ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/)
-   -   [OGPlanet] New User Interface! Info! (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/92073-new-user-interface-info.html)

Sephiroth 02-24-2011 06:59 AM

New User Interface! Info!

The intention of this thread is not to inform people of the new UI, but of the various features that come with it, I will try to list as many revisions as possible, if anything is missing or you feel should be written differently, please post a response.

-Buffs are now organized.
/Pet Buffs have a Blue Tint
/Food buffs have a red tint.
/Debuffs are yellow.

-In the chat box, left clicking someones name will bring up the options "Block, Party Invite, or Whisper"

-ALL boxes can be dragged to more comfortable locations for some players; or left as is for the veterans. Some can now be completely removed, examples; (Mini-Map, Item Drops Box, Stats Box, Quickslots)

-ALL hot-key/command keys can now be manually assigned to whatever you want on your keyboard! Just press Esc>Hot-key Config.

-Inventories have expanded to allow easier viewing and selection for players.

-Fighting bosses now reveals the % of HP the Boss has left, which allows players to approach each battle more mathematically than before!

-The world map got a makeover. DAAAAAAAAAAAMN GURLFRAN.

-The Shops now display items differently!

-You can assign things such as All Chat, Guild Chat, Buddy Chat, and Party chat to keys to save you from manually clicking them with the mouse or typing "/g" "/b" "/p", etc. (Fashion Shop can also be hotkeyed, but currently doesn't seem to be working.)

-Quests now display the levels they can first be obtained at.

-Another small thing added is the Switch Character option when you press "Esc", which saves you from selecting the server and channel again

-Waypoint Save points (For both Field and Town) can now be viewed from the Waypoint menu.

-Options allow you to hide pet HP bars.

-Auto IR block.

-Right clicking players gives expanded options instead of placing half the stuff under an offer menu.

-Skills can be 'locked' so they can't be swapped by clicking and accidentally dragging them.

-Maximum number of visible buffs is increased to 13

-When you hit P and look at the party menu, you can now see what everyone's job is

-Chatbox can now be EXPANDED from Left to right instead of just up and down.

Thanks to [Willz] [Kukiko] [MeanieRyuch] [Bliumage]so far for donating.
Give me more and I'll add them in~

Lime 02-24-2011 07:34 AM

My dryad is dead at the moment. If you get a chance, tell me if there's been any significant changes to how pet NPC shop works <3

MisterGlass 02-24-2011 09:04 AM

I think the click is actually the left click.

Willz 02-24-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 1479750)
-In the chat box, left clicking someones name will bring up the options "Block, Party Invite, or Whisper"

Just a correcting a small mistake you made ;)

(Edit: Ninja'd :()

Quote:

-ALL hot-key/command keys can now be manually assigned to whatever you want on your keyboard! Just press Esc>Hot-key Config.
You can also assign things such as All Chat, Guild Chat, Buddy Chat, and Party chat to keys to save you from manually clicking them with the mouse or typing "/g" "/b" "/p", etc.
Apparently you can also seem to assign Fashion Shop to a key, but it doesn't appear to be working s:

Quests now also display the levels they can first be obtained at - I'm sure that'll save Pie some work come future updates xD

Another small thing added is the Switch Character option when you press "Esc", which saves you from selecting the server and channel again

BoredomKillz 02-24-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willz (Post 1479824)
Quests now also display the levels they can first be obtained at - I'm sure that'll save Pie some work come future updates xD

OMG WILL OMG I WOULDA NEVER NOTICED THAT OMG!!

i hate you, that means i have work to do >: /will do that once i get back frm class

Sephiroth 02-24-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willz (Post 1479824)
Just a correcting a small mistake you made ;)

(Edit: Ninja'd :()

You can also assign things such as All Chat, Guild Chat, Buddy Chat, and Party chat to keys to save you from manually clicking them with the mouse or typing "/g" "/b" "/p", etc.
Apparently you can also seem to assign Fashion Shop to a key, but it doesn't appear to be working s:

Another small thing added is the Switch Character option when you press "Esc", which saves you from selecting the server and channel again

'Must spread reputation around to others before you can give it to Willz again'

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Anyhow, thanks tons for the other stuff, any more information that can be added in would be great. I just learned most of what you said so this thread is serving its purpose LOL.

