Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-05-2009   #21 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
They don't need a reason, they aren't accountable to anyone. It's their ball and their ballpark and if you don't like it, they'll just ban you from it.
I'm sure if you got banned for an unknown reason you can just let it off by saying that.

All companys are accountable to their customers. If they aren't, well they're just running the organisation into the ground. OGP can continue to ignore its players, it's only their lost as players leave and stop paying them.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-05-2009   #22 (permalink)
inb4u lol?! e????
Games
Aika OnlineLa TaleElswordGrand Fantasia
Awards Event Winner

Broken has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Broken Send a message via Skype™ to Broken
IGN: Vaneshi
Class: Castanic Sorcerer :D lt_gunslinger
Level: e?
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: snop3r

i was wondering if the people who got banned on the official forums actually read their Forum Rules, or are just running around like "OH MAH GAWD, i gats benn'd on teh forumz 4 noe reson **** you OGP - i haet u", while they prolly did something against their Forum rules?!

I cant imagine a Company/GMs just banning people randomly o.o We have no proof for that anyways... and trusting a person you know who says "i didnt do anything", prolly didnt even read their Forum rules.

The way how they do things remind me of a german Gamecompany whichs hosts Browser Games, though. It wasn't allowed to discuss bans on the forums, only personal via IRC, PM or E-mail. It wasn't allowed to troll someone or randomly spam something (oneliners were considered as spam as well and got you banned for a few days).

But like i said, i don't know if the quality of the official forums can compare to mog here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles
Yeah, and if you try to appeal your ban, You get a perma ban. It's pathetic, OGP better have a damned good reason behind all this, Which is OGP, so they probably don't.
Why is it pathetic? It's pathetic that someone posts a thread with a question like "why did i got banned?". Like Maestro already said, it is forbidden and the funny thing is that they've already said so in their Forum Rules.

To be honest: Someone whos posting stuff like that deserves to get Banned. Not OGPs fault for not reading the Rules, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGP Forum Rules
Do not post about your account’s status. Example: making a thread asking about why your account was banned.
Maybe all those banned people ignored/didn't read their rules and got banned because they've went against their rules? Seeing that even a bit trolling is forbidden.. i wouldn't be surprised if all those bans were justified... We don't know. Someone who got banned should submit a helpdesk ticket or ask an admin/gm via PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakFree
I'm sure if you got banned for an unknown reason you can just let it off by saying that.
Well, we have to let it off by saying that, when they shut down the game. You should keep that in mind. It could be over really soon, what would you do then? :/

It is their Game, even if we are paying costumers... they can do whatever they want. We agreed to that when we signed up. Its written in their ToS. You can't do anything against that, if they want to ban you for no reason, they really could.

Of course, that would suck for OGP (and any other company which hosts MMOs, even WoW has a clause in their ToS which says that Blizzard owns your account and that they can do whatever they want with it), but thats how it is. Sadly. =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu
And yeah, as much as OGP continues to fuel these kinds of threads legitimately, it does get tiring reading the same old crap over and over. It's kind of like politics.
I can't get enough of this, really xD i love rant like threads xD

10-05-2009   #23 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:

All companys are accountable to their customers. If they aren't, well they're just running the organisation into the ground. OGP can continue to ignore its players, it's only their lost as players leave and stop paying them.
Well I wouldn't be happy about it, no, but unfortunately it seems to be the truth. I figured out how accountable OGP was to its customers back when they decided never to reply to a helpdesk ticket where I was unable to play their game (A18 at the time) at all. After I sent back the dxdiag output they asked for that was the last I heard from them. Not even getting back a "we don't see anything wrong, we can't help you further" reply says a lot about how accountable they are.

And I've heard enough stories about how they act after they ban someone to know that your chances of getting your account back, are very, very slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
i was wondering if the people who got banned on the official forums actually read their Forum Rules, or are just running around like "OH MAH GAWD, i gats benn'd on teh forumz 4 noe reson **** you OGP - i haet u", while they prolly did something against their Forum rules?!

