ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven
Default A Mid-Level's Guide To Clearing Moon Of The 16th day

I have seen many people complain about how tough the Dark Moon Princess is, as well as her cute little demi-god friend. So I figure I'd make this simple guide for sh**s and giggles. You all probably know how the Dark Moon Princess works and how Tengu works, but some people still don't understand. So I'll start off with what you need first, followed by a few easy strategies that will help you defeat her at level 50 with a party of 4... WITHOUT dying.

Also, the first guy is a piece of cake... So I won't mention him after this. If you die while fighting him with your party mates, you should probably pack up and go home. Or level some more. Or fix your connection. Seriously.

Another bit of advice... You won't be needing a healer for this. Wind/Earth wizards will probably be the biggest help(s) in this situation... Believe it or not... They have more opportunities to deal higher damage from afar since their attacks deal 400-1000 per strike. They also happen to be the frailest party members. SQUISHY SQUISHY!

Necessities
Well, first of all, you need the latest armor, enchanted with STAMINA. Your character's HP and defense should come first, and attacking power second. This will run you about 500k. Be sure to have earrings and rings enchanted for stamina as well. Also, enchanting your gloves for accuracy would work in your favor more so than critical damage. If you are a physical unit, use STRENGTH as a secondary enchant, and MAGIC as a secondary enchant if you're a wizard... That's pretty much common sense...

Get a nice weapon, and enchant it for max damage/min damage... And if you are feeling unsure, enchant it for more accuracy. Wizards do not need to go all out with accuracy, instead, they can just get other elemental novice masteries (which will add more magical accuracy).

You will also need 150-250 HP/Combo/MP pots to ensure your total safety. If you have no-cool-down pots, then your life will also be MUCH easier. You'd only need 10-40 of them in case of an emergency.

Lastly, you need the Behemoth Adventurer title. Make sure it's on before you get to Tengu and the DMP.

The Miniature Wind Bag: Tengu
Tengu has the same exact AI as the Dark Moon Princess (so scroll down if needed), however, his attacks can have priority in the front AND back, thus making his moves harder to avoid or guard against. I can give you tips to defeat Tengu easily, though.

Play Tag:
That's right. Play tag. You hit him a few times and run. Then your party mates also hit him a few times, and run. Tengu is really easy if you never get hit or have him leave you alone for a bit... So this strategy works for the level 50's-60's. Keep this going and Tengu won't be able to get many attacks in. He has three standard attacks.

-He swings a fan once, dealing about 200-500 damage. It's hard to dodge this attack since it's so fast, but it's his weakest one.

-He quickly swings a fan three times, causing massive knock back to character who are in the front and back of him. It's also hard to dodge this attack, and it also deals 200-500 damage per hit (so 200~500x2).

-He holds his fan and concentrates, causing a gust of wind to explode, causing 700-1600 damage as well as making your character fly way back. It attacks the front and back, about 4 character-lengths both ways. It's easy to run, if you can't run fast enough, DUCK.

Tengu isn't tough, but oddly enough, he hits higher than the Dark Moon Princess. So if your HP is not high enough to survive Tengu, then chances are you cannot survive the Dark Moon Princess. GET MORE STAMINA OR LEVEL UP!

Her Royal Annoyance: The Dark Moon Princess
The Dark Moon Princess has one of the most simple patterns imaginable, so I'll break it down and keep it just as simple.

-She attacks whoever is in front of her or whoever is near her, even if they don't attack her first
-She attacks those who are closer first
-She tends to only attack folks who are in range of her attacks (if no one is attacking her, but is near her)
-She chases whoever she is focused on, and will not stop chasing them until they out-run her from one side to the other, or until someone attacks her one or two times. Then she will change targets. (She's a fickle lady)

As for her attacks... She has two that have a high vertical range, and two that have a long horizontal range. Two moves cause damage over time, whilst one makes it where you can't move. That's all you need to know. Her moves all deal 200-500, but she attacks roughly one time every 1-1.5 seconds. A good thing to keep in mind is: NEVER HAVE YOUR BACK TO THE DARK MOON PRINCESS (for obvious reasons) I'll give you specific ways to deal with her next.

