ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Explorers

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

sqvirel is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lesath
Class: Duelist lt_gunslinger
Level: 167
Guild: Akanekodan (GM) Lv.5
Default Duelist - More cons than pros?

Since I'm lv 134 I'm preparing slowly for my Duelist job change, but I've heard that apparently duelists suck big time. This may be only a rumor, I don't know. So I'd like to ask you what is the difference between a GS and Duelist? Is there no major change?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Contradiction is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, To be honest i enjoyed Advancing from Gunslinger to duelist. The duelist misc tree boost your attack damage in many ways. You also get 4 new skills that are fun to use (nuking people FTW)
And I may be wrong but the skills are alittle bit faster to use (EX. shooting forward and sitting while shooting.)

So difference

Duelist:
1,Better damage boosting Misc tree.
2.Four new attacks to experiment with.
3.Your crits are more consistent, from what i've seen i crit alot.
4. And you run like your fapping. Awesome.

Behind The meaning of life.
||Pandabearx3||Duelist||Level: 140||Vacation
||xDuh||Level: 163|| Farming mule
||iExpectation|| Warrior|| Level: 70|| Active

Been here since: 8/Dec/09
Will be here tell: A New Deity Starts with me.

01-03-2011   #3 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

It's only bad if you PvP or use class armor. Other than that, it's much better. If you love to PvP (LOL PVP AS A GS) or you use class armor, then do not job advance just yet. Complete the quests, but don't advance. You can then work on leveling until 3rd jobs are fully fixed.

01-03-2011   #4 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

from how I've seen them:
-you can change the directions of your gatling gun, though it's longer than the 2nd class gatling
-shorter cool down for skills from what I heard, kind of a minuscule addition though
-you can JAS magazine expands
-misc skill giving tdd?

so yeah.. what's there to lose? it's a win/win situation, not with the glitches going on, but technically it is.

01-03-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineWonderKing OnlineLa TaleCarnage Blender

Sephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to beholdSephiroth is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth
IGN: LeArc
Class: Ruin Walker lt_treasurehunter
Level: 197
Guild: Infiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqvirel
Since I'm lv 134 I'm preparing slowly for my Duelist job change, but I've heard that apparently duelists suck big time. This may be only a rumor, I don't know. So I'd like to ask you what is the difference between a GS and Duelist? Is there no major change?
Hi, most played Duelist here.

You've really got nothing to lose going to Duelist. But in comparison to other Classes, Gunglingers/Duelist in general kind of suck.

Going Duelist, you gain a few useful skills, which would be...
3% Crit Rate Magazine
20% Crit Damage Magazine
20% TDD Magazine.
Sadly, only one of these can be used at a time /o/.
Your Misc skills allow you to get upgrades for your 3 most used skills.
-Wide Range
-Head Shot
-Gatling Gun.
As well as a 15% Skill Damage Misc Skill. Which is a BIG gain.

Some useless Gunslinger Skills though would be...
-The 5th skill. (Really, for 20 Skill Points, the effort/money it takes to get, and for the damage and usefulness this has. It's just such a waste of time, points, and money. It's only really good for maneuvering through a map. That's it.

-Destroy Hall. (Seriously, what the hell. This skill takes like 5 seconds to cast, and it launches the enemies away, if this was used to get a mob off of you, you would die in the obnoxiously long amount of time it takes to cast.

However, some skills are good.
-You may now put more points into your Regular skills, which in the end are almost all you use.
-Backstab Shot (Extremely useful in getting around/behind a mob, even more so than Mobile Defense, which I've already said, sucks cow nipples. The damage is naic too.)
-Punching Gun. (This skill is so obnoxiously retarded it makes me want to hurl myself out of my 2nd floor window onto the metal railing on my porch. However... if it crits, it stuns enemies, which is really useful when you need a few seconds to run away, the damage isn't bad, so you've got nothing to lose. It also doesn't take any BP to use, which I will get to next.

LOL YOUR BP.
HAVE FUN BEING THE MOST ANNOYING YELLOW GAUGED CLASS IN THE GAME.
LET ME HAVE FUN EXPLAINING THE SYSTEM TO YOU.

While most classes have you do certain things to build up your 3rd Gauge, You don't need to do ANYTHING for Duelist.

HAHA JUST JOKING.

YOU GET TO PAY 100K ELY FOR 99 BULLETS.

The cast time for loading your gun is annoying, since you'll most likely be getting prison raped by a mob of bloodlusting monsters. And by the time you've shoved those metal jackets into your gun to defend yourself, they will have already severed a few of your limbs, leaving your situation no better off than you were before loading your gun.

...However it's not so bad if you're just casually waiting in between some spawns.

Actually the cost isn't bad at all, it's the fact that you have to manually load in your BP. Which makes me just want to strangle things, since I already have to worry about OTHER buffs.

But honestly, in the end, you might as well just stick to Sitting/Shooting, Head Shot, Wide Range, Gatling, and Backstab shot. They're all you really need for some hardcore grinding, and you can utilize the skill points left for HELPFUL misc skills.

Have fun being the most stupid class in the game though.
Dissention; 180/Dragoon - Xileh; 170 Strider
Elisevetyl; 121/Templar - TheFameMonster; 80/Guardian
PrettyH8Machine; 40/Engineer - ????; ??/??

I'm sort of back, I think. I don't know.

08-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

sqvirel is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lesath
Class: Duelist lt_gunslinger
Level: 167
Guild: Akanekodan (GM) Lv.5

Ok, Lv 144 now, still hasn't changed to Duelist because my STA sucks and I'm practically getting raped out there in Xenadia X|. So I decided to become a bit stronger and then rape them back.

/\EDIT: Only Berkhart quests sucked. The rest was a breeze, at least till Phoenix & Vintor came...

In the meantime, I checked the DS skills and I hardly know how to prioritize them. Which ones should I get first pronto, and which ones can I fous on later?

Last edited by sqvirel; 08-05-2011 at 12:45 AM.