MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-06-2010   7 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1301 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

10 seconds of lag when I log on and then happens frequently... well, it sucks during the 2x time while figuring out what the enemies are going to do IF you weren't lagging (aka spam pots/ES smashing at random moments). At least I leveled a few minutes before o_o;

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-06-2010   #1302 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Legend of Galasia

TeddyzAndPenguin is on a distinguished road
IGN: Justin Timberlake??? "OTL
Class: Pie wants rabies ;B lt_bard
Level: PRIMES ARE BAAAAD! 19x/12x/5x \(ToT;)/
Guild: Doesn't matter anymore.

The fact that fuzz can get an asura guitar and I can't. >;(

How potions at higher levels are mega expensive. (I've been using lv 70 pots since lv 100. x.x)

Click on my sig to view my LT videos!

02-06-2010   #1303 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeAbortions
- The lack of compliments I receive for my shotaro hat
It makes you look fat stunning.

02-06-2010   #1304 (permalink)
♥☆100%!!☆♥

FerretFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFerretFanatic has a spectacular aura about
IGN: I has rabies go away
Class: Full Support Bard :B lulsAsuraGuitar+3 lt_bard
Level: 15x! YA'LL SAID I COULDN'T DO IT AND I BELIEVED ALL OF YOU
Guild: SilentStrike :U We're afk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyzAndPenguin
The fact that fuzz can get an asura guitar and I can't. >;(

How potions at higher levels are mega expensive. (I've been using lv 70 pots since lv 100. x.x)

YO MOMMA
I haven't found a Candy Dagger after searching for 2hrs T^T;

02-06-2010   #1305 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light

LF > PvP Bard mentor T_T

How2getoutofgunslingercrossfire...

Well GS/X-Bow = PvP is easy but =/= better than everyone else? Idk if I need to be checked into a mental hospital or anything... I am sick of egos of whatever of any kind, like w/ one Lv 82 X-bow TH that said "hey, I'm the lowest level here and I pwn everything!" (but one of my team members hypothesizes he got those kills by "sniping" which is something I do not know waht it means). Idk anymore if it was a friendly comment or just something else.

When I go in a PvP Fight, I get irritated when people shout out "a bard? oh hey, the match is in the bag!"

Last edited by kmelfina; 02-06-2010 at 04:53 PM.

02-06-2010   #1306 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
LF > PvP Bard mentor T_T

Well GS/X-Bow = PvP is easy but =/= better than everyone else? Idk if I need to be checked into a mental hospital or anything... I am sick of egos of whatever of any kind, like w/ one Lv 82 X-bow TH that said "hey, I'm the lowest level here and I pwn everything!" (but one of my team members hypothesizes he got those kills by "sniping" which is something I do not know waht it means). Idk anymore if it was a friendly comment or just something else.

When I go in a PvP Fight, I get irritated when people shout out "a bard? oh hey, the match is in the bag!"
Bards are harder to master in PVP than other classes (IE: Gunslingers, Crossbow THs, Dagger THs, etc), so it would make sense for people to think that bards are easy to beat.

In order to be a good bard, you need to have honor; honor and a peeeeeenis:
~A LOT OF SPEED
~25+% min/max guitar
~25+% min/max stone
~Evil Sound, Sound of Spirit/Heart, Ice Fear II, Bubble II and Hail storm I/II
~8,000+ HP

Battle tips:
Usually two hits from the back would trip the person, so then you get behind the fallen foe and use bubble II so they get hit twice and trip once again. Then you can use Evil Sound. You can skip the Bubble II thing to use ES... Keep in mind a well timed back dash will leave you open to your attacker... So it's all up to you.

Using ES while the person flies into a corner is often a good idea too. If they try to run away and get farther from the corner, quickly stop and use Ice Fear II to trip them.

While the person runs away, using Hail Storm I or II is often a good way to trip them up. People try to jump and run at the same time, making them easy targets to swat down from the skies. Airskilling an Ice Fear II on to them is also good too - it sets you up to use Bubble II/ES.

If you're on the Yong Gyong map, you can use Ice Fear I/II or Hail Storm I/II to hit someone if they're above you. You can even get them with these skills if they're camping on the edge of the top tower. Be sure to "camp" as well, because this is one rare advantage that you would NOT want to give up.

If you're on a map where you know the person is below you, airskill Ice Fear II on to them. You can also run off a cliff and cast ES. You can do this with ANY SKILL, so be sure to use it to save up your magic concentration.