Operation Peak-A-Boo:
This is a sure fired way to take her down if you’re good at guarding. You may also have a shield (enchanted for defense) in your other weapon-set up. You get a team of four to get the Dark Moon Princes in the center of the room. Two will be on one side of her, two on the other. Once you have this done, the people who she is facing must DUCK and stay ducked. Your two party mates who are behind her will attack her until she turns around. When she turns around to face the attackers, they will duck and the ones who were previously ducking will now attack her.

This will go on for a good thirty minutes or less until she is dead. If you have a shield, switch to it when you duck for more protection. The Dark Moon Princess usually fires 2-5 attacks before turning around to face her attacker, so be prepared and always use your strongest attacks first.

(Fun diagram time!)
X= Duckers
O= Attackers
< or > = DMP and the way she’s facing

XX < OO
Or
OO > XX

Simple, no? She WILL NOT run away. If you are dangerously low on HP, take the opportunity to run away and sit in a corner/heal up a bit. She shouldn't chase you. If she does chase you, then your party mates must attack her constantly to draw her attention away from you.

Operation Infatuation:
Okay, this is going to sound really weird. Get three mages (or any far-distance-attackers) and a templar, warrior or anyone with high HP or high defense. As stated before, she only attacks those who are closest to her... So she'll be obsessed with the someone who is right in front of her versus people who stand far away from her. If a person stands way back (like until they see the Dark Moon Princess at the edge of their screen) they can attack her safely without her turning around! This is easy for the mages, but hard for the person the Dark Moon Princess is attacking. The person must attack her a few times, then duck right in front of her. The mages must stand way back and attack her. That's it.

She rarely, if every, goes off to attack the distant-attackers...As long as they are far back (like the far business end of earth magic/wind magic). And girls, if you think it'll be hard to attract the Dark Moon Princess... Well, don't worry, she goes both ways. So it should be easy to keep her attention for long periods of times.

(More fun diagram time!)
X= Duckers
O= Distant Attackers
< or > = Dark Moon Princess

X< _____ OOO
or
OOO _____ >X

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_ ~_~_~

That's it. I know it's long, but if you are level 50, and have 3 friends who are also level 50... Then you might want to use a strategy listed here to make your life easier. As to GETTING to the Moon Of The 16th day, it's easy if you follow the map. The only real problem is the maze... Here's a VERY nifty guide/map (I take no credit for it) to help you out! -> /forum/latale-genera...aze-guide.html

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 09-16-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Grammar tweaking!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

This person speaks the truth. +rep.

I also want to add that it's fine for your party to die once or twice while fighting these two... that was Phenyl and I's fate when we tried at first. :[ *has yet to do this scenario and is lv. 67*

09-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuno
*has yet to do this scenario and is lv. 67*
same, but i'm 80..

09-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

I tried to contact you, Miyou! But you were AFK at cannons or something when I wanted to go do it. >:(

Oh and yeah, I suppose it's fine to die a few times. But you can avoid death by abusing the DMP's lame AI. The Tengu is harder to work with, however... DMP just takes longer.

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 09-16-2009 at 12:34 PM.

09-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

the only problem with her, for what i remember, is the fact that she spam skills so much i often couldn't even walk away (and being a flat space you can't hide here and there like you can with tengu)

09-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Obitus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Obitus Send a message via MSN to Obitus
IGN: HeroRyu
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 9x
Guild: BulletProof

I would just get a +80 member to do the run for me. I know a lvl90 blader that went through it with ease.

HeroRyu - Blader - lvl9x

09-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obitus
I would just get a +80 member to do the run for me. I know a lvl90 blader that went through it with ease.
if it's for the first time scenario, can't do, you need people who haven't done the scenario yet

09-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
if it's for the first time scenario, can't do, you need people who haven't done the scenario yet
This!

Also, the scenario isn't easy if you're level 50-60, AKA: the level you should be doing the scenario. You COULD wait, but that's just lame. Why wait when you can do it now? Procrastination isn't always good (it's just good 99% of the time). This lil thing (even if it's mostly useless) might help someone... Maybe. <_<

09-16-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La Tale

Jady will become famous soon enough

Really nice guide *__*

Lol, when I was level 6x, I just charged in and hoped to kill DMP. The rest of my party were squishy explorers >__>

Took about an hour, lol =(

09-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

+rep for truth.

