He who laughs, lasts.
Games
Loong - The Power of the DragonLeague of LegendsProject BlackoutCabal Online
Awards Pervert Award

Crave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Crave
IGN: Cravey#1907
Guild: DiabloTalk

Level 50 in latale still gets close to .10 exp a kill. Level 50 in MS.... It's a good place to train if your getting .03 a kill.

(has level 134 xbow in ms, 81 priest, 75 assassin, played ms 5 years. n0h4x)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2008   #22 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

I'm not losing money either and I'm gaining exp at a decent rate. I think the problem is that OGP hasn't released content for lvl 45+. If they do that, I think this problem would be solved :/.

*Hopes that the dark moon castle instance will open*

08-24-2008   #23 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

Tenelax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tenelax Send a message via Skype™ to Tenelax
IGN: Tenelax
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 105
Guild: FrenchBread

Why would you loose money more than you gain? It's a game that your money usually need to go up so you can buy higher level equips (which cost more money) so you don't need to be scary about that...

Sure in official it will be much easier to make money after a month or two... When people will discover the personnal shop's utility and will start to sell their things and vice-versa.

For those who still have problem to make money... You should do quests since those are the best money maker for now. There is no point in merchanding for now but it will greatly help later.

I think the exp rate should be at 1.5X or 2X but not more. It's true that it was really fun at 3X~5X but I like it when it's still challenging... And it wasn't. For those who can't accept that it won't be 3X~5X since even Klt don't have that then they should wait till someone create a private server.

I think they were changing the exp to 1. See people's reactions and preference while testing different rates 2. To find a good exp rate that will be perfect for the game (which mean you can still keep it up in the quests) 3. Also to avoid people who level too much fast (they don't want everyone to quit after 1 month because they are high leveled and borred...)

The only thing I don't understand is that Klt ALREADY did that... And they found a nice exp rate for everyone... So why arent they taking that? Do they think that we are a different kind of gamers? I don't think so.

08-24-2008   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

Senike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenelax
Why would you loose money more than you gain? It's a game that your money usually need to go up so you can buy higher level equips (which cost more money) so you don't need to be scary about that...

Sure in official it will be much easier to make money after a month or two... When people will discover the personnal shop's utility and will start to sell their things and vice-versa.

For those who still have problem to make money... You should do quests since those are the best money maker for now. There is no point in merchanding for now but it will greatly help later.

I think the exp rate should be at 1.5X or 2X but not more. It's true that it was really fun at 3X~5X but I like it when it's still challenging... And it wasn't. For those who can't accept that it won't be 3X~5X since even Klt don't have that then they should wait till someone create a private server.

I think they were changing the exp to 1. See people's reactions and preference while testing different rates 2. To find a good exp rate that will be perfect for the game (which mean you can still keep it up in the quests) 3. Also to avoid people who level too much fast (they don't want everyone to quit after 1 month because they are high leveled and borred...)

The only thing I don't understand is that Klt ALREADY did that... And they found a nice exp rate for everyone... So why arent they taking that? Do they think that we are a different kind of gamers? I don't think so.
^^ Agreed, x2 would be well balanced o:

08-24-2008   #25 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Oh yeah. Economy.....In official release, instead of NPCing all your crap, you'll be able to sell things for a DECENT damn price.

I'd personally like the same rate as KLT if it's what people mentioned above; 2.5x.

08-24-2008   #26 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games

I've heard that klt is actually 1.5x :

08-24-2008   #27 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

signed it for the sake of it.

08-24-2008   #28 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

Quote:

i completely agree with this except the money thing XD im doing most of the quests but the drops just arent cutting it and slowly but surely my money is going down (i think i buy too many pots at once XDD)

08-24-2008   #29 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games

Quick Tip: If you're losing out on money, don't buy any equips and do quests for them :x

08-24-2008   #30 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

Tenelax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tenelax Send a message via Skype™ to Tenelax
IGN: Tenelax
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
i completely agree with this except the money thing XD im doing most of the quests but the drops just arent cutting it and slowly but surely my money is going down (i think i buy too many pots at once XDD)
The exp rate helped you a lot to level... And you probably missed a lot of quests and things that gave nice money... I think you wont have this problem in official if they find a good rate and if your carefull on your money ;D

08-24-2008   #31 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

Quote:
The exp rate helped you a lot to level... And you probably missed a lot of quests and things that gave nice money... I think you wont have this problem in official if they find a good rate and if your carefull on your money ;D
._. but i never really grinded unless u count invoke with wafflez. all i did was quests XD to further help my guide =P

08-24-2008   #32 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

o.O
i usually just get my equips from monsters, not buy them from shop
if i'm using something that's 10+ levels behind, i might buy from shop

and we don't have the upgrade system yet, which can save ALOT of money

08-24-2008   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
wow that topic's getting hot

and apparently, klt is around 2.5x
according to someone who played both versions
Despite whatever kLT is, they are the original.

Their rates should be considered 1x.

Meaning, we're lower then 1x right now.

If they're 3x like everyone says, cLT and us are .33x

Nice.

08-24-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cleveritis
Class: Meister
Level: 88/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Using sit only while soloing? =/...You got a lot of downtime then.

Even though the 5x is gone, I'm still making money, at a slower rate though.

0.01%? You're not doing it right then...I'm 48 and I'm getting 0.08%ish....
Lv32 and I'm getting 0.03~0.04 at black beetle G's.
I can't go any further because anything else will either kill me or take way too long for me to kill. (Water Wizard)

08-24-2008   #35 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

i don't see why changing the rate to klt's would be bad (for the players)
klt is doing pretty damn well with their rate
i'm sure lillith can vouch for that

from the recent events, it seems like ogp is pulling an ntreev
though i've heard that they're not money hungry, it's sure looking that way at the moment
putting 5x then putting back to 1x unannounced...
it's raising demand for higher exp rate IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

08-24-2008   #36 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe
Lv32 and I'm getting 0.03~0.04 at black beetle G's.
I can't go any further because anything else will either kill me or take way too long for me to kill. (Water Wizard)
That's why parties are essential.

08-24-2008   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

Senike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really niceSenike is just really nice

Quote:

though i've heard that they're not money hungry, it's sure looking that way at the moment
Boosters?
Horray.

08-24-2008   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Vexel is on a distinguished road
IGN: Vexel
Class: 2h sword warror
Level: 1x
Guild: none...

Quote:

Im starting to think its why their doing this. so people buy their exp boosters.

but i really do hope that they're trying to find a reasonable rate that is a compromise between the two ongoing arguments

LaTale OB IGN: FRESH
i'm always on ch 2. feel more than welcomed to add me

SELLING BLACK BEAR SOUL URN

08-24-2008   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The game would progressively get more challenging as you level up.

The game shouldn't be challenging from head start, and a decent level to get to, with an ease would be approximately 40~50.

That way, you still have to work for the Job Advancement, and further skill points.

08-24-2008   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cleveritis
Class: Meister
Level: 88/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexel
Im starting to think its why their doing this. so people buy their exp boosters.

but i really do hope that they're trying to find a reasonable rate that is a compromise between the two ongoing arguments
If they make it a necessity to have EXP boosters, brb quitting.