Keep in mind that healing a lot may be the thing that makes you lose. If the person gets you from behind, they can probably kill you with ease... So they might win just because they took more of your HP.

When using your buffs, try to get magic/luck sound of heart and sound of spirit. These buffs stay with you even after you die, so it helps a lot.

As a bard, there's no shame in running. You're squishy. Everything can pretty much cancel your skills. Just let the idiots run to you so you can smack them around with water skills. If they whine about your tactics, tell them to shove it.

That's basically all I can think of when it comes to bards... It took me a while to get a hang of being a bard, but it wasn't all that hard. I also use a laptop and I'm on the East Coast, so I'm at a slight disadvantaged compared to most other PVPers in terms of latency.

02-06-2010   #1307 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Legend of Galasia

TeddyzAndPenguin is on a distinguished road
IGN: Justin Timberlake??? "OTL
Class: Pie wants rabies ;B lt_bard
Level: PRIMES ARE BAAAAD! 19x/12x/5x \(ToT;)/
Guild: Doesn't matter anymore.

^ wow phenyl that was really accurate lol ._.;;

another thing I'd like to add is that...oh wait nvm you covered pretty much everything. :P

Click on my sig to view my LT videos!

02-06-2010   #1308 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineWonderKing OnlineLa TaleCarnage Blender

Sephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth
IGN: LeArc
Class: Ruin Walker lt_treasurehunter
Level: 197
Guild: Infiniti

44 deaths in one hour at Dark Ninjas.

F*** this game.

Just f*** it.
Dissention; 180/Dragoon - Xileh; 170 Strider
Elisevetyl; 121/Templar - TheFameMonster; 80/Guardian
PrettyH8Machine; 40/Engineer - ????; ??/??

I'm sort of back, I think. I don't know.

02-06-2010   #1309 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games

Makes sense, trip and air-skill hit. Thanks Phenyll~ Well thats the first step, training myself. But now I just need to know the capabilities of all the other classes and their strengths/weaknesses.

As for the equipment/weapon... I'll need Kuma T_T But idk if she'll enchant since she must a be a busy woman.

Frustration: 50k PvP points... seems like a mountain T_T. Idk if this plan should work out:

- PvP farm periodically for a year to get it (well grinding/laziness since no one's active much or just chatting it up)

- raise points for PvP Books THEN start learning to PvP Efficiently

- Equips made to be hax.

02-07-2010   #1310 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
I used to do that, but I've found that now that Mana's in the 120s, I can't. I have to use level 120 HP pots, otherwise a die a ton. I also burn through a fair amount of cherry pots too. It's really annoying how the regular pots just don't heal enough. Level 120 pots only cover about 25% of my HP at best (and with buffs/food, it's less).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretFanatic
I haven't found a Candy Dagger after searching for 2hrs T^T;
Only 2 hours? Sheeze, ferrets must get bored easy. I grinded at large ice creams for about 8 levels across a week or two and never got a single freaking dagger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
That's easy, just die!

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

02-07-2010   #1311 (permalink)
♥☆100%!!☆♥

FerretFanatic has a spectacular aura aboutFerretFanatic has a spectacular aura about
IGN: I has rabies go away
Class: Full Support Bard :B lulsAsuraGuitar+3 lt_bard
Level: 15x! YA'LL SAID I COULDN'T DO IT AND I BELIEVED ALL OF YOU
Guild: SilentStrike :U We're afk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
Only 2 hours? Sheeze, ferrets must get bored easy. I grinded at large ice creams for about 8 levels across a week or two and never got a single freaking dagger!
Make it 8 hrs T^T;
I TRY AGAIN TODAYYYYYY.

02-07-2010   #1312 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhenyl

from the back... you get behind... person flies into a corner... if they try to run away... While the person runs away... People try to jump and run...
Decided to re-read the paragraph and isolated a few points on enemy actions, I just don't know how to push it to that point of the battle. Enemies I met don't run or attempt to dodge, they charge at me (PvPed a GS buddy of mine, the only time she ran was after I was resurrected). I know one part is to dodge attacks and counter attack (if I'm not constantly KBed, knocked down and THEN KBed again thus having no chance to react), but some battles are when I just have to keep running while the enemy jsut sits and recovers for more energy to bash me with.

Frustration: well... Bifrost quests. Enemies there seem too Over Powering to me to have quests at
119?