Bliumage 02-24-2011 02:39 PM

You can also see what stones you're saved at in the Esc waypoint menu.

I really need to check this stuff when I post it instead of going from memory.

MeanieRyuch 02-24-2011 02:50 PM

^I think you mean the waypoint menu, but yes, I definitely like that feature. No more guessing where I was saved last.

BoredomKillz 02-24-2011 03:26 PM

omg thats really handy and something ive wished for QQ hated guessing where i was saved, especially when it ends up being farther from where i have to go orz

Sephiroth 02-24-2011 03:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the input (and rep /o/)

I give commendations to the people who give me raw info. So thanks to Bliemage and Willz so far.

Bliumage 02-24-2011 04:06 PM

Noticed some more stuff-

Right clicking players gives expanded options instead of placing half the stuff under an offer menu.

Skills can be 'locked' so they can't be swapped by clicking and accidentally dragging them.

Maximum number of visible buffs is increased to 13 (previously 12 iirc)

Kukiko 02-24-2011 04:31 PM

You can turn the mini-party window (the thing with your party members hp bars) off using the party menu.
Though that falls under:

Quote:

-ALL boxes can be dragged to more comfortable locations for some players; or left as is for the veterans. Some can now be completely removed, examples; (Mini-Map, Item Drops Box, Stats Box, Quickslots)
They also have a Reset Window option in the menu for those who don't know where to reset it. o/

Hmm, you can also hide pet xp/sp bars now in options.
There's also a "Summon" box you can check off in options so I would assume that means you can auto-reject being IR'd or whatnot. (That wasn't there before, right? ._.)

BoredomKillz 02-24-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kukiko (Post 1480108)
You can turn the mini-party window (the thing with your party members hp bars) off using the party menu.
Though that falls under:

They also have a Reset Window option in the menu for those who don't know where to reset it. o/

Hmm, you can also hide pet xp/sp bars now in options.
There's also a "Summon" box you can check off in options so I would assume that means you can auto-reject being IR'd or whatnot. (That wasn't there before, right? ._.)

yup thats new /o/ same with the invite guild and invite chat room option that was never there before

MeanieRyuch 02-24-2011 06:03 PM

I like the amount of keys you can now utilize. For those of you who dreamed of using your number pad, wish granted. It's now fully functional.

Queen 02-24-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 1479750)
-You can assign things such as All Chat, Guild Chat, Buddy Chat, and Party chat to keys to save you from manually clicking them with the mouse or typing "/g" "/b" "/p", etc.

I went to hotkey them like WoW that I'm used to and it and I like it, but it doesn't accept more than one character, so you can't do /g, only /.

You probably set a key to it and you don't type a command, you hit your hotkey, like NumLock for guild and your chat bar automatically opens to guild. Didn't test, but if they don't allow more than one character for commands, it's probably safe to assume it's the latter that I've mentioned.

BoredomKillz 02-24-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyzuumi (Post 1480188)
I went to hotkey them like WoW that I'm used to and it and I like it, but it doesn't accept more than one character, so you can't do /g, only /.

You probably set a key to it and you don't type a command, you hit your hotkey, like NumLock for guild and your chat bar automatically opens to guild. Didn't test, but if they don't allow more than one character for commands, it's probably safe to assume it's the latter that I've mentioned.

i think he meant you can change it to a single key instead of the "enter -> /g -> enter" but ya youre right. i have whisper set to "/" so now i just press / and itll instantly go to whisper chat instead of using "/w" (or r x])

Queen 02-24-2011 06:59 PM

Just thought I'd post that cause it lead me to believe I could hotkey it like that, and if you still have to manually click the tab you want ;o;

...Or maybe I'm just sleep deprived and you can ignore all of that orz. B>More sleep.

BoredomKillz 02-24-2011 07:09 PM

no youre sleep deprived xD (or a noob x]) since although before the UI you could manually click the tab you could also type in the / command /o/

MeanieRyuch 02-24-2011 08:03 PM

Odd random find: when you hit P and look at the party menu, you can now see what everyone's job is o.o

Dungeon reset got moved there as well.

Sephiroth 02-24-2011 09:02 PM

Added all your stuff in guys!
Also, a discovery I made today, if you click the very edge of your chatbox, it can be expanded more from left to right!