ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven
Default The Guide To Not Dying

This is also known as the "Common Sense" guide to some of you long-time players. Credit also goes to Lime (when to use KB attacks) and xFu(when to upgrade armors and use PG/pots). Gogo the usefulness of feedback!

Yeah, lame guide, I know. But it has recently occurred to me that such a thing is needed. Why, you may ask.... Well, I've seen at least 5 people die today. Within an hour. These people were level 90 or higher and just don't know their limit, I suppose. Either that or they were ill-equipped to handle level 90ish mobs. This guide will be short and sweet, and will probably help new players go from through the 1st job to 2nd job transition. Because as we all know, the game changes pace a bit after level 80(and especially after level 100). I'll also mention some of the other points needed to become a "successful high leveled player".

How To Equip Yourself
  • Enchant for stamina early on, and I mean loads of it
  • Enchant your shoes for SPEED for now
  • Make sure your weapon is decent with max/min damage multipliers on it
  • Always have a high leveled shield in your second weapon slot
  • Use rings, earrings and elemental stones for extra enchanting space
  • At level 110, get yourself a pair of decent glasses, bindis, stockings and elemental case/rabana mantle if possible

I bet you're asking "why stamina?", well, it's simple. Chances are you won't need all that stamina, but it will allow you to see how much stamina you need to survive. You might need it all, or you might only need a few equips enchanted for stamina. One stamina point raises your HP by 6 points, so keep that in mind. Later on down the line, you can enchant for strength/magic. You do not need to upgrade your armor every 10 levels, but if you keep dying, then you should start upgrading.

As for the shoes having speed, this is so you can flee from mobs quicker. Speed is also a very convenient thing to have for traveling. However, you may switch to physical evasion later on down the line. Physical evasion doesn't do much until you get 40%~50% or higher, so you can stick with speed until level 100~110ish.

The damage multipliers are self explanatory. I suggest max damage over min, since it gives you more chances to provide constant knock back if your character is a gunslinger/bow TH/water user/etc. If you can get both, that's even better.

The shield in the second slot is for guarding. If your pots are in a cool down state and you're up against a large monster/monsters who can swat you from the sky, you need to run or duck until you can pot up again. However, for shorter monsters, you can keep jumping (but never stop jumping) until you're able to fully heal.

I've seen quite a few level 90+ people that didn't have enchanted earrings/rings/elemental stones... Some didn't have any of these things. It is wise to have a decent earrings/rings/elemental stones for the purpose of having more stat boosts. The level 90 earrings and level 100 ring are also very useful for most people, so getting a decent pair of those is recommended.

At level 110, three types of items become available to you for a decent price. Bindis, stockings and glasses all have stat boosts on them and they often cost 50k-1m depending on how good they are. Glasses can boost accuracy, stockings can boost evasion and bindis can boost any stat. Bindis and glasses also boost elemental intensity, so that's useful for all you magic users out there. There's also weapon/elemental cases out there, which you can get as early as level 40. However, most players can't afford them until later on. A rabana mantle is a godly thing if you get it to +4, but it can cost well over 40m... Just putting that out there.

How To Grind
  • Always have a partner grinding with you, if you can
  • NEVER jump in the middle of a big mob (4+ constitutes as big)
  • When to use special skills/strong skills
  • Always use pots if you're grinding when your HP is 75% or lower
  • Save EXP boosting potions for x2 exp or your Iris Buff
  • Hotkey special pots/warp items

It's been proven that you can get more EXP with more people in your party. Two is the magic number on most mobs, however, if a map is big enough, you can grind with two or three more people for even more EXP. It's best to keep the drops on "in order gathering" or "random" unless you want to distribute every item you find... Which will slow up your grinding.

Most moves can't effectively knock back more than 3ish monsters, so a mob of 4 or more monster will stunlock you to death. If you have a partner, you might be able to clear the mob, but it's still risky if the monsters hit hard. You can use long distanced attacks to draw some monsters out, and eventually some will walk towards you because they're jerks (). Keep doing this until the mob is cleared. Always watch your back as well, because you might get ambushed from behind.

In the rare case of you being in a decent sized mob, you should always save s strong move for an emergency. When you're getting low on HP, you can use the strong move to knock them back/up in the air/etc so you can finish them off without taking any more damage. Some examples of these moves would be most tier II attacks, as well as ice storm, push turrets, any meister skill and various launching attacks. Critical hits usually knockback as well, so if you have a move that's sort of mediocre and you hit crits a lot. Moves with mediocre damage that hit quickly for multiple times often knocks back a monster as well. There is one move known as Perfect Guard(Templars) that takes about a second to cast and renders you invincible for some seconds. If you're at 20%~30% HP and your pots are cooling down, use this skill. OR! When in doubt, use this skill.

