Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-2008   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe
If they make it a necessity to have EXP boosters, brb quitting.

I think we can all begin to agree on this.

We keep comparing OG to Nexon and nTreev...

We're most likely correct, since they are a standard American company.

But yeah, if it's too much hell to enjoy without EXP Boosters, I think most of us can agree that we would probably quit.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2008   #42 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say I was losing money, I said that you can't just go out and buy the fashion items until you've grinded/quested for quite some time in regular rates (read as 10s of hours). LaTale will probably have the "zombie maps" of MS soon enough where you can get great amounts of cash easily, or maybe quests for lvl 50+'s, but I've yet to see it O_oa

You're all rich from X5 drop rate now until you dump 852k and an urn to get a weapon lol...I still have 200k but gfd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crave
Level 50 in latale still gets close to .10 exp a kill. Level 50 in MS.... It's a good place to train if your getting .03 a kill.

(has level 134 xbow in ms, 81 priest, 75 assassin, played ms 5 years. n0h4x)
You fail to mention that in MS everything is lol ohko and almost no cooldown. Try killing canine gods faster than someone in MS can get .06%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azusa
Funny, even with 1x rates and constantly whoring Invoke/Hyunmu (with a party) for equips, I'm not losing money at all. When I train solo, I use zero potions, period.

Lv 45 Wind Mage.

Am I doing it right?
Level 51 knight.

I sit there and take one hell of a beating because, well...I'm not ranged. My damage output sucks ass because of the nature of my class and I have to spam 200 SP at least per canine god. I'd like to know what kind of SP/HP regeneration you have to be able to do this solo without resting/pots.

/doinitwrong

08-24-2008   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

Senike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really nice

Mongo speaks the truth

08-24-2008   #44 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

She never said she didn't rest, mongo :u

08-24-2008   #45 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
She never said she didn't rest, mongo :u
That makes training even slower lmao...

08-24-2008   #46 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

using pots is just trading money for leveling speed
and as you level up, you make money faster
but then higher level pots cost more
you'll be able to afford them anyway
blah blah blah

using pots while leveling isn't a bad thing

08-24-2008   #47 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Sorry guys, but I think you're way overreacting here.

One, it's only Open Beta. Nothing has been set in stone, OGP may very well change the exp rate. It may not. I wouldn't call it a greedy attempt for some cash. Please do not automatically assume that every business has the same business philosophy as Ntreev "just because." This is not Trickster where you can use money to become the strongest.

Second, not all the content is out. In fact, it's not even close. There will be more quests, there will be more monsters, there will be more content. Just plain and simple. Open Beta's content pretty much ends from 40~50, or somewhere around there, so obviously it's going to be hard to level when you reach there.

You're comparing a game that's been out for I-don't-know-how-many years to a game that's just been released for Open Beta. Seems like a rather crude comparison if you ask me.

08-24-2008   #48 (permalink)
STEP

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute

it's all speculation right now
we won't know for sure til it happens

08-24-2008   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

I think the grinding isn't all that bad even at 1x. Not that I'm necessarily saying I want it to be at 1x.

Think about it:

For three days, we had exp boosts--2 of those days were 3x, and 1 was 5x. Come Sunday morning, we are back down to 1x.

I'll use Mongo's Knight as an example. A level 51 Knight over the course of four days is no simple feat, even if it owes itself to boosting. Without that boost, assuming Mongo's grinding motivation didn't change, it would have taken about 12 days to produce the same result (6 days amplifying the time spent grinding by 3x for 2 days, 5 days amplifying the grinding time by 5x for 1 day, and today with the standard 1x). I understand that's a gross miscalculation because of all the variables it either omits, assumes, or both, but there you go.

A little over a week and a half, almost two weeks, to reach 51 on a slow-leveling character. And let's not forget that quests have a lot more weight at 1x than they ever would at 5x, and that there's no enchants or crafting, so it'd be less than 2 weeks for certain. How is that not casual? I've always heard the stories about Maple and the leveling therein, where at its worst it took a year just to break 70 (before the boosts were available), and yet a Knight in this game could hit 51 in two weeks, in spite of the lack of available quests, equipment modifications and other content above 40.

