Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice
Default I just don't get it.

So, what we need is an adventure from Belos. What kind of adventure? Shall we explore a new place? Nope. Shall we kill a buncha monsters in various places? Nope. The adventure is... suicide times 100. Wtf? That's not an adventure. That's a pain in the ***. Easy, but a pain in the ***.

What do you think about a quest where the goal is to kill yourself about a 100 times and it's named "What we need is an adventure"?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

explore heaven man.

but really,thats like one of the most unique quests ive ever seen.
kill yourself?
100 times??
prepostorus

09-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

no where does it say you have to kill yourself
cant you just play the game?
and if and when you die that amount of times, you get reawrded with the title
like' omg you rly suck, here have this *pats ' ^^

09-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough

well,true,its not kill yourself 100 times,but that could take awhile to do.
so im guessing the majority who gets the quests waits till they lvl up,put everything in the bank,and purposely die a ton of times lol

09-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future

yea thats what i did^^
just saying that if op think its a pain in the ***
he doesnt have to do it and would still probly get the title anyway.. eventually.
but then i guess it can depends on class.
being a bow explorer i die quit a lot anyways.
not a great tank and lag rly doesnt help hit and run tactics ;p

09-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Yeah. I plan on NOT dying by monsters as few times as possible. And it usually works. So without doing it on purpose right now, it could take a looooooong while.

By the way, I'm a knight and I tank quite well usually. Especially with party. I don't die too often usually.

09-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

idunno,for me i hardly die as a dagger explorer.
i tend to be in parties and i have tons of pots from quests.
so the only time i ever die is when i lag in a mob /=
plus i tend to over level at areas so when i go to the next area,its easy for me.
but hey,that could change,im only lvl 17 lol

09-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

qooo is on a distinguished road

hmm i don't remember doing a quest that tells you to kill yourself 100 times... i've practically finished all the belos quest and there is nothing that tells you to kill yourself 100 times

Qoo - Warrior
Caramel - lvl 63 sheep
IceCream - lvl 142 lion

09-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games

its just listed as hidden mission.
you get it from the guy in the weapon shop.
after you die 100 times and complete it you get the title - indomitable explorer
and it gives you 5% def, which is nice.

09-23-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing
its just listed as hidden mission.
you get it from the guy in the weapon shop.
after you die 100 times and complete it you get the title - indomitable explorer
and it gives you 5% def, which is nice.
I'd rather have the title that increases movement speed by like, 10% or whatever.

It's not a noticeable amount, unless you're running with someone, and even then, its not alot, but still, I prefer speed over anything else. :x

But yeah, dying 100 times is a long wait.

09-23-2008   #11 (permalink)
i dont even...

Azix has a spectacular aura aboutAzix has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Azix
IGN: Azix
Class: Elven Archer lu_arien
Level: 80
Guild: Invasion

Die 100 times in PvP. No experience loss, no Ely loss. Fun, and you get the title.

09-23-2008   #12 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

well you guys are all saying that if you dont purposely die itll take you a long time right? in that long time dont you think youd have a lot of adventures? by the time that your done without purposely killing yourself then i think that the quest name holds true =/

09-24-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TalePangya

JerryJax will become famous soon enoughJerryJax will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to JerryJax Send a message via MSN to JerryJax Send a message via Skype™ to JerryJax
IGN: [GA]Jerry
Class: Minstrel lt_bard
Level: 180
Guild: Cookies

Well, I am going to try this. I have recorded with Fraps 20 deaths and it is pretty funny to watch. I will upload it on YouTube and I'm thinking of putting the song Dead - My Chemical Romance along with it.

LaTale: [GA]Jerry/Minstrel/LvL 18x

09-24-2008   #14 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
well you guys are all saying that if you dont purposely die itll take you a long time right? in that long time dont you think youd have a lot of adventures? by the time that your done without purposely killing yourself then i think that the quest name holds true =/
But the quest doesn't require that you have an adventure. Also, by the time I die enough times, I may have a different title that's better. Unless I go pvp the whole time.

09-24-2008   #15 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

It's just a quest title..better than them giving "Quest #45" sometimes, there's not much to it. There's a quest titled "Random. Random? Random!" and you collect leaves and claws. It's random. I find LT quests to be interesting. Dying quests, getting knock back, walk/run left/right 999 times. Stuff that you'd eventually complete over the course of the game, but yet, you still get rewards from it.

09-24-2008   #16 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

+5% Defense is AMAZING for knights and everyone else later on in the game.

Save at a stone and go naked and die purposely. When you revive, revive at the stone and repeat. You also revive at half HP, so it's faster. Takes about 10 minutes.

09-24-2008   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

qooo is on a distinguished road

i don't remember dying 100 times, i think it's killing 100 times for 1 hidden quest. so you would have to kill 400 of those to do 4 hidden quests. I'm 100% sure that i didn't die 100 times >_> because i've only died 4 times in this game so far

Qoo - Warrior
Caramel - lvl 63 sheep
IceCream - lvl 142 lion

09-24-2008   #18 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

I didn't kill a thing and completed the quest. Though I lost track of how many times I died so I can't say for certain I died 100 times to complete it.

09-24-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
Yeah. I plan on NOT dying by monsters as few times as possible. And it usually works. So without doing it on purpose right now, it could take a looooooong while.

By the way, I'm a knight and I tank quite well usually. Especially with party. I don't die too often usually.
Well, since you're a knight, why not think of it this way?

You're so devoted that you are willing to die for your guild/beliefs/justice... 100 times over if necessary.

It's what I did. Besides, I respect a game that doesn't take itself seriously. In Mabinogi, it was "learn from defeat," and here it's just "die." But yeah, the fact that the game itself isn't expecting you to be the world's most insurmountable player kind of takes away from the tension that usually comes from trying not to die. And hey--if you suicide 100 times, it can't really be said that the monsters killed you if you actually let them do it, right?

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

09-24-2008   #20 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by qooo
i don't remember dying 100 times, i think it's killing 100 times for 1 hidden quest. so you would have to kill 400 of those to do 4 hidden quests. I'm 100% sure that i didn't die 100 times >_> because i've only died 4 times in this game so far
i believe you are mistaken for the "Find Nana" quest. the "What We Need Is An Adventure" quest there is only one hidden mission and it is indeed to die 100 times.

also for the "Find Nana" quest you have to move left/right 999 times not kill things 400 times