ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale General Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (50) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-12-2008   50 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy
Default LaTale's Mining and Upgrading/Enchanting guide

Hello there sweeties~!
I decided to make a guide about how to get your mining skill, Where to mine and how to upgrade or Enchant your equipment.
I'm going to try to make this guide as easy as possible.
Hopefully you'll learn something new~

First, you have to get the mining skill. You can't mine without knowing how to mine right?
Go to Ases in Belos just before the exit of the town.
NOTE: You'll get a quest from her, but you have to get level 7 to get it, okey?
Talk to her and accept the "learn the mining skill".

Spoiler!

To finish this quest you'll need to kill 10 Ugly dogs and 10 Gray beetle G. To get them, you have to go to the forest mine and to get to the forest mine you have to go through the Forest Area and go the the Ancient Forest. Take the first upper portal and then take the next portal, Voilá. You're in the forest mine!
Spoiler!

Now you'll have to go and find the Gray Beetle G and the Ugly Dog.

The first level of the forest mine will only Contain some weird rocks with a blue and pink crystal inside. I'll come back to them later on. You should go to the second level.
On the second level will the Gray Beetle G be. they are just like the normal Beetle G, only a bit stronger. So don't worry so much about them, but I hope you brought a bunch of potions before going to the forest mine. If not, run back and get some. If you've killed 10 Gray Beetle Gs go on to the third level of the mine.
Don't worry here, There is no monsters here. However, there is a Iris stone here, so be sure to go and save on that, in case you die. On the forth level the Ugly dog will pop up. He's just like the Wild Dog, Just a bit stronger. Kill ten of those and you're done! God job! Now go to Ases and collect your skill!

A Grey Beetle G and a Ugly dog.

Now that you've got your mining skill you'll able to go to the forest mine and mine minerals!
You should be searching for these:
These stones will drop different kind of minerals, just choose a hot key to place your Mining skill on, walk up to hit and press and hold the hot key for your mining skill. You're mining!
These stones have 26 HP and you will deal about 1-2 damage. So it won't take so long to get what you want. Alla the stones will drop different typ of Minerals, for exempel Silver, Gold, Iron ect. Go and mine to discover all the minerals.
The stones are located all over the mine, Except for level 2 and 4.
So keep yourself at level 1 and 3.

DO NOT go to the 5th leve of the mine, The monster are WAY too strong for you there. Just keep yourself at the 1st and the 3rd level and you should be just fine~!

After You've mined for awhile you'll probably wonder what all the minerals are for. Well, You need them to upgrade your weapons.
To upgrade your weapon you'll need a skill for it and you can only get it from Valt inte the belos Weapon shop when you turn into level 10.
My mistake, Actually you can enchant and upgrade from the very beginning. You do, however, get some other Abilitys from Keber and Valt.
However, there is alot of other stuff thats good too that you can get form Valt and Keber. Keber wil give you the ability to craft weapon, accecssorys or Sheilds and Valt will give you the ability to either Upgrade your equipment or Enchant them. Choose wisely.
Upgrading your equipment will make the change to a stronger weapon/piece of clothes. For exempel, If I upgrade a Long Spear(Level 4 weapon), It will become a Iron Long spear(Level 9 weapon) and if I upgrade that, It will become a Winged spear(Level 14 weapon). You got it?

To upgrade your equipment you'll need a weakest, weak, medium or strong Capsule. You can get them from any local General store ownsers. (Like Esther in Belos.)
Open up the Upgrade window by pressing this button on the bottom of you Inventory:

The Upgrade window will pop up and you can put in your weapon.
SMALL NOTE: Just place the equipment you're gonna upgrade into the the upgrade window and itwill show you wha items you'll need to upgrade your equipment. For exempel, When I put in my Kuk spear it will show me that I need a Weak Capsule and 3 Silver.
Put in your equpment you want to upgrade, put in the mineral and the Capsule and then press Execute.
If you're lucky it will become a success! Hurray!

This is how it will look like when you're upgrading something.

I feel extra nice today, so I'll throw in a small guide on how to Enchant your weapons and other equipments.
Right next to the upgradig button there should be a button tha says "Enchant Items".

You'll need puzzles to enchant items.
You can get them either from monstrs dropping them or by buying a Puzzel Cupon in the Fashion Shop and trade it for a puzzel from a NPC in town. Update: Or buy them by a NPC that works in the inn in every town.
Put the item you want ot Enchant together with a Lv 1 Puzze bit with the stat you want to give your equipment.
It should be looking something like this:

Hopefully it will work and tadah~! Your equipment is now enchanted.

