ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Fandom (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-fandom/)
-   -   Quick 400 Astros Guide (Survey sites etc) (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-fandom/34101-quick-400-astros-guide-survey-sites-etc.html)

Shugi 01-03-2009 10:19 AM

Quick 400 Astros Guide (Survey sites etc)

This guide will try to help you get 400 Astros quickly and efficiently.
PrizeRebel is affiliated with OGPlanet! PrizeRebel will send you an Event coupon code when you request 200 astros!

What are you using Shugi? Currently I'm using: PrizeRebel.com (notice how there's no referral link? :P)

Before I start explaining the process of doing the offers, I have some things to say. The amount of points/$ you can earn on the websites will depend on where you live. USA will have the most offers, the UK has quite a lot as well, Canadians not so much. This guide can be used for other games as well. You don't have to necessarily redeem your points for astros. Also please use REAL info when filling out the forms, fraud is unethical. Even if they will spam your inbox, you giving them fake info is against the law. Now Let's start.

Topics I will cover:
  • How they make money
  • Why you should use real information
  • Tools needed to speed up the process
  • Signing up
  • Completing offers
  • Types of offers

How they make money
The process of how they make money is quite simple. You will fill out some offers from the website's sponsors, the sponsor will pay the website a certain amount of money for each person that signs up. They will then share their profits with you. Since so many people are doing this on a large scale they make enough to make profit, but at the same time enough to buy you a little gift.
Example:
RoflWaffles - Monkeys vs Donkeys
You fill out your info on their survey about Monkeys vs Donkeys. Now the sponsor pays the website $2.50 for you doing the survey, the website now gives you 0.5 points for the survey being completed correctly.

Why you should use real information
  1. You will be banned.
  2. The website will be fined
  3. Fraud/Identity theft
You will banned because the website is giving their sponsors fake information. This information is normally used for the sponsor's surveys/market research. You provided them a fake address/name. How will they know where to market their items? It's like you're doing a school research project and library decides to give you fake books. You're the website, and your teacher is the sponsor. So now you hand your report to your teacher. You're teacher is going to be mad at you for giving him/her a crappy report with fake information. You will now shun the library because they did a bad job. I'm sure I don't need to explain fraud/identity theft.

Tools
  • Internet Explorer
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • CCleaner
  • Roboform
  • Google Toolbar
  • Real email address
  • Temporary Email Address
Internet Explorer
This is needed just to be able to view all the offers right. Some won't show up correctly in firefox.

Mozilla Firefox
This will be used to check your email address.

CCleaner (Stands for Crap Cleaner)
Probably one of the best if not the best computer cleaning tool out there. It can be obtained here: CCleaner - Home

Roboform
Your essential tool to fill out the forms! Without this it will take you more than 30mins per offer. With this tool it will take 1~5minutes per offer! All you need is the trial version which can be obtained here: RoboForm: Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management

Google Toolbar
This is needed to block some of the annoying pop ups. It won't block java script pop ups, which are the ones you will need to see!

Real email address
This email address will be used to sign up for the main website. If you don't use a valid email address you may be banned. Just hope the website you chose is ethical enough not to spam you.

Temporary Email address / Spare email address
This will be used to sign up for the offers. Everyone hates spam, all you need it for is 10minutes! Found here: 10 Minute Mail
This is probably the easiest one to use. Please note that some websites will not allow you to use this kind of email! You will need to make a spare email address.

Signing up
This sign up process is just the basic sign up on the main website.
You must use real information here. If your information is fake/does not match with the information you entered in offers you will be banned. There's not much to say but to tell you to use real information!

Shugi 01-03-2009 10:19 AM

Completing the offers
Offers differ by requirements and you must meet the requirements to get your points. The next section will explain what these requirements are and you can make sure they work!

There is a specific routine you must take to ensure the success on your offers!
Before we start please get familiar with roboform! Roboform can store your password and information for you. It will also help you fill out those annoying information forms and check off boxes for you!

The step-by-step process!
Please follow this process or your offers are more likely to fail!
  1. Open internet explorer & firefox
  2. On internet explorer open your offers website
  3. On firefox open the 10minute mail website
  4. Open up your offer
  5. Complete the offer using the 10minutemail address
  6. Make sure you got your points!
  7. Close internet explorer & firefox
  8. Open up CCleaner
  9. Click Runcleaner
  10. Repeat 1~9
Please note that some offers will not accept temporary email addresses, so you will need to make a new one.

Types of offers
Up to this point you're probably thinking, what we need a guide for this? Haha. This is so useless, I could've figured it out myself!
You're wrong. The trickiest part is making sure you completed the requirements of the offer and how to go through the quickly and efficiently.

There about 5 types of offers and they have a specific pattern. The types are:
  • Complete first/past 2 pages
  • Complete 20 pages
  • Quiz
  • Download & Install

Just some basic things you need to know.

Sign up - can be just sign up and exit, or sign up till last page. These are most confusing as they contain both Complete first/past 2 pages and complete 20 pages kind.

Complete first/past 2 pages - Complete the first 2 pages and you're done. BUT there is a sign that you're done, I will explain that in a bit.

Complete 20 pages - Complete it till the end. These usually give the most points.

Quiz - Just a basic quiz, pass or fail you get points, but you have to finish all the offers to the end.