I cant imagine a Company/GMs just banning people randomly o.o We have no proof for that anyways... and trusting a person you know who says "i didnt do anything", prolly didnt even read their Forum rules.
Ehh, you should read the first thread where people reported the bans. There's at least 2 people that were banned for supposedly swearing on OGP's forums that never posted on their forums -- ever. So it's not a matter of did they read the rules, they quite literally could not have done what they were accused of.

Quote:
Why is it pathetic? It's pathetic that someone posts a thread with a question like "why did i got banned?". Like Maestro already said, it is forbidden and the funny thing is that they've already said so in their Forum Rules.
You misunderstood him. OGP has a tendency to raise the punishment (from a temp ban to permanent ban) if you submit a helpdesk ticket asking why you were banned in the first place. Even if you can prove that you didn't do what the ban info says you did (e.g. you never posted on their forums, so you obviously couldn't have been swearing on them), they tend to perm-ban you for appealing their punishment. And yes, this has really happened to people I know personally. That's why I always advise never questioning it if you get temp-banned by OGP, if you do you're liable to be perm-banned.

Quote:
Maybe all those banned people ignored/didn't read their rules and got banned because they've went against their rules? Seeing that even a bit trolling is forbidden.. i wouldn't be surprised if all those bans were justified... We don't know. Someone who got banned should submit a helpdesk ticket or ask an admin/gm via PM.
Again, at least 2 people (possibly more) have never posted on OGP's forums, so they couldn't have done what they were banned for. And I don't believe any of the mmogers who got hit with bans have tried posting about the issue on OGP's forums. What generally happens is other people get ticked off that their friends were banned for no apparent reason and start posting to ask what in the world is going on, and then OGP deletes/hides/etc. the threads. So this is two separate issues: 1. people getting banned for things they didn't do (and in some cases, couldn't have done) and 2. other people posting on OGP's forums to ask what in the world is going on.

Quote:
It is their Game, even if we are paying costumers... they can do whatever they want. We agreed to that when we signed up. Its written in their ToS. You can't do anything against that, if they want to ban you for no reason, they really could.

Of course, that would suck for OGP (and any other company which hosts MMOs, even WoW has a clause in their ToS which says that Blizzard owns your account and that they can do whatever they want with it), but thats how it is. Sadly. =/
This is actually a dangerous attitude to have. It's the polar opposite of the "the customer is always right" one. Customers have rights too, in many cases those rights are guaranteed by laws, and violating those rights can result in civil and criminal penalties for any company that does so. But even if they're not, if you refuse to stand up for yourself when a company treats you like crap, then you pretty much deserve it. You have to stand up for your rights, and letting the company know they've mis-treated you is important. If for no other reason than they won't ever learn to fix their mistakes if you don't.

And that's part of the problem. OGP stifles any kind of dissent from their customers by employing the banhammer. If you try to complain about a punishment, you get perm-banned. If you try to ask why you got banned (when you really don't understand), you get perm-banned. If you try to appeal your punishment, you get perm-banned. What part of that sounds normal? Generally only people (and companies) with something to hide, or severe paranoia (bordering on psychotic) act that way. Thus why one common backronym for OGP is Online Gaming Paranoia.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

Last edited by Manabi; 10-05-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

10-05-2009   #24 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

Actually I got perma-banned firsthand without a temporary 7-day ban. I don't know why, I wasn't even on for half the week.

But manabi is right. It all comes down to managerial ethics and OGP seems to be very poor at it as they continue to ignore and dismiss their players. Sooner or later you will see some desperate attempts from OGP to make money as they realise their [already small] playerbase refusing to buy astros or even play the game (even more due to slow slow slow content release).

10-05-2009   #25 (permalink)
inb4u lol?! e????
Games
Aika OnlineLa TaleElswordGrand Fantasia
Awards Event Winner

Broken has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Broken Send a message via Skype™ to Broken
IGN: Vaneshi
Class: Castanic Sorcerer :D lt_gunslinger
Level: e?
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: snop3r

hmm, yeah.. i just saw the thread after i've posted and read through it. Points taken.