If you want to remove the enchanted stats you ave to go to the same NPC and buy a cube for the stat you want to remove. The cubes will cost a couple of thousand ely, but Im sure you can afford it. (A level 1 cube costs 1000 ely, while a level 7 cube will cost about 27000 ely.)

It pretty much works like a enchanting.
Click the enchant item button, put in the equipment you want to down grade, put in the cube and press Execute. Tadah~! Your weapon is now downgraded!
A small warning, When you Enchant or Downgrade your weapon it maybe will get destroyd. However, It depends on the success rate. Hopefully you're lucky.

NOTE: A equipment can only be enchanted to a special level. The lower the level, the less will you be able to enchant it and reverse with higher leveled equipment.

Be sure that you've checked all the marked fields.

Good luck!

Pie's Quest Guide - I had totally forgot which level you needed to be when doing the mining Quest.
Thankfully, this guide saved me. Be sure to check it out and while you're at it, Please read all the other guides.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and hopefully you've learned something.
I'm so sorry if this guide is bad. So sorry!
Anyway, If you find any errors, like spelling errors or a information mistake. I'd be glad if you told me that so I can fix it.
I'm sorry for making your eyes bleed for all the text.
Thanks again for reading this guide.
Once again I hope you learned something.
Now I'm gonna go back and mine.

Last edited by LaTale; 05-04-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Updating it a tiny bit.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-12-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Xaryu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Xaryu
IGN: Homeless
Class: Treasure Huntin' Hobo lt_treasurehunter
Level: 100+
Guild: Nintendo

Wonderful guide for new players, give you 9/10 cause I don't need the guide, but 2 thumbs up for you!

11-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Lunais is on a distinguished road
IGN: Erin
Class: Support Knight lt_knight
Level: Almost 70
Guild: Secks

5th level of the mine is mine bats right? You should be able to kill those easily around 50-ish or something.

Mine Minotaurs on 6th level are more around 70-ish, 7th and 8th levels aren't implemented yet.

11-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

+rep for an english guide

11-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
Games

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold

Thank you everyone~ I tried my best to explain everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunais
5th level of the mine is mine bats right? You should be able to kill those easily around 50-ish or something.

Mine Minotaurs on 6th level are more around 70-ish, 7th and 8th levels aren't implemented yet.
If my memory serves me right, there should be a mole looking monster on the 7th level of the mine that should be level 80 or something. I couldn't remember if the last map was suppost to be empty or with a monster on level 90. :/
But yeah, you're right. The mine bats are on level 50 and the mine minotaurs is on level 70, if I remember correctly.

06-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Thanks for th guide :3

06-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
Games

You're welcome~
It's my job making this kind of things~ <3

06-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Saintx7 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Saintx7
Class: Spear Warlord lt_warlord

Can you explain enchanting Fashion items? Especially items that take up multiple slots like coats? I wonder if I used an XP Super Puzzle on a 3-piece coat, whats the highest % bonus exp gain can i get?

06-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
+11 Guitar finally orz

Cupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to all
IGN: Kumacakes
Class: Bard lt_bard
Level: the only Lv194 kumacakes in the server
Guild: ShiningRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintx7
Can you explain enchanting Fashion items? Especially items that take up multiple slots like coats? I wonder if I used an XP Super Puzzle on a 3-piece coat, whats the highest % bonus exp gain can i get?
You can only enchant astro fashion items, or certain animal sets gained through LaDeck (basically, any fashion item that has that gold square lock thingy on the corner of its icon in your inventory). Ely-bought fashion (or anything with a GREEN lock) cannot be enchanted with EXP or Item Drop Rate.

EXP Super Puzzles and Item Drop Rate Super Puzzles are the only 2 puzzles you can enchant on your fashion items. Each puzzle has a 50% chance of success, but your fashion items will not break if the enchant fails. You'll just have to keep trying to enchant until one succeeds. All fashion items EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING can be enchanted with a random +1~3% EXP (One-piece/Overalls can be enchanted for a max of +5% EXP):

Can't be Enchanted with EXP or IDR:
  • Cloak-slot Fashions (such as wings, tails, RPGs, etc.)
  • Face Decoration (such as blush, blue star under the eye, etc.)
  • Items that go in the Ring or Elemental Stone slot (such as Buddy Seek ring, Kazno Stone, etc.)

08-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

wawawa22 is on a distinguished road

i notice some of the items of strong characters has a "+(digit)" sign after the name of the weapon like "ceramic case +4" etc..
can you tell me how i can do those??

03-12-2010   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Caine is on a distinguished road
IGN: Caine35
Class: Gun Slinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 102
Guild: CiTY

This Was GREAT i couldn't put it better myself Evan Know I Don't Need It But 11/10