Why does "hardcore" have to be anything that can't be done in a single day? I've always understood casual to be something you could do on and off and still produce decent results. Does it really make sense for casual to be defined as hitting 2nd Job on your first day just because another game is infamous for that (*cough*Trickster*cough*)?

Personally, I think a lot of the complainers still have 5x on the brain and aren't coping well with the withdrawal. I made it to 30 in one week during CB, and I didn't even play for half the week. I don't know if it was 1x for the entirety of CB, but I'm certain it was 1x throughout most of it.

But whatever. Carry on with the arguments. Maybe they'll have a change of heart and put it at 10x in official to shut up the complainers. But I better not hear a single word about how "there's nothing else to do" in the endgame if that happens.

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

08-24-2008   #50 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

Tenelax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tenelax Send a message via Skype™ to Tenelax
IGN: Tenelax
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 105
Guild: FrenchBread

Wow o.o didn't think like that but yeah it's 100% true :O

Now go post it on OGPlanet forums please...

08-24-2008   #51 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

To all those skeptical about my grinding methods, I like to find single small platforms with a constant spawn of 2-3 monsters. These exist in ALOT of places. I kill the monsters, sit down, by the time I regen fully they spawn again (hardly any time at all really, comparable to the amount of time you spend running to the next group on the map) then rinse and repeat. Very simple process, zero ely used, zero potions used. Being ranged or not has nothing to do with it because I can do this solo as well, which means I'm still tanking them.

Regarding the rates, my party has just pretty much "beaten" everything available in Open Beta, up to and including Invoke EX (Lv 29?), Hyunmu (Lv 47?) and Ghost Warrior (Lv 68). I really do not see a point in raising the rates if everybody reaches the end of all available content within a few days, we're now bored with nothing to do as I cry standing at the east portal in Aoich wondering where the **** my Lv 50~70 desert/beach areas are.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

08-24-2008   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about

@Tenelax

No thanks. I've seen plenty of times where TO's members have tried to talk sense on official forums... I'd much rather talk to a wall falling in my general direction.

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

08-24-2008   #53 (permalink)
STEP

well i think the fact that latale claimed to be a "casual" game brought many casual players to the game, those who aren't used to grinding
imo, they're basically complaining about false advertising
it shouldn't be called "casual" if it's a grinder's game

08-24-2008   #54 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

So... If I was them I would just remove the casual to shut their mouth off lol.

08-24-2008   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

But is it really a grinder's game? It took TO's members half a year to hit 200 before 2nd Jobs came out. A month compared to 6?

Sure, a month might be a long time for a console game, but an MMO needs to regulate both the entertainment it offers and the time your average player takes to plow through that entertainment, because unlike a console game, an MMO technically has no end.

08-24-2008   #56 (permalink)
STEP

it's kinda too late now, it seems
many casual players are pissed that the game's not what they expected

08-24-2008   #57 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

John is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to John
IGN: Jonathan
Level: 2x

they should at least increase the rates for beta,since theres is going to be a wipe anyway

08-24-2008   #58 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Leveling at 1x isn't that bad. I don't mind it. Keep in mind...

1. Not ALL quests are available.

2. Upgrading and enchanting isn't available. FYI, you can make stronger weapons for MORE damage which equals FASTER killing which means FASTER EXP which means FASTER levels. Right. Better armor never hurts either.

08-24-2008   #59 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

I honestly don't think OGP should give a shit and I really doubt they do. The term casual is very subjective, what I find casual the next person may find absolutely batshit insane. I personally believe the term casual just implies you can have fun without devoting your life to it, and this holds true with the game being very instance and quest driven, veering you off the path of constant grinding.

Officially on JLatale (which is "1x" rates) it should only really take you a week or two to reach 80 if you're well-informed and have parties/know where to go. A month maybe if you're the slow type. Also, it should be noted that the JP version only recently released Lv 120~140 content, meaning there really is no point in leveling so fast without the content implemented.

Before we bicker about rates, why isn't anyone whining for some more content to be made available to us? I believe I speak for myself, my party and pretty much everyone around my level when I say "Dear ****ing god, we're already bored!"

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

08-24-2008   #60 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

I don't care... as long as OGPlanet release it I'm happy. Oh and I don't want a bunch of flamers to make the community in Latale.

(Talking about flamers on OGP Forum)

Last edited by Tenelax; 08-24-2008 at 10:00 PM.