LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-22-2013   #1 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn
Default What do you think about S2?

I'm really enjoying it, I feel like it made LT a whole lot better now. I'm loving all the quest support for just about every level, and I think EXP. tables were actually adjusted for a lot more levels than just 170+. I love how 2nd job is only 50, and I'm actually having fun with the new class. I don't really like how you can't farm instance dungeons for Ely anymore, but hopefully this helps other methods of obtaining Ely a little more viable. I was also a little disappointed that crafting is still pretty blah, but I love how the world map has been changed as well. It does fit the "flow and pace" of leveling, and while it seems strange to see Dark Forest in Elfa, it makes sense since a lot of the enemies there are around the level you are when you reach Elfa.

I absolutely love how much easier 3rd and sub job quests are now, and how they give you a free Ugly Egg with auto-loot in the beginning, I think it translates into Handsome Egg though haha. I wish you could extend its life with Herbs, though. Questing gives a loooooot of Ely now, and that's great, but I'm it might turn the game into you making new characters, doing a ton of quests for Ely, then deleting and starting over. Wanted board quests do give Ely, but it's not very much and you can only do each particular quest 3 times a day. Request boards are actually not so bad, they don't give much and they ask for a lot, but that adds up to be a lot of extra EXP., I like to see them as giving EXP. for your deaths as they typically give me about 1-2% with every 3-4 request turn ins at 130+.

The class re-balance seems really nice too, but I think we're back into the age of Gunslingers being king of PvP haha. Regardless, sword Templars seem amazing right now and I think they're going to get better with more updates from kLT. I also love all the different basic weak and strong attacks every class got, and how the skill trees are unified into one rather than having two weapon skill trees. Though I do miss some skills like Atomic Break.

Overall, I think S2 is amazing and I'm so glad they did it. Questing is fantastic now and leveling up is a breeze. You can still grind if you want, but you don't feel forced to any more. I look forward every day to logging in and asking my self "Who should I play today?"

What do you think of S2?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-22-2013   #2 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

i am really enjoying S2 as well. it gave the much needed changes to the game lol the new class is great. pretty fun, versatile and OP although i do find their passive tree to be lacking in most areas

i do love the new map, but i question the logic behind some of the area placements. dark forest in elfa doesnt make sense, snowfield at the bottom of an ocean (atlantis), bongolle train in midgard. also dont like how they removed the ability to go into most indoor places as well as scrapping sunset street. however i do love the new elias music /o/

quests are nice, but grinding is still far better at spooky and tiger temple levels. i do love the quest tracker thingy though. its not to be able to see every quest that is available to you and to know which ones are dungeon and which ones are normal. i am glad it has made my guide obsolete because i would not (and i wouldnt regardless anyways xD) want to update it

skills are great, sad for some missing skills but for the most part its an improvement in every area. although its not perm im loving the free skill reset event going on right now as well lol magic being able to airskill without magic concentration is great as well, too bad my earth mage doesnt get that change though =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
I don't really like how you can't farm instance dungeons for Ely anymore, but hopefully this helps other methods of obtaining Ely a little more viable. I was also a little disappointed that crafting is still pretty blah, but I love how the world map has been changed as well.
in a way i do wish that crafting was changed back lol i sort of miss the days of minetale, although i prolly wouldnt take advantage of that anymore since there are better ways of making ely lol although no instance farming sphinx/vintor for ely is kind of sad (its not because of the instance limit, but because the armors only sell for 200 ely now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Questing gives a loooooot of Ely now, and that's great, but I'm it might turn the game into you making new characters, doing a ton of quests for Ely, then deleting and starting over.
tbh i dont see this very likely. sure it gives an OK amount of ely, but really for the amount of time it takes to get a larger amount of ely from a new character is definitely not worth it. it would be much better in the long run to make a high level character that can farm some of the money making instances like expert colo and hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
The class re-balance seems really nice too, but I think we're back into the age of Gunslingers being king of PvP haha.
pvp still sucks =\ every class is OP and now with all the darkness gears and remedies and jewels and blah blah blah its just a big fat OHKOfest. but naked pvps are still always fun =D

05-22-2013   #3 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
naked pvps are still always fun =D

05-22-2013   #4 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

I'm enjoying the new minstrel skills, i have to use a proxy to log into the game though so because of the lag i haven't explored that much of S2.