Though, that makes me wonder if MOG here, as a Partnersite from OGP, has GMs lurking here and they ban people on the Game/official forums for bad mouthing or trashtalking OGP here?...
I don't know right now... were the people which got banned having their character names in their signature/profile?
Ntreev GMs lurked MyTrickster back then as well... it's just a guess, but well... if people got banned for posting bs on the "OGP Portal" than i can only think of something like this.

I don't think that it is a good idea to post hate threads against OGP here anyways... MOG is the only Fansite which is advertised on the Latale homepage. Maybe the affiliate with OGP goes a bit deeper than just being a fansite D: /conspiracies j/k =D
Quote:
Sooner or later you will see some desperate attempts from OGP to make money as they realise their [already small] playerbase refusing to buy astros or even play the game (even more due to slow slow slow content release).
This will never happen because there will always be new people who join, which think that OGP is awesome - i thought so too in the beginning and to be honest... i can't blame them for anything... for now. I never had problems and i actually like how they run Latale (nothing is perfect anyways and i can suck up quite alot). D:

Last edited by Broken; 10-05-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: breakfrees quote

10-05-2009   #26 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlierFox
That's not a bad idea, actually.

All the whining bullshit could be all in one place where I/others wouldn't have to look at it, instead of spread out all over the board where it'd be fairly hard for me/others to NOT look at.
Totally what i had in mind. Would help a lot in that respect.

Also, doing this and then merging every "bawww" type topic to it would also help make it even more obvious LT General Chat rarely is used for much else besides that.

I'm reminded of that every time one of these threads pop up.

10-05-2009   #27 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Though, that makes me wonder if MOG here, as a Partnersite from OGP, has GMs lurking here and they ban people on the Game/official forums for bad mouthing or trashtalking OGP here?...
I don't know right now... were the people which got banned having their character names in their signature/profile?
Ntreev GMs lurked MyTrickster back then as well... it's just a guess, but well... if people got banned for posting bs on the "OGP Portal" than i can only think of something like this.
While possible, this would be a very stupid thing for OGP to do. Banning people who have spent money on the game, and thus denying them access to the stuff they paid for, over something said elsewhere, would put OGP on the wrong end of the law. Their TOS cannot cover what's said or done on other sites, so they'd have no legal justification for the bans, and that could leave them in some serious hot water. Even if no one could afford to sue them, they could get reported to state attorney generals here in the US, and possibly get investigated for criminal charges.

I kinda doubt OGP is quite that stupid.

Quote:
This will never happen because there will always be new people who join, which think that OGP is awesome - i thought so too in the beginning and to be honest... i can't blame them for anything... for now. I never had problems and i actually like how they run Latale (nothing is perfect anyways and i can suck up quite alot). D:
It can happen, there have been companies who managed to tick off enough customers and lose enough money that they had to reform. It's not necessarily highly likely, but word does get around. Even if you didn't find out about it till after you started playing, things like these random bans could easily make you decide not to spend money on Astros (or more money if you already had), leading to OGP's income drying up to the point where it starts hurting.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

10-05-2009   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleEden EternalDragon Nest

Lenono is on a distinguished road
IGN: ViradoPaulista
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 17x
Guild: Infiniti

Quote:
That's not a bad idea, actually.

All the whining bullshit could be all in one place where I/others wouldn't have to look at it, instead of spread out all over the board where it'd be fairly hard for me/others to NOT look at.
So you are saying if OGP does things wrong we have to suck it up? I mean OGP is not that bad but sometimes they do stupid things...

Last edited by Lenono; 10-05-2009 at 09:06 AM.

10-06-2009   #29 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Buekshee is on a distinguished road
IGN: PM me if u want toknow it
Class: Engineer
Level: 6x
Guild: Doomsday

Quote:
Oh yay it's another "OGP sucks & is the devil" thread!

