Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-18-2013   #21 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Gawsh now I really do need Boot Camp and Windows 7. This looks great and I'm thrilled that it's finally here!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2013   #22 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna
Gawsh now I really do need Boot Camp and Windows 7. This looks great and I'm thrilled that it's finally here!
It really is awesome, everything's totally different and it's much more fun now. The rebalancing on damage and kickback is just super! Before S2 I couldn't do quests around my level because I died too quick, now I can actually do them without too much difficulty. ♪~♪ d(⌒o⌒)b♪~♪

3rd job quests and sub-class quests are much, much simpler now too.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

05-23-2013   #23 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

I wonder if OGP's trailer making team was changed as well in season 2.

05-24-2013   #24 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
I wonder if OGP's trailer making team was changed as well in season 2.
I wouldn't be surprised, they seem to have a fairly high turnover rate in GMs, so I suspect the rest of their staff has a high turnover too.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),

06-09-2013   #25 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to VirusChris
IGN: ChrisYuushi
Class: Strider lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: VirakinWarriors (Guild Master)

Wow... is everyone coming back? I have to re-add my skill points to my Blader now and I'm not sure what to point it in now with everything re-arranged! XD

Anyone I hope they continue the story of Iris soon (in Korea and bring it here in the US)... with my new Gaming PC there's hardly no lag when I play it now though I have the Ethernet cable connect to my computer.

The story of the game has evolved a bit, when I talked to Rothan he said Iris should be turning 20 now instead of 17 last time I checked and he mentions that she's not a little girl anymore. Heh... though what happen to my quests I was doing before? All gone and did ALL of them reset? Is that why I don't see Muwen's entrance in the Inn anymore?

So I HAVE to replay all of the quests now? Might as well promote my Blader to Strider... I don't think I did the 3rd Job and Sub Class quests yet but now it looks much better to do so now.

Hopefully I'll meet so of you guys online, I think all of my buddies are gone now.

06-09-2013   #26 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusChris
Wow... is everyone coming back? I have to re-add my skill points to my Blader now and I'm not sure what to point it in now with everything re-arranged! XD

Anyone I hope they continue the story of Iris soon (in Korea and bring it here in the US)... with my new Gaming PC there's hardly no lag when I play it now though I have the Ethernet cable connect to my computer.

The story of the game has evolved a bit, when I talked to Rothan he said Iris should be turning 20 now instead of 17 last time I checked and he mentions that she's not a little girl anymore. Heh... though what happen to my quests I was doing before? All gone and did ALL of them reset? Is that why I don't see Muwen's entrance in the Inn anymore?

So I HAVE to replay all of the quests now? Might as well promote my Blader to Strider... I don't think I did the 3rd Job and Sub Class quests yet but now it looks much better to do so now.

Hopefully I'll meet so of you guys online, I think all of my buddies are gone now.
A lot of people have come back, yeah. I'm back, although I'm playing on my Engistar more than on Manabi lately.

On your skill build, test it now, and test it thoroughly. Right now the skill resets you can buy in the ely shops for 100,000 ely work just like a professional skill reset book from the Astro shop. And there's no cost to rebuy your skills either. The description will say there is, but when you go to buy it you won't be charged anything. But this ends on June 13th, so do your testing before then!

All quests were reset, including scenario quests. The scenario quests are different, and much more talkative than before. I'm pretty sure there's also more of them. All other quests were reset as well, so every quest in the game's there to do again. Be sure to check the Red Abio Ranger guy on the left-most side of Belos, he has quests at ever 10th level that give you some goodies for leveling, and also for both class changes. Some of the stuff's pretty nice, like free res pots. You can also go see the king in the Elias palace and he has some quests that let you turn in your old scenario quest items for some goodies, including super puzzle coupons.

I'd suggest you promote to strider ASAP so you can test your skill builds before the 13th gets here. It is quite a bit easier, I've done it 3 times now, on Bard, Blader and Meister.

06-09-2013   #27 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

VirusChris will become famous soon enoughVirusChris will become famous soon enough

I see... that's awesome but AFTER the 13th the effect wears off? I got 4 days to do some testing!

So ALL of the scenario quests have resetted then? Great I have to rewrite the old scenario dialogue now to keep the story straight and right and as accurate as possible.

Hopefully the story is good... and there's more to the scenarios now? I wonder how much details are put into the Iris Livier Storyline, I hope the finish that so we find Iris, rescue her, and have our characters start a brand new arc. I really like to know as much about the world of LaTale as possible and its characters.

So I still need a party to enter the Instance Dungeon still, right? I'm a LV193 Blader so I will definitely kill ALL of the monsters super easily and quickly. And my other dudes are over LV100 for one and the other over 80 while my second account one has at least 10 - 50 in the range.

Any guides to getting Strider now? I like to get it ASAP if this bonus ends the 13th. Good way to warm up on my old rusty skills.

06-09-2013   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Loreli is on a distinguished road
IGN: Uyie

I don't know if they changed the quests but Pie's quest guide may still be applicable. They definitely changed the level since the third jobs have been moved to level 100.

