ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/)
-   -   [OGPlanet] Most Overrated and underrrated classes in LaTale (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/94601-most-overrated-underrrated-classes-latale.html)

PompousKristina 04-12-2011 07:25 AM

Most Overrated and underrrated classes in LaTale
 
Which classes do you think are the most overrated and underrated classes in LaTale. Here's my opinion.:py15:

Most overrated: Bards/Minstrels(Because almost most wizards choose this class)

Most underrated: Sorcerers/Elemental Masters

MeanieRyuch 04-12-2011 09:41 AM

overrated: bladers/striders - the ultimate one-trick-pony, they are pretty much worthless without godly gear or someone spam healing them

underrated: templars/HOs - no one likes playing the defensive types anymore, but what they don't realize is they are second only to bards in team support skills with their auras, heals, stuns, freeze-moves, bounce-attacks, and general meatshielding

NinjaFoxX 04-12-2011 10:45 AM

overrated: every warrior class

underrated:every mage class, mainly earth.

frederic09 04-12-2011 11:11 AM

no earth mage ? err i should make one if my isp can fix my ping problem :D

Fayt 04-12-2011 11:23 AM

I hope this thread doesn't take a bad turn...

Imo, Most Overrated: Bladers/Striders, followed by Rw's.

Imo, Most Underrated: Temps/Holy Order's, follwed by Meister/Enginstar.

cornpirde35 04-12-2011 12:33 PM

most overrated every warrior class, bards, GS's (till people learn the truth about them)

most underrated: Temps, meisters, Sorc's

Strawberry 04-12-2011 12:37 PM

Overrated: Bladers & Bards. Use to be GS' until 3rd came out... xD

Underrated: Temps (Use to be Treasure Hunters until 3rd came out)

NinjaFoxX 04-12-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayt (Post 1510418)
I hope this thread doesn't take a bad turn...

Imo, Most Overrated: Bladers/Striders, followed by Rw's.

Imo, Most Underrated: Temps/Holy Order's, follwed by Meister/Enginstar.

people are just ****riding RW cuz theyre good now.mainly dagger.

cornpirde35 04-12-2011 02:46 PM

^ thats so true before 3rd job hell before we got multi bag boss drop people said TH's were useless compared to GS's now look at us.

Strawberry 04-12-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornpirde35 (Post 1510521)
^ thats so true before 3rd job hell before we got multi bag boss drop people said TH's were useless compared to GS's now look at us.

I always liked TH's better than GS' anyways... xD Despite me being a GS.

Zael 04-13-2011 11:40 AM

With today's pvp, Holy Orders are starting to becoming more popular. Almost all the pvpers on my buddy list are going crazy about them now.

With that being said, from a PvP perspective...

Overrated: Strider. With one being my current main, I can see a lot of people don't realize how difficult we have it nowadays. When you see one played well, they make it seem so easy. Well, it's not. Every other melee class hits harder than us, and Strider is the only 3rd job that didn't get its damage buffed from advancing. Anyone with over 20k+ can easily beat Striders, and 1v1ing an equally skilled/geared Saint/Dragoon/Holy Order/Engistar that knows what they're doing is usually hopeless. However with all that put aside, I still enjoy playing my Strider. I have to work a lot harder for my wins, but it's all the more gratifying.

Underrated: Elemental Master This class has SO much potential and I've seen VERY few people play one well. There's more to PvP than spamming evasion, and camping/ducking in your rune of meteors, you know. Sure it'll beat inexperienced crappy people, but that's about as far as it gets. I facepalm a bit inside when I see Wind EMs stand and spam skills because they think their evasion will keep them safe. Way to completely disregard your speed/mobility.

Lime 04-13-2011 03:00 PM

Overrated: For the 10th time in this thread: Striders, I mean for real, nice DPS, but when you're dead from being unable to KB stuff it means its a class that really needs support just to be at its 'best'

Underrated: Elemental Master, rune of meteo is a huge DPS buff but i haven't really seen that many of them lately. People also don't realize they have some of the best balance factors of all classes. (mainly with earth and fire)

LilPhenyl 04-15-2011 11:48 PM

Overrated: Striders

Most people make Strider because they see them deal lolable crits in youtube videos and in the actual game. Okay, sure, they deal loads of damage. . . But at what cost? It takes skill and a great Internet connection to be a "successful" Strider, and honestly, if you have the necessary Internet connection, you'd be better off as a Saint or Elemental Master. Though it obviously all comes down to certain preferences.

