MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale General Chat

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-21-2008   5 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #81 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

The thing is, would you really be able to fine your friends again if the site just died like that with nowhere else to go?

I understand that it's hard to fit in new places, and that a warning would have been a good idea. But it's a whole other to bash a place that took you in.

Give the site some time, try to get to know people.

Plus we have a java/irc chatroom here o-o

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-21-2008   #82 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep
The thing is, would you really be able to fine your friends again if the site just died like that with nowhere else to go?

I understand that it's hard to fit in new places, and that a warning would have been a good idea. But it's a whole other to bash a place that took you in.

haha,they're not bashing.
far from it.
its to be expected after the suddeness of it all.

07-21-2008   #83 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Indeed >_< I still think we should have the kiddy colors back /o/

*shanks Demi*
I don't know you very well but I'll shank you anyways Q_Q
*implodes*

But yeah D: If you have trouble fitting in, feel free to message me. I'll show you around =D ( and then keel you D8 )

07-21-2008   #84 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep
Indeed >_< I still think we should have the kiddy colors back /o/

*shanks Demi*
I don't know you very well but I'll shank you anyways Q_Q
*implodes*

But yeah D: If you have trouble fitting in, feel free to message me. I'll show you around =D ( and then keel you D8 )
haha
yah,different skins would be nice for here
-stares at bloody side-
-passes out-

07-21-2008   #85 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

LonelyHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LonelyHero
IGN: LonelyHero
Class: Blade lt_blader
Level: 65
Guild: None

Quote:

Quote:
haha,they're not bashing.
far from it.
its to be expected after the suddeness of it all.
Thank you.
Would I be able to find my friends again. Ok lets see, since you have a different look on making a friend online. Really I just see it as maybe going to a party talking to people. Then leaving, you had a good time but really you won't see that person again. So what? I see it as going on playing meeting people to talk to like the forums and then we go our separate ways. I don't build relationships. I do that outside the walls of my computer room.

It's not fitting into new places that's easy for me. It's the fact that... Hm Going from First class to second. Not the looks just the comfort level. (Well maybe some of the looks.) I'm not saying this is the crappiest site. Just not really up there in looks. It's mediocre.. In the end, I'll decide what I'll do.

We'll see...

Trying Something Different...A Fight... Between Two Lonely Heroes... Who's Side Are You On...?

07-21-2008   #86 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Ok I just took the time to read this thread in it's entirety. Forewarning, this is going to be long but I hope you take the time to read it and don't tl;dr it.

For those that haven't come across me yet, I am NoeJeko and I am the owner of this site. I'm not going to waste your time by explaining what happened; it's already been linked in here and the merge info threads have already been linked.

First, let me say that all of you have every right to be confused and upset over the suddenness of the merge. I wish Louhfu had made a more public announcement on LTS, but what's done is done and we cannot undo that. I just ask that you please understand that he was trying to look out for you all and give you a place to go after the LTS server was taken offline. I watched this happen personally - a major fansite shut down with absolutely no warning and the members were scattered everywhere - they've slowly been finding their way here every since.

Some still haven't found us. Some don't want to find us. Some are angry with us. But we'll keep doing our best for everyone that wants to be here.

Next, let me say that I share a lot of your concerns on combined communities. Sites like mmosite and OnRPG don't appeal to me - the communities are too spread out and it's like you're all complete strangers on the board. That's also why the individual game sites on those boards do so poorly.

MyMMO's mission is to create a site that the nomad MMO gamer can enjoy, but still retain that "close-knit" feeling that dedicated fansites have. I've received a lot of outside opinions on this site so far - from other fansites that have taken notice of us. They all like the idea, and some are even telling their members they should come here once they lose interest in the games they cover! We will always strive to keep that warm community that you expect in a dedicated fansite. We have a professional, active, and motivated staff that keeps the community organized, spam-free (or as close as we can get it), and fosters events and community cohesiveness.

We don't plan to cover every MMO that's released. We plan to listen to our community, see where they're going, and adjust the forums here accordingly to accommodate them.

We're constantly adding features to MyMMOGames. We have an arcade (though yes, it's lacking in games and I'm working on that), a very comprehensive wiki that people are working very hard on (props to you, wiki team), a full featured image gallery, a staff blog, built-in IRC chat (you don't even need a client, just click the chat link!), graphics contests, in-game promotions, cash shop gift events (that you don't have to reveal your entire personal history and get spammed for!), a market and feedback system (with a completely custom market module coming later this year), and many more features on the drawing board that I can't tell you about yet!

WE care greatly about our site and take personal pride in ownership of the site. Our staff is responsive, caring, and strict when they need to be. We have the manpower to properly manage the forums and keep something new coming out around every corner. We guarantee you that we will all work our asses off for you - because it's our community too! We aren't just the "forum gods that sit upon high and moderate the mortals". We're community members first.

I can personally empathize with you all about moving around. Growing up, I went through family divorces, fathers leaving me, being tossed around in different homes - I changed schools 7 times before I graduated high school. For those that don't know, I'm prior US Air Force. I was even taken out of my home country and sent to live and work in Italy for 4 years, as well as 4 different states in the US. I've lived in 9 states and 2 countries. I know first hand that moving sucks.

On that note, moving is what you make of it. If you have the mindset that "moving sucks, I'm going to be miserable", then it's gonna suck and you're going to be miserable. On the other hand, you can view it as a new opportunity! Meet new people! Try new things! Get info on a hot new MMO and try it out with your old friends and new MyMMO friends! LaTale is coming out, and you all have the opportunity to interact with people you may not have met outside LaTaleSource! Likewise, some of us may never have met some of you. There's a good side to everything if you just open your eyes and look!