05-23-2013   #5 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
i do love the new map, but i question the logic behind some of the area placements. dark forest in elfa doesnt make sense, snowfield at the bottom of an ocean (atlantis), bongolle train in midgard. also dont like how they removed the ability to go into most indoor places as well as scrapping sunset street. however i do love the new elias music /o/
The stuff out of Atlantis makes some sense given the technology level of Atlantis and that they're more like instance portals. I think of them as wormholes to another area/planet and it kinda works. Still a bit funky. Some things make no sense at all, like the Underground Tunnel being off the Aquarium. You're underwater in an aquarium, who'd put that kind of tunnel in to nowhere? And yeah, the train, being obviously in a desert, now linked off of Midgard is another one that makes no sense at all. ( ̄へ ̄)

Quote:
quests are nice, but grinding is still far better at spooky and tiger temple levels. i do love the quest tracker thingy though. its not to be able to see every quest that is available to you and to know which ones are dungeon and which ones are normal. i am glad it has made my guide obsolete because i would not (and i wouldnt regardless anyways xD) want to update it
The quest thing still isn't perfect. It's hard, to impossible, to figure out what quests you need to do before a quest to unlock it. There's a couple of event quests listed that I'm not sure are actually active in fact. If they are, I have no clue how you unlock them. (They're both still in Korean so the text isn't any help.) Still, it's much better than before. \(^ ^)/

Quote:
in a way i do wish that crafting was changed back lol i sort of miss the days of minetale,
I do do not miss that. Not at all. \(--)/

Quote:
although no instance farming sphinx/vintor for ely is kind of sad (its not because of the instance limit, but because the armors only sell for 200 ely now)
Actually it's 100 Ely. I think it's a bit too low, since you have regular non-instance armor that sells for far more. I'd like to see the prices set to the price of normal armor of the same type around the same level. That would still work for the goal of lowering the amount of Ely in circulation, but wouldn't make it so the armor's just totally wasted space in your EQ inventory now. (Unless you're farming for the pieces for a set or for the codex.)

I'm really enjoying season 2 a lot. The game feels much more fun and much less grindy now. All the grinding was what drove me away to start with. Now I can do quests and leveling at lower levels is super easy that way. I've been working on my Engineer/Meister the past few days and have gone from 46 to nearly 80 in pretty short order. I'll probably keep leveling her till the free auto-loot pet dies, then I'll work on another char. I've also taken both my Bard and my Blader through 3rd job change and that was soooooo much better than when I did it for Manabi. ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ Manabi's sub-class quests were much better too, although I don't particularly care for her sub-class.

I hope they get Lucky Hit settled before the free resets go away, although I'm probably going to put it back in my build. Right now I have 10 points in for the cooldown lowering passive skill and that's a waste, so I'll probably just reset and take Lucky Hit back. I'm pretty happy with the build otherwise so that should work. And I always did like LH in general. I became Treasure Hunter/Ruin Walker as my main class because of the treasure hunting skills (increased IDR/RIDR/Ely Gain/etc.) (^∇^)

Oh yeah, killed Sphinx to get my Meister an armor set, and I kill it so freaking fast now. It's nice to feel powerful instead of like squishy roadkill. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

05-23-2013   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
The quest thing still isn't perfect. It's hard, to impossible, to figure out what quests you need to do before a quest to unlock it. There's a couple of event quests listed that I'm not sure are actually active in fact. If they are, I have no clue how you unlock them. (They're both still in Korean so the text isn't any help.) Still, it's much better than before. \(^ ^)/
i think its pretty easy to understand. each quest has a little box at the bottom of the quest window and often itll have a quest title in it. basically it means if you do that quest that quest thats in the box will unlock afterwards. although quests that need multiple quests done to be unlocked (like i know theres one in bifrost where you have to do all the quests for it to unlock sans shinden kai) wont show up until youve met the requirements :V

07-19-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Aemilie is on a distinguished road

For lower-level grinding, I like that Spooky's become easier to access.

07-19-2013   #8 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemilie
For lower-level grinding, I like that Spooky's become easier to access.
The single-instance dungeons actually came with the first big patch after S2. We got that content much faster than expected, same with the new pet & crafting systems.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

10-26-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

ChaoTachi is an unknown quantity at this point

Content wise, I really enjoy it. Didn't expect it from OGP, but they did well.

As for lag. Either it got worse or still the same.