Underrated: Elemental Masters (ESPECIALLY ones of the Fire/Earth variety)

Elemental Masters have to wade through a lot of bull crap since magic isn't the fastest thing around, and having every other class easily out damage you for more than half the game (level wise) is extremely discouraging. But as any Elemental Master would tell you (and show you), it all pays off in the end. Biiiig time. Oooooooh BIIIIIIIIG time. Now GL getting to level 110, nubs!


If we're talking about PvP, it'd be Gunderpaherps for overrated and Meisters for underrated. I would say EMs for being underrated, but magic is actually quite hacksy if you have the connection for it. Or gear for it. Or evasion stacked for it. Or PvP skills for it. Etc. Most people count Meisters out because they lack range and move slowly, but any decent person using a Meister = deadly. Just ask all the people I fought with mine HAHAJAYKAY! You can also spam turrets and run like a sissy, but that's not fighting, sillyheads.

Contradiction 04-18-2011 07:37 AM

overated: Ruinwalkers

It's hard to walk in channel 1 and not see abillon ruinwalkers lined up

underrated: holy orders

i dont know why, i just saw a holy order solo expert half in 2 mins at level 169, WHY DOESNT PEOPLE LIKE THEM?


cant talk about pvp my ping cannot calculate for the talk of pvp

NinjaFoxX 04-18-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilPhenyl (Post 1513251)
Overrated: Striders

Most people make Strider because they see them deal lolable crits in youtube videos and in the actual game. Okay, sure, they deal loads of damage. . . But at what cost? It takes skill and a great Internet connection to be a "successful" Strider, and honestly, if you have the necessary Internet connection, you'd be better off as a Saint or Elemental Master. Though it obviously all comes down to certain preferences.

Underrated: Elemental Masters (ESPECIALLY ones of the Fire/Earth variety)

Elemental Masters have to wade through a lot of bull crap since magic isn't the fastest thing around, and having every other class easily out damage you for more than half the game (level wise) is extremely discouraging. But as any Elemental Master would tell you (and show you), it all pays off in the end. Biiiig time. Oooooooh BIIIIIIIIG time. Now GL getting to level 110, nubs!


If we're talking about PvP, it'd be Gunderpaherps for overrated and Meisters for underrated. I would say EMs for being underrated, but magic is actually quite hacksy if you have the connection for it. Or gear for it. Or evasion stacked for it. Or PvP skills for it. Etc. Most people count Meisters out because they lack range and move slowly, but any decent person using a Meister = deadly. Just ask all the people I fought with mine HAHAJAYKAY! You can also spam turrets and run like a sissy, but that's not fighting, sillyheads.

its not called a good connection, its called being in cali.
its not called skill, its called having broken as fuc equipment and spamming attacks:py21:
striders are fun.so ofc theyre overrated.

LilPhenyl 04-18-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaFoxX (Post 1514875)
its not called a good connection, its called being in cali.
its not called skill, its called having broken as fuc equipment and spamming attacks:py21:
striders are fun.so ofc theyre overrated.

Actually, by "pvp skills" I meant the skills you can only use in PvP - such as backdash, uppercut, and counter. All of which equate to:

I am bad at moving my character, how do I even play this game?

I am bad at back attacking you/finding another way of KBing you, I have never heard of enchanting.

I am bad at avoiding your comboes, please stop being good so I can win.

... Respectively, of course.

Against a super hacksy player, they're totally fine to use, though. But I never use them, which is why I never really bother fighting hacksy players.

Lime 04-19-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaFoxX (Post 1514875)
its not called a good connection, its called being in cali.

It's possible to have a fast ping and not be in cali.

It's not about just a fast download speed, but also being lucky enough to have a ISP that isn't extremely congested either.

LordChaobreeder5 05-08-2011 07:00 PM

Well on my opinion i think EVERY CLASS THAT DEALS SO MUCH DAMAGE AND THEY SHOW OFF!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.