12-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
Nue
(・ω・`)

Nue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura about
Class: NEET lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Puella Magi

Talking about the corolas near the instance, and the one next to the aquarium map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setyroth
  • Farm valks

12-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

^ ya, that's why I said "open to suggestions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalzdragon
You probably should include which levels the spots are for. You should also put what maps specifically these mobs spawn in and which map is the best to kill them in.
Its situational. Lets see, if you're a gunslinger/bard go burgers at like 95, otherwise 100. If you're dps/wind sorc/knight go stego at 45; and I've seen wipe's at 52. So ya, go there when you're ready, only order is about the same (almost).

At best I could give you a maximum level.

Quote:
Also Coralas are at Abyss Ruins not Aquarium.
I'm only saying where its best to go, not where they are.

Quote:
EDIT: Wtf is a HamHam? A Hameha or some slang for Medium Set?
Aquarium mob. OH so keep making a big typo out of their silly names =P sry keep forgetting what they're called. "Hamshells"? "Ham-something"? XD

01-05-2010   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Inert is on a distinguished road

I'm sort of confused; if your "too far away" you still gain experience? I'm questioning this because I tried the 2-man scatter party and so far I don't gain experience from my leveling partner.

Unless the 2-man scatter party focuses on both cells killing extremely fast so that monsters respawn faster.

Another question:Would it be faster to duo party in the lower levels(1-40)? Actually when should you stop duo partying and start triple partying?

01-06-2010   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inert
I'm sort of confused; if your "too far away" you still gain experience? I'm questioning this because I tried the 2-man scatter party and so far I don't gain experience from my leveling partner.
You do gain experience, as long as the following are met...
  • You and your partner(s) are on the same map (which is not be confused with Area, map as in the exact same sub-map of the area).
  • You and your partner(s) are on the same channel.
  • Your partner gains experience when killing the target monster.
You know you are getting experience by looking at either the % in the top left corner or on the System Message box. When you both are attacking the same monster the experience is split between you (with the sum being generally equal to what you get solo) and you each gain both of them. So say you are killing something that gives 2000 exp solo, in party of 2 you get around 1800 if you solo it, and if you both attack and have very similar damage output you will see that 1800 split into two numbers of approximately 900 each and you will each gain both of them so in total you gain 900+900 = 1800.

As for the 2nd question, you go more then 2 when either you rush forward (as in party at stego in the 38~40, party at navys at 58~) or otherwise face somewhat dangerous mobs, generally thats still rushing forward (eg. freeway, corola). If you scatter the experience will be good regardless of how many you are as long as you are not all running around the map too much.

01-06-2010   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Inert is on a distinguished road

I tested whether or not you you gain experience if you're "too far away"; And it seems like you don't get any experience from your partner. Though let me double check. I'll post my results in a few minutes.

Results: You don't get any experience from you partner if you're "too far away". I checked my percentage and system message and nothing changed.

The following conditions were met though:

Same map.
Same channel
My partner gained experience but I didn't.

So does this mean that the scatter 2 man party doesn't work?

Last edited by Inert; 01-06-2010 at 01:23 PM.

01-06-2010   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

QerK is on a distinguished road
IGN: Tungul
Class: Meister
Level: 11x
Guild: Century

the "scatter" party works ONLY if you see yourself AND your party member(s) on the mini map. if they disappear from the mini map, meaning they are too far away, then you will not gain exp from their kill.

01-08-2010   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

TehPanda is on a distinguished road
IGN: AeroPandaXD
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: Lv 11x(Iunno where to grind XD)
Guild: Slayer

Forget My Previous question...

Shouldnt u grind lizards from 80-90 (Solo if Possible...)
but Most likely go with eithier a pt of 4 or 3...

Last edited by TehPanda; 01-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.

01-08-2010   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inert
I tested whether or not you you gain experience if you're "too far away"; And it seems like you don't get any experience from your partner. Though let me double check. I'll post my results in a few minutes.

Results: You don't get any experience from you partner if you're "too far away". I checked my percentage and system message and nothing changed.

The following conditions were met though:

Same map.
Same channel
My partner gained experience but I didn't.

So does this mean that the scatter 2 man party doesn't work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by QerK
the "scatter" party works ONLY if you see yourself AND your party member(s) on the mini map. if they disappear from the mini map, meaning they are too far away, then you will not gain exp from their kill.
I know I tested as well as other have tested it too and it worked, and I'm hardly the only one who thinks it works at the moment (lol). I'll recheck and post screenshots... the b@stards could have changed it >=/ Nowhere near a latale client atm so it might take a while.

01-09-2010   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

TehPanda is on a distinguished road
IGN: AeroPandaXD
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: Lv 11x(Iunno where to grind XD)
Guild: Slayer

Lizard grinds tend to be easier if u have a power blader with u to do dmg and a gs to attks from behind doing extra dmg....... or maybe a bard if u cant find the other 2 clazzes

03-06-2010   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Zeryu has a spectacular aura aboutZeryu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Zeryu Send a message via Skype™ to Zeryu
IGN: Noriko
Class: Asuka-to-be lu_arien
Level: 7x
Guild: Lunatic

Hey guys,hope this thread is still a little active so someone can answer my question:
I'm a Lv.40 Dagger Treasure Hunter and 95% of the time i party with a Mage,she's also 40 and using water/heal.
We currently leveled to 40 at Cherry Ghosts and using Ninja Quests. So at 40 is it okay to move on to white ninjas if we work as 'single cell'? Also until when should we stay there and where should we go after that?
Thanks in advance x)

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

03-06-2010   #16 (permalink)
Pokemangz Masta 1-10umad?
Special Games
La Tale
Awards Twitter Fan

LolJaen will become famous soon enoughLolJaen will become famous soon enough
Guild: ShiningRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryu
Hey guys,hope this thread is still a little active so someone can answer my question:
I'm a Lv.40 Dagger Treasure Hunter and 95% of the time i party with a Mage,she's also 40 and using water/heal.
We currently leveled to 40 at Cherry Ghosts and using Ninja Quests. So at 40 is it okay to move on to white ninjas if we work as 'single cell'? Also until when should we stay there and where should we go after that?
Thanks in advance x)
Skip Ninjas,Head to Spooky Goblins Lv.30 and stick around till 50 then go to Mothmen in Toad Forest.

How am i supposed to be who i'll be if i am who i am?"

03-11-2010   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaezu
Skip Ninjas,Head to Spooky Goblins Lv.30 and stick around till 50 then go to Mothmen in Toad Forest.

You sure about the mossmen?
We grinded to 50 at Goblins which worked really well,but moss men die slow and hit hard. We can't kill more then like 2 at once or we'll die xD

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

03-11-2010   #18 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Redz will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrimLuck
Class: Maestro/Ministrel lt_bard
Level: 194/193
Guild: SolarBreak
Xfire: Grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaezu
NO mothman fail like zeryu said they hit to hard.

Credit: Noperative

03-11-2010   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redz
NO mothman fail like zeryu said they hit to hard.
any other suggestion at 50? Are super pigs okay? O= Is there anything better?

03-11-2010   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

boredboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: HappyEvil
Class: Poop lt_gunslinger
Level: 10x
Guild: FrenchBread

Lol hi Zer, I was actually grinding on mountain pigs until 52... when i upgraded my dagger, i went to the other pigs for a level, then i went to mossmen...