Download & Install - Quite logical, I won't be explaining this one. You just download install and then uninstall. Voila points. Of course there's options in the setup that hint spyware. Be careful and read the info or just avoid this all together

Page indicating you're done for (First 3 listed). It will look something like this:

At this point you are NOT done. If it says do 1 offer, click on one of the offers and let it load completely. Then at the bottom you will need to go to the next offer. Some are little buggy and they don't require it, but will you play with lady luck? You just spent quite a while doing the offer.

Sign up/Complete first 2 pages/Complete 20 pages and do 1 offer from drop down list etc etc etc

I'm going to describe how to do the 20 pages one as it contains the complete first 2 pages in it as well.

You will need to follow the steps I listed before, these steps go between steps 4 and 7.
  1. Paste in the 10minmail address (Hit next or whatever the button says)
  2. Use roboform to fill in the information (Hit next button)
  3. More offers pop up (For complete 2 page offers you should get the pop up I showed above, skip to step 7)
  4. If it's a list of yes/no offers push Alt + =, this will set all the answers to no. Click yes for one of them.
  5. You will be prompted to do the offer you said yes to. Just click submit at bottom or tick the top to no and then click submit.
  6. Click the skip button if available if not keep repeating number 4 and 5.
  7. Last page - Click and open the amount of offers it asks you to.
  8. Go to the next page - Open the amount of offers
  9. Go to next page - Open the amount of offers
  10. Voila you should have your points now!

Quiz

These are probably the most failure ones and most annoying, but they give great points.

1. Fill out the quiz
  2. Skip to end using steps I listed above or wait out timer. (I'll explain in a bit)
  3. Last Page - Quiz Scores (done)
Some of the quizes will have a timer. Basically how the website is set up is the top is a seperate page and the bottom of the site will load. Some of these sites will have a timer on them for how long you need to look at the offer until you can skip all the way to the end. The skip to results button will appear at the top right.

Websites I have used in the past
PrizeRebel.com
GamingLagoon.com
TreasureTrooper.com (Only sends out checks)

I hope this helps you with obtaining your astros. If you wish to thank me by using my ref, you can PM me. But I'm not forcing anyone to use my ref. If you have any concerns or questions just post below. I won't be answering PMs very much.

Good luck and stay safe!

Xaryu 01-03-2009 11:05 AM

Is this legal? o_o

Shugi 01-03-2009 11:13 AM

Yes it's legal, I explained how it works.

I haven't explained the illegal way of doing it (fraud), so this guide is 100% legit.

Lenono 01-03-2009 11:20 AM

Yes its legal like someone said before the Prizerebel link is on OGPlanet Website.

Bluu 01-03-2009 02:34 PM

That thing got me nuts. I gave in after 5 minutes.

Shugi 01-03-2009 03:42 PM

It takes 2hours for someone who knows what their doing to get enough points for 400 astros. For new comers it may take up to a week. =/ I made this for people who don't have access to credit cards and don't live in the US.

Yes it will take a while.

WhatThePho 01-03-2009 03:54 PM

Be warned of shit loads of mails you'll be receiving at your home. Might want to give your parents some explanation before you actually use your real information on some of these.

TehAwesomo 01-03-2009 05:19 PM

lol i didn't think you would actually make this, guess i was wrong. Anyways it's a good guide for people that are desperate for astros lulz.

Shugi 01-03-2009 06:24 PM

Only the US offers are going to give you shitload of mail. Outside of USA don't need to fear as much. They're not gonna pay for international shipping on a piece of flyer.

Though if you don't use real info... it's fraud. =/

Raynor 01-03-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shugi (Post 652300)
Only the US offers are going to give you shitload of mail. Outside of USA don't need to fear as much. They're not gonna pay for international shipping on a piece of flyer.

Though if you don't use real info... it's fraud. =/

Hmmm, Does the info I put into making my Latale account have to be correct for me to get the astro?

Ostia 01-03-2009 08:18 PM

Can any people outside US/Canada/Australia use this guide? >.< Because I tried using proxies and stuff , and still doesn't work.

Shugi 01-03-2009 10:19 PM

@Raynor
No and I don't see why you didn't put real info.

@Ostia
Proxy is against all of the ToS of these websites. Gaming lagoon supports 20 countries I believe.

Milkshakes 01-03-2009 11:09 PM

Well, I joined PrizeRebel, now I live in the Phil. Isles. Are there even offers there for me?

ZeR 01-03-2009 11:37 PM

I live in australia and there aren't even enough offers to get 10 points. Bye

Raynor 01-04-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TogSawks (Post 652836)
I live in australia and there aren't even enough offers to get 10 points. Bye

Such is life in big business.

Ostia 01-04-2009 01:32 AM

gaminglagoon doesn't provide ultimate game cards =\.

Any other sites that provide ultimate game cards other than PrizeRebel?

Jojo 01-04-2009 02:15 AM

Does GamingLagoon even give astros? @_@

Ostia 01-04-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolovesyuh (Post 652919)
Does GamingLagoon even give astros? @_@

It doesn't provide astros. Even Prizerebel also provide only ultimate game card.

nuff said.

MyOwnSavior 01-04-2009 07:05 AM

Prize rebel is legit like he says, they EMAIL you the code on the actual gift card and they usually email you the code in 1-2 days so that is pretty quick. You can also custom your prizes to be anything you want but 1 point =1 US dollar.

Also you should try cashcrate.com they send out checks too but there is a a points system too. you can get amazon gift cards in the mail and buy ultimate game cards from there.