Regarding the forum skin - you cannot please everyone. The current skin is what has evolved from the feedback we've gotten so far. We get feedback daily, and if you look hard enough you'll notice that layout tweaks happen all the time. We do our best but we'll never please everyone. We can just hope that those that don't like one aspect of the forum do like the other aspects.

I've seen complaints about the work that went into the graphics of LTS. We run graphics events all the time, and these talented artists (I've seen the LTS artwork/design) can enter and win the contests and contribute directly to MyMMO's design and layout. There are avenues for everything, you just have to look around for them!

I'm not trying to convince you to like us. If you want to leave and start your own site, you're welcome to - I won't try and stop you. But why not at least give us a chance first? After the dust has settled, look around and see what you have. Look at how many people are working so hard to give you the best MMO community experience on the web. If you still want to leave, then you have my thanks for giving us a shot, and I wish you good luck wherever you go.

- NoeJeko

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

07-21-2008   #87 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

-[R3N]- has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to -[R3N]- Send a message via MSN to -[R3N]- Send a message via Yahoo to -[R3N]-

I don't mind the site theme, think its nicely done in my opinion.

07-22-2008   #88 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

\o/ NoeJeko to the rescue. And yes, it`s a very informative post. Please read it =).

07-22-2008   #89 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Rallyn is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Rallyn
Class: Warrior 2H lt_warrior
Level: 41

Uh...That was long, but I get the point you were making. I think I'll stay for awhile, I have no where else to go. After all I guess I didn't want LTS to become another Holiccentral, That was a good fansite too. >.<

I just hope this place isn't a spam fest, I hate spam fests....iNod.

07-22-2008   #90 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Joon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Joon
IGN: S2준식S2
Class: Knight
Level: 11
Guild: None

I don't think one person can spam this whole forum, it's too big... or can he O_o

07-23-2008   #91 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Location: brazil Killed:336,396,133 Flooders IGN: darkwarrior
darkwarrior is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to darkwarrior

hey hey, wait.
the problem dont is the color, or anything, we dont want to divide the latale with others games in same forum, we want a fansite only for latale, a forum only for latale

if anyone wanna help about it, pm me

Die monsters DIEEEE~~
ign: darkwarrior (future gunslinger)
im looking for friends in DA o/
cosplay
.deviantart.
Hentai Guild

07-23-2008   #92 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Jeko: TL DR, (But I skimmed through it =P)

Sheep: It's already happened to me, twice, and I WAS able to find MOST members again.

General LaTale Source Public: I don't see the problem. As long as the skin isn't ugly to the point it bleeds your eyes out, I'm fine with whatever skin is used.

Theres a Wiki here, bigger community, and....uh............................. more.......funderfulness here? It's mostly a win - win situation to merge here.

07-23-2008   #93 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulDungeon Fighter OnlineFlyFFGrand Chase

Charmander will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Charmander Send a message via Skype™ to Charmander
IGN: Riyuu

Hey. >.>;;
I'm pretty confused as to what happened. D:
But, uh... Guess I'm here. >.>;

Grand Chase IGN: Riyuu

07-23-2008   #94 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hey hey... For those who feel a tad lost, you can PM me or any of the mods... or add us in MSN, or catch us in IRC (actually we're all over the place). We can show you around. o;

07-24-2008   #95 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

Welcome Back Charmander~, Come to the IRC

07-24-2008   #96 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwarrior
hey hey, wait.
the problem dont is the color, or anything, we dont want to divide the latale with others games in same forum, we want a fansite only for latale, a forum only for latale

if anyone wanna help about it, pm me
I don`t believe anything is being divided, more like being united. Making a fansite for LaTale and ONCE AGAIN, moving the community will cause division due to loss of members. Of course, that`s just my point of view.

No, we not a spam forum =). Rules are enforced here (with the help of members of course - use the report post feature) and make sure not to go into the random forum. There spam is on the loose.

07-25-2008   #97 (permalink)
He who laughs, lasts.
Games
Loong - The Power of the DragonLeague of LegendsProject BlackoutCabal Online
Awards Pervert Award

Crave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Crave
IGN: Cravey#1907
Guild: DiabloTalk

-Gets over it-

Complaining wont do anyone any good.

I agree with Bob.

07-25-2008   #98 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Well, just be contented with what you have currently O.K.?
Nothing is perfect right from the start, and perfection doesn't exist... So.. Yeah, just be glad with what you have currently.. So long as you can give us the chance to prove ourselves, and stop hating us for no apparent reasons. We did not cause the fall of LTS >.>
Anyway, its not only you guys who've suffered this fate anyway. If you would bother to check it up abit, please, look out for MyTrickster.net <<- Thats where most of us originated from anyway.

PM some mod for the full story, I'm just too lazy to type it out in this post :x

Anyway, if theres something wrong, or not up to YOUR standards about this site... Please, theres always the Feedback function for you to request a change... .-.

This is Kyuubey

Last edited by Silver Rook; 07-25-2008 at 01:54 AM.

07-27-2008   #99 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

grumble has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to grumble Send a message via MSN to grumble

Well, another boring day and I just found out Latalesource was taken offline. Haha. Oh well.

07-27-2008   #100 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Musashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Musashi Send a message via MSN to Musashi
Guild: Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble
Well, another boring day and I just found out Latalesource was taken offline. Haha. Oh well.
Actually is up right now O_o