EDIT EDIT: Lost... to a Lv 86 Bard... damnit I'm such an idiot, I should've been a coward and kept on running.... /wrists. I had all damn water skills, had Back Dash at disposal, had all those pipes, +43 freakin' levels for more power and accuracy... what I went wrong was not knowing what to do when cornered by ES (cannot fight back, have time to re-attatch skills to Normal Attack... ugh...). And now I used up so much time losing PvP I now will be too tired to work on hw such as prepare my paper/speech which is due Tuesday /fails game+life

Decided to PvP again... w/ my guildmate Lv 84 GS. Fought against 111 Bard and 116 GS. I tried using Phynell's advice but: the enemies don't run, they ****ing charge at me which = screwed and no chance of hitting if something comes at you, cannot counter attack and struggling through KB from ES and guns at same time. When I jump to dodge bubble buble and ES, I get caught then killed. I use Hailstone immediately after they faceplant hoping it freezes them, it never does... cannot time things right since all this lag is just... screw it I'm gonna do my paper-essay since guildmate's now at 3x IDR event.

Last edited by kmelfina; 02-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.

02-07-2010   #1313 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Metalzdragon will become famous soon enoughMetalzdragon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Bolthead
Class: Disturbing looking robot master with long arms
Level: TLTL: Too-Lazy-To-Level

Quote:

THIS

Paying nearly 1 mil for a stack of HP, MP, and Combo pots makes me go

02-07-2010   #1314 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

kmelfina, you won't be winning against a GS any time soon (you need a lot of practice). They have better range, more power, and are fast in every manner possible. Even a crappy one can own a bard since bards lack the range to keep a GS at bay. The only people who can stand up to GSs with ease are folks who have a crap load of HP or evasion. You can also win against them if you know how to camp. Basically, as long as they can't hit you or knock you back, you can win.

In other words, if you have less than 10k~13k HP or less than 50 evasion... You better hope for a good camping/running map.

THEN AGAIN! The use of back dash, counter, or uppercut coupled with high speed may make gunslingers easier for you to kill. Knowing how to use dips in the ground to duck/make them come to you is also another way to beat them.

The Toad/Treasure maps have dips you can abuse.
The Dot Nuri/Treasure/Yong Gyong maps have decent camping spots.

Luckily for you, many Gunslingers seem to be very slow and don't pick up on tactics such as this... So feel free to use it whenever.

LASTLY!(because this post needs to end and I can probably write a novel on PVPing) you need to practice against something other than a GS. Let's face it, a GS is OP when compared to every other class. A blader or TH around your level would be a good sparing partner. As would another bard. Warlords and Sorcerers are more difficult to handle, and most meisters are near impossible to knock back without a well placed ES or strong tier II skill.

If you want, I can PVP you a couple of times on my bard whenever you want to practice.

02-08-2010   #1315 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games

Thanks Phenyll~

PvPing... I faced 99.9999% GSes teh entire time, the rest were X-Bow THs/other Bards. Well, repetitive fights against the same people over and over again = boring and I sit the matches out. Well they get free points and more time for me on Youtube XD I decided to test out a friend's GS (well we were bored and wondered what it was like to switch classes) and found out that GSes really are OP O_O Though at the time she had weak equips, the range and KB made up for it. Won against fights of X-Bow THs/Explorers (the matches were close though).

Alright, I'll PvP Practice when I have free time.

500 points til Uppercut woot~

02-09-2010   #1316 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Gune is an unknown quantity at this point

The "you can't do that job now" message every damn time in the free market when browsing shops.

Last edited by Gune; 02-09-2010 at 06:04 PM.

02-09-2010   #1317 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Mika will become famous soon enough
IGN: Swedish
Class: Gold digge- no♥ lt_treasurehunter
Guild: ShiningRay

TONIO. TONIO. TONIO. TONIO. TONIO. TONIO. He constantly eating my ely.

Hes sexy.

02-09-2010   #1318 (permalink)
Takamina=waifu material
Games
Iris OnlineLegend of EddaLa Tale

Bacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Bacon
IGN: Bacon
Class: Cleric
Guild: Hello Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika

Hes sexy.
o yas 8( 8( 8(

I hate when people think I'm ignoring them when I'm afk. They see my idle guitar strumming and go like "ZOMG WHY U IGNORE ME@@@@@@!!!!eeee" and I'm like wat when I come back.

02-09-2010   #1319 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandano
I hate when people think I'm ignoring them when I'm afk. They see my idle guitar strumming and go like "ZOMG WHY U IGNORE ME@@@@@@!!!!eeee" and I'm like wat when I come back.
Just as planned

02-09-2010   #1320 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdgr
Just as planned

That's the sexist Iris I have ever seen.