Can't get enough of these!
Oh yay! It's another post from this guy, who is always here and if he/she sees any comment that doesn't suck up to OGP he/she writes a comment like the one above. Is he/she paid by OGP for doing this? Or what the hell does he/she want? Nobody said OGP sucks. We just point out the mistakes they do; is this such a big problem? Pff.
Buksi lvl 6x Engineer
- -
Aeria LT(passive)
Paffalenta lvl 20 XbowXplorer

http://diggher.mybrute.com
----------------------------

Last edited by Buekshee; 10-06-2009 at 11:38 AM.

10-06-2009   #30 (permalink)
I broke those cuffs
Games
Elsword

SkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura aboutSkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura aboutSkittlesX333 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to SkittlesX333 Send a message via Yahoo to SkittlesX333 Send a message via Skype™ to SkittlesX333
Class: Sword Knight lt_blader

Ugh. Just close this bloody thread, it's not going really anywhere but what appears to be a complete flame war. I was merely posting because of all this banning going on... it's like "....uhhh?"

10-06-2009   #31 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Buekshee is on a distinguished road
IGN: PM me if u want toknow it
Class: Engineer
Level: 6x
Guild: Doomsday

Sorry, Skittles. I just told my opinion, no flaming.
Buksi lvl 6x Engineer
- -
Aeria LT(passive)
Paffalenta lvl 20 XbowXplorer

http://diggher.mybrute.com
----------------------------

10-06-2009   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Snowman02 is on a distinguished road
IGN: ARMs
Class: Meister to_engineer
Level: 13x
Guild: Bakas

i was only agreeing with skittles about how the banhammer really suk, but im happy now. og sent me a mail to reset my pw. they that's the reason i guess, donno how that's it.

10-06-2009   #33 (permalink)
♥☆100%!!☆♥

FerretFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFerretFanatic has a spectacular aura about
IGN: I has rabies go away
Class: Full Support Bard :B lulsAsuraGuitar+3 lt_bard
Level: 15x! YA'LL SAID I COULDN'T DO IT AND I BELIEVED ALL OF YOU
Guild: SilentStrike :U We're afk.

Reow people o_o.
Apparently the people who did get banned got un-banned,or some of them.
Maybe there is hope <3

10-06-2009   #34 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Hm, you know, I don't think OGP is totally inept of running a company. I believe we should all stop expecting OGP to sh*t light for us. (For those who don't get the analogies: We should not expect OGP to be perfect/perform a miracle such as "being a perfect gaming company.") There are HUMANS behind the server and computers, so it's expected that something might go wrong from time to time. From the way I see it, Latale has only a few GMs on duty, and it's a possibility that they might have other things to do as well. I only suspect they have very little staff members, since OGP is in a pinch with finances. (It's obvious they are NOT in the red, but they do need revenue. Ex: The cards giving less astro.) So going with that line of thinking, it's safe to assume they downsized. So god forbid if they mess up a few silly events that they didn't have to give us in the first place.

As for the bans, that may be a result of something else. Keep in mind there are multiple GMs, so when switching shifts/position from time to time, a mistake could be made and the GM switching in could be totally unaware of the situation/mistake. A good number of the bans made were resolved after POLITE and CIVIL people sent in messages that were easy to read and obviously not hostile. As for the more angrier OGP players, well, yeah, they should wait a little while longer or hope a nice GM logs on to read their whiny rant. Negative Nelly still whines about her unjust perma ban as I play L4D with friends/her. While one of my wifus who got the same ban and was unbanned within a week because his message was civil. It just goes to show you that being mature pays off.

Yes. I'm an OGP Supporting FGT now, but after seeing OGP TRYING to fix their mistake, it's obvious that they aren't a terrible company. They're just... For the lack of a better word... Noobs when it comes to this. Maybe in a year or two they will blossom into a great company like Nexon/Blizzard! Only, you know, less money-hungry and they will try to help their customers... Hopefully.

That's just my opinion, anyway.