06-09-2013   #29 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

my guide is no longer applicable to almost anything in the game. its really not that hard though. the game tells you where every quest that is available to you as well as what kind of quest it is (story, job change, normal dungeon, etc)

as far as the story goes, the concept is still the same in most parts. some things were changed and some things were translated better as well as other little details added in. there are parts where i prefer the old (horribly translated lol) story better but overall the new one is much more detailed.

id suggest you not think too hard about finding iris. the chances of her story being continued any time soon is slim to none. that being said, there are still several new places that have already been hinted at (a third continent, another dimension where demons live, and the place behind hells door (which would continue with iris' story) yggdrasil)

06-09-2013   #30 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
my guide is no longer applicable to almost anything in the game. its really not that hard though. the game tells you where every quest that is available to you as well as what kind of quest it is (story, job change, normal dungeon, etc)

as far as the story goes, the concept is still the same in most parts. some things were changed and some things were translated better as well as other little details added in. there are parts where i prefer the old (horribly translated lol) story better but overall the new one is much more detailed.

id suggest you not think too hard about finding iris. the chances of her story being continued any time soon is slim to none. that being said, there are still several new places that have already been hinted at (a third continent, another dimension where demons live, and the place behind hells door (which would continue with iris' story) yggdrasil)
I see... Iris' story will continue and be done, but not until MUCH later. ^^;
Good to know, but I will see what they have in store.

I will update my Scenario parts when I can.

So Instance Dungeons... still party only?

06-09-2013   #31 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute

still party only, but a later update will allow you to enter with or without a party (if you watch future content videos a sign that says solo or party will appear when they enter a dungeon)

06-09-2013   #32 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

Well good thing I have two computers then to use my two accounts at the same time to form a party of myself and I.

Too bad the little "glitch" where if you typed your character's name into the Party box to add you add yourself and form a party. They HAD to fix that... >>;
I kinda miss it.

06-09-2013   #33 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
I see... that's awesome but AFTER the 13th the effect wears off? I got 4 days to do some testing!
To be fair, it started with S2 launch, so it's been going on for nearly a month, you just found out about it late.

Quote:
Any guides to getting Strider now? I like to get it ASAP if this bonus ends the 13th. Good way to warm up on my old rusty skills.
You won't need one, it's much, much simpler. I did the Strider one on my Blader in fact, it wasn't hard, just a few annoying quests. (Like gathering up certain plants.) The Meister->Engistar one was the worst of the three I've done, mainly cause it is obsessed with making you gather Purification Grass. There were 3 different quests that made you do it, first was to get around 20, then 40, and finally 60. I absolutely hate Purification Grass now. ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Quote:
So Instance Dungeons... still party only?
Yes, but there is one exception. They Hyunmu quests have you go into a solo instance instead for those. In there they nerf Hyunmu so he's much easier to kill and you can survive the quest better at lower levels. All the others take place in the regular instances and require a party.

If you do Monster Codex the solo instance is handy because the monsters respawn in it. You can use it to farm cards before completing the scenario quest. ヾ(・ω・`) You won't be able to go back in once you're done with the scenario.

06-09-2013   #34 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

So monsters respawn in Instance Dungeons now? Hmm... duly noted.

Alright where do I go to start the 3rd Job Class? I haven't played this game in MONTHS so I have visited any of the new areas yet.

06-09-2013   #35 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
So monsters respawn in Instance Dungeons now? Hmm... duly noted.
No, only that Hyunmu scenario instance, they don't respawn anywhere else, including Toad Island instances. (Which makes the quests a royal pain in the ass to complete now.) The Hyunmu scenario instance is special since you have to do some quests while inside it that require collecting drops.

Quote:
Alright where do I go to start the 3rd Job Class? I haven't played this game in MONTHS so I have visited any of the new areas yet.
Xenadia. Once there you can check the map (M key by default) and see what NPCs on it have quests for you. Check them till you find which one has the starting class change quest. It will be labeled as such, the rest will be labeled as Normal or Normal Quest. I don't remember which one had the start quest for Strider or I'd tell you. _| ̄|○ One tip, there's a new menu option that allows you to move around within Xenadia. It doesn't hit all the NPCs, but it hits enough of them to make it a hell of a lot easier to get around in there now.

06-10-2013   #36 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
No, only that Hyunmu scenario instance, they don't respawn anywhere else, including Toad Island instances. (Which makes the quests a royal pain in the ass to complete now.) The Hyunmu scenario instance is special since you have to do some quests while inside it that require collecting drops.
I see.... don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Why they do that for the Toad Island Quests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
Xenadia. Once there you can check the map (M key by default) and see what NPCs on it have quests for you. Check them till you find which one has the starting class change quest. It will be labeled as such, the rest will be labeled as Normal or Normal Quest. I don't remember which one had the start quest for Strider or I'd tell you. _| ̄|○ One tip, there's a new menu option that allows you to move around within Xenadia. It doesn't hit all the NPCs, but it hits enough of them to make it a hell of a lot easier to get around in there now.
Alright... how do I get to Xenadia?

I like to make this trip as quick as possible... I think I have a hardware problem with my new Gaming PC as I built it myself as my mouse and keyboard locks up and I can't use it until I reboot the computer which is a hassle.

So the connection speed is more stable right?

06-10-2013   #37 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

dont know why they changed toad (might be like that in kr? idk) pretty dumb imo though lol however spooky and tiger temple still have respawning mobs so i guess thats fine since theyre the main grinding spots

to get to xenadia you have to go through orca beach

06-10-2013   #38 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

Thanks!

So since I'm LV193 how fast will I accomplish the quests and is it just one quest or a few different ones to get the 3rd Job?

06-10-2013   #39 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

theres about 50 quests, you can do it in like an hour or two

06-10-2013   #40 (permalink)
Virakin of Darkness
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
theres about 50 quests, you can do it in like an hour or two
50 Quests!? For a job extension? o_0
Wow... but I can complete it in an hour or two?

Hmm... hopefully. Everything I need to obtain my 3rd Job is in that new continent Xenadia, right?

Last edited by VirusChris; 06-10-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Update