Always use pots before you need to. To elaborate, if you have 300/2800 HP, you need to use a pot. If you have 2000/2800 HP, you don't need to use a pot, but it would be wise to in spawn-heavy maps. This way you're at full health and your pots have time to cool down. If you're in an area where monsters don't attack fast or mob up fast, then you don't have to follow this. At places like Nez, Coralas and other heavy-spawn maps; you should follow this.

You can use Prime Pots and whatnot while you're not on x2 exp or on your Iris Buff. There is no problem with doing so. However, you will save potions/ely if you use them with other EXP buffs. You gain more exp within the hour, so you save potions/ely in the end. It's not much of a savings, but you will be needing all the ely you can get your hands on for better weapons and armor. Enchanting is very expensive as well (300k-500k per fully enchanted item, depending where you stop). Potions will also cost you 1,000,000 ely or more from this point on unless you have a bard/are a bard. It's basically to take full advantage of the stacked EXP buffs. More profit for less effort, etc.

If you get in a pinch, drastic measures are required. The use of astro pots (cherry pots and grape pots) is needed. The pots cost a lot, but I believe that lovely 3% of your exp and 2% of your on-hand cash is more important than one or two measly pots. If you don't have any of those items, using an iris stone or warp capsule is your next choice. Make sure the warp items are on a key that's far from your normal keys, but easy to quickly push. Otherwise you'll find yourself warping all over the place while training. Save at an iris stone near your training spot and use Iris stones. They are cheap and it saves you the loading screen/having to walk all the way back to your training spot.

How To Do Quests and Scenarios
  • It's quicker to get quests done with a group
  • Always have a higher leveled person help with scenarios
  • Do every quest you can from level 50 and on, since they will prove to be faster than grinding
  • When to do quild quests

If you have a group of people who need the same quests, it's a win-win situation to work together. Not only will you get done faster, but so will they. It's also cheaper, because some quest monsters from 80 on are difficult to solo without using quite a few pots.

Scenarios are difficult, so yeah, that's why you need a level 130+ person with you. Some high leveled folks are willing to help, so just ask nicely if need be. You should also ask around if there's other folks who need the scenario so you can save them the trouble of having to find their own party.

This is the most important thing. If you don't do quests from this point on, you may as well quit. Quests are the main source of income for all players (sans you rich people out there). Quests also provide gobs of EXP, items and guild points. Not doing them is a waste of your time. In between questing is when you will grind to get that extra 10%~20% you need to level. That's why leveling in Latale is easier compared to other tedious MMO's.

Guild quests are different from normal quests. You get a bunch of scaling exp (so you get the same percentage regardless of your level) and you get a lot of guild points. However, you usually LOSE ely in the process of completing one. If you have the funds, do them whenever you can. It also costs 200k-5m depending which quests you get. If you manage to get all 10 quests done, you will gain around 200% worth of EXP and you get quite a lot of guild points. It's almost impossible to do these quests by yourself unless you are over level 150+, due to the need of soloing bosses such as Sphinx or Pandora X amount of times as well as kill high leveled mobs. I suggest doing these for the sake of getting easy EXP as well as getting more guild points for your guild; though keep it mind it is very costly.
Side note: You can only do these quests 4 days after you complete/got your last quest. Don't be surprised if you get stuck at the 5th~10th quests.

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 12-08-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

Great idea here Phenyl, a lot of people have trouble adjusting to the level 100+ game actually, as the curve in damage mobs deal goes up quite a bit.

If i had any suggestion to add to your guide it would be this; though you somewhat touched on the issue; know how well your skills KB mobs. When a mob has your hp down, use the skills that 'bounce' them or maybe even move your ownself to lower the number of hits they'll land, it may make the difference between finishing them off or needing to run, nerfing your exp over time by a bit.

For example, on my guardian, once my hp drops below half in a fight, i'll almost always pull off the same combo: Twin Fists> Flame Kick >Crescent Kick > Dragon kick. The bouncing keeps them from hitting me as my pots cool down while still dealing damage.

To me, the 'tiers' of Defense in this game are Range > Knockback > Stamina/Defense > Evasion > Speed.

+ Rep for an original guide idea~

12-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
xFu
/gg FTW! Regular

xFu is on a distinguished road
Guild: N/A

Accuracy is highly recommended. In some situations, if you are low on Hp, a miss means no kb which means your enemy can attack you until you get your next skill off.
Note: This may not always apply (i.e. You are a gunslinger).

