ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/)
-   -   How do you pronounce LaTale? (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/3909-how-do-you-pronounce-latale.html)

Serec 06-24-2008 08:51 AM

Well, I'm at summer school right now and my teacher allows the students to use the computer if we have spare time. Anyways, I was just wondering how you guys pronounce LaTale. :3
I pronounce it Lah-Tail. :3 How do you guys do it?

LaTale 06-24-2008 12:16 PM

Lah-Tail.

BUT!
When i first came across the word "LaTale" i read it too fast and started to call it "Lalate". And I'm still calling it that. I need to fix my brain, it got a bunch of errors.. ô_ô

b1x6227 06-24-2008 12:42 PM

Quoted from Actozsofts homepage (www.actoz.com);

(!)Warning! Contains high amounts of Engrish!(!)

"The word 'La Tale' is mixed with the pronunciation of 'La' and the meaning of 'Tale'. La is a word with various meanings,
and means 'amazing' and 'Exciting'. If it goes for a interjection 'La Tale' will be 'Amazing and Exciting Story'. There's other meaning in the word 'La'.
In the Old Testament, 'Rah' means 'divinity' as a same pronunciation as 'La'. On the other hand 'Rah' also means 'The Calamity of The Gods'. In Persia,
if they put 'Rah' and their name together in the last part of the name, it would be 'right way' to go. Considering the meaningful word - 'La', we can
make out that this La-Tale is a story about exciting, divinity and calamity, and going right way.
You can explore exciting story with this meaningful title-"La Tale" Based on a Myth.
You will play the game from a story for *Iris Libiere', and start the journey to find the place where the iris will be!"

Yeah...not the best English ever written for a description, but by reading this we'll get some insight on how the word La is pronounced.

So the correct pronunciation would be "Rah-Tail(Though doesn't "tale" has it's own pronunciation?)

Either it's Rah Tale or Rah Tail. But then again...it's Koreans we're talking about here, and most of
us know about the little problem most Asian people got with the letters L and R :S.
Guess it's easier for different languages to pronounce it.

so taking into account that there's the little R/L pronuciation problem on the developers side,
then that would make it Lah-Tail, just like both of you said~

Me? Personally i just pronounce it very swedish, haha. Like this:Laah Tejl.
Though some times i switch over to the "english/korean" pronunciation.

....this is making my head spin. X(

Serec 06-24-2008 02:21 PM

@Otium
Haha, Lalate sounds funny. Anyway, keep trying buddy, you'll get it someday!

@ポルチーニ
I've managed to read that(not saying that it's long or anything) and I didn't know it was really pronounced Rah Tale. O.o
In my opinion, I think La Tail sounds better.

KouNeeSama 06-24-2008 08:00 PM

I say it like Lah-Tahl

GaraitzSux 06-25-2008 08:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kou Kayne @ Jun 24 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:

I say it like Lah-Tahl[/b]

Lay Tuuhle for me

Serec 06-25-2008 10:24 AM

To think that there was only two ways to pronounce LaTale, I guess I was wrong.

JerryJax 06-25-2008 12:32 PM

Hm, I am pretty sure it would be Lah-Tail. Alas, Cabal is pronounced as Cay-bail, Cay-ball, Ca-ball...and so forth. As long as we all play nice I am happy!http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...man/053_XD.gif

Serec 06-25-2008 01:04 PM

I used to play Cabal and I pronounced it Ca-bow. xD

Blitz 06-25-2008 08:18 PM

I call it Lah-Tale. :D

KouNeeSama 06-26-2008 09:18 AM

but tale, depends on which language are you, changes in sound ^^

for example in english it would seems very close to tail, i'm italian so for me is like "tah-leh" (without h sound)

Serec 06-26-2008 10:02 AM

Well, in the beginning when I first saw the name, I would pronounce it both ways, like, on and off.
It got annoying after a while so I just stuck with Lah-tail. :D

darkwarrior 06-26-2008 10:34 AM

the pronounce in portuguese like lah-tale

kimmi 06-26-2008 03:40 PM

<div align="center">lol~ x) latale would also be lah-tail for me. makes sense though >w<~
cabal, on the other hand (since it was brought up) is pronounced kuh-ball for me >:~
</div>

KouNeeSama 06-27-2008 05:33 PM

kuh-ball? XD

kimmi 06-27-2008 06:08 PM

<div align="center">D: yuh~ got a problem with it? x)~
the other pronounciations i can think of sounds freaky X3~
</div>

Serec 06-27-2008 08:01 PM

Kuh-BALLS? :o

KouNeeSama 06-27-2008 08:15 PM

no, it's funny XD
I pronunce it in a more Spanish/castellan way, i think ^^

Ami 06-28-2008 02:02 AM

My votes go to Lah-Tail. ;P

klaphood 06-28-2008 08:06 AM

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">hm i also voted for Lah-Tail, but i just noticed that i kinda pronounce it "Le-Tale" xD
so i should have chosen the 3rd answer! =pp</span>