Just at thought. Though the wind blast is Tengu's weakest it does the most damage for high levels. That is when the one fighting is more of a defense and not magic defensive person.
(attempting to solo)

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

09-16-2009   #11 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Well, Tengu can easily hit a big fat 1.5k(sometimes even higher) with that wind attack of his. So I could imagine someone with no wind resistance would have a problem with that attack. But... That particular attack is easy to see (since he takes about a second to charge it up) and it should give you enough time to run. If you have over 3k HP, you shouldn't have a problem soloing it. His constant attacks don't help out much. If you're a mage or bard, you're going to have a hard time dealing with Tengu. Yay slow attack animations and such!

I "played tag" as a water wizard at level 52. I got 1/4th of his HP down after a while. I was also alone. So Tengu isn't hard if he doesn't hit you. The key phrase there is "IF HE DOESN'T"... <.<;

09-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Woops, sorry about that. D: I haven't done anything in the game but afk ever since the cannons were released. Can't wait until it's Wednesday and the event is over. Q_Q So I won't be tempted by those cannons again.

Did you do the scenario already, Phenyl?

09-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

now that i think of it, dmp is pure phys damage or could some elem res help ?
you should add this :f

09-17-2009   #14 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuno
Woops, sorry about that. D: I haven't done anything in the game but afk ever since the cannons were released. Can't wait until it's Wednesday and the event is over. Q_Q So I won't be tempted by those cannons again.

Did you do the scenario already, Phenyl?
Yup. I got the Sphinx Scenario now, but I'm going to wait for that one. Probably until level 60 or 70. Sorry I didn't wait for you, but the people I was with were REALLY impatient... And you were REALLY AFK.

@ KouNeeSama

Honestly, I can't tell if any of her attacks have any elemental attributes attached to them or not. Anyone could assume that two of her attacks have fire and water attributes, but as you know, this is Latale. And what you see isn't always what you get. Though, seeing how they don't deal more damage than her other attacks (at least from what I saw), they might just be like normal bow explorer attacks (only stronger, faster and more broken). Also! If anything, all her attacks are PHYSICAL, so defense should be enough. If there are any elements attached, then it'll be like having a fire damage attribute on a dagger.

Ducking should be enough to counter her attacks, especially if you use one of the little "operations". As for SOLOING her... Well, this guide is for MID-LEVELS (as in you'll need a party and you'll be level 47-60), not lollevel80soloingDMP. You should know what to do after the DMP scenario anyway... Assuming you have done it at least once.

If you are around that level (80+), I still suggest taking 1~3 level 47's-60's with you just so they can get the scenario done too. It'll be easier for you, not to mention you help out three people. Yay for being nice!

09-17-2009   #15 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

i don't think i can solo her lol
i just can never find a party, when someone says ok the next time you hear them they've done it, it's like people get anxious and would spam at everyone to do it as soon as possible, so i just /meh at it and continued playing without scenarios

09-17-2009   #16 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
i don't think i can solo her lol
i just can never find a party, when someone says ok the next time you hear them they've done it, it's like people get anxious and would spam at everyone to do it as soon as possible, so i just /meh at it and continued playing without scenarios
If I don't lag around you I could help
I'm trying to solo her myself. Just use the juggle strategy.

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

09-17-2009   #17 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Well duh. It's like buying a book, opening up to the first chapter and NOT reading it. People want to get the story started with already, and they don't want to wait around just to do something like the annoying scenario. That's why they get anxious. Why form a party if you're not even ready yet? :<

Anyway, of course you can't solo the DMP at level 80. She may be a lower level than you, but she is still very challenging. With two level 80ish folks, you could probably get the job done if you have like... 2,000 HP or more.

09-17-2009   #18 (permalink)
Nue
(・ω・`)

Nue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura aboutNue has a spectacular aura about
Class: NEET lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Puella Magi

or just get like, two or three stacks of fashion pots, be a knight, and then tank and solo dmp yourself. I in fact, did this at level 53.

09-17-2009   #19 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone
or just get like, two or three stacks of fashion pots, be a knight, and then tank and solo dmp yourself. I in fact, did this at level 53.
Everyone who can get Astro Pots can do that. It's probably more effective as a Knight thanks to the Astro pot healing 50% HP, since you got more HP. But this guide is for people who don't have a lot to spend, real cash or otherwise.

Besides, there's no fun in doing a scenario by yourself for a few reasons. At least in my opinion it's not.

10-27-2009   #20 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

i am now absolutely sure that her "special" attacks have one element each