Another thing that is very important is armor. You do not necessarily need to upgrade armor every 10 levels. However, even a ten levels worth of armor makes a large difference cumulatively (you have five pieces of armor). If you are 20 levels off of your armor and dying quite a bit, it should be obvious that you need to upgrade.

Templars... Perfect Guard is NOT a last second "Omg you have 200 hp left use PG" situation. During the activation time, you can still get hit...and because you are not attacking while activating it, your enemies most likely get a cheap shot at you before it starts. An unsuccessful use of Perfect Guard can result in a death that you normally would not have to worry about (i.e. the whole mob happens to crit you).

12-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, I suppose that's a good idea to add as well. As for the Templar thing, I wouldn't know... Is there ever a point where their HP reaches 200 or lower? xD But yeah, I'll add the knockback/PG usage/armor upgrading where it needs to be. I added a little blurb for each one. I can't seem to make it any shorter than it is: GOGOFAILINGTOBEBLUNT!

At any rate, if there's anything else, feel free to suggest it! No suggestion is too stupi- scratch that. I know someone's going to say something like "enchant for luck because it gives you more avoid!" or "if you're a bard you need a party because they are gonna lose tier II water skills and evil sound sucks!"

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 12-07-2009 at 04:17 PM.

12-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
xFu
/gg FTW! Regular

I haven't reached 200 hp while training since... ... ...anyways...

I suppose it might be worth saying that there are Ely skills and that if you do have omgzorz millions of Ely to spend, it might be worth getting the Stamina one (I think Ely skills are the LAST thing to ever spend money on).

12-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works

Ultimate Not Dying Tip:
Slack. Sit in Town. Don't train.

But one question, I really love this guide and all, but when would it be a good time to do guild quests, and why? D:

And I kind of disagree with the speed comment... I didn't really have much speed and it still saved my life, and you can still hot key an Iris stone when you are near death, which saves one IW. Physical evasion sounds really good though, and accuracy > damage. What's the point of 999 Str/Sta/Mag/Luk if you have -100 Accuracy?

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

12-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
xFu
/gg FTW! Regular

Default O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturiaPendragon
Ultimate Not Dying Tip:
Slack. Sit in Town. Don't train.

But one question, I really love this guide and all, but when would it be a good time to do guild quests, and why? D:

And I kind of disagree with the speed comment... I didn't really have much speed and it still saved my life, and you can still hot key an Iris stone when you are near death, which saves one IW. Physical evasion sounds really good though, and accuracy > damage. What's the point of 999 Str/Sta/Mag/Luk if you have -100 Accuracy?
I cannot believe I forgot the ultimate safeguard...

Hotkeyed Iris Stones!!! Another alternative are instant reg pots or 'almost' instant reg pots.

- Cherry Pots
- Grape Pots
- Purple Pots from the 333 event
- God/King Guidebooks

12-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Added. Derp.

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 12-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.

12-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Deadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Deadeye87
Class: Treasure Hunter lt_treasurehunter

No one mentioned not letting monsters creep up behind you?

When you get to owl castle ninjas, this gets especially annoying. ALL the ninjas have an uncommon but deadly multi hit combo; from personal experience blacks do 3 hits while reds do 5. They also seem to have extra back attack damage compared to other mobs.

Stunlock usually means death. To get out of stunlock use a skill before your character goes squish squish, or jump and get knocked back out of a sandwiching mob.

12-08-2009   #10 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

if you use a pot you get out of stuck for like a split second.

12-08-2009   #11 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye87
No one mentioned not letting monsters creep up behind you?
"Most moves can't effectively knock back more than 3ish monsters, so a mob of 4 or more monster will stunlock you to death. If you have a partner, you might be able to clear the mob, but it's still risky if the monsters hit hard. You can use long distanced attacks to draw some monsters out, and eventually some will walk towards you because they're jerks. Keep doing this until the mob is cleared. Always watch your back as well, because you might get ambushed from behind."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye87
Stunlock usually means death. To get out of stunlock use a skill before your character goes squish squish, or jump and get knocked back out of a sandwiching mob.
Getting tripped is just as bad, if you get stun locked, you better warp out. If you trip, monsters will swarm to you and get even more back attacks in, just repeating the process all over again until you are dead. If you can somehow get flung far-far-away or get up really fast, then you might be able to save yourself. If you find yourself in a huge mob by accident, run away or warp out. Unless you like dying and stuff.

@KouNeeSama

I doubt that split second would help. It's so minuscule that I haven't noticed it over the millions of times I have used a pot. ._." Maybe a gif/video to confirm this would be nice? Maybe it's just my connection.