ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Explorers (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-explorers/)
-   -   [OGPlanet] Xbow TH and his Coli Set (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-explorers/104300-xbow-th-his-coli-set.html)

varenik 11-02-2011 08:28 AM

Xbow TH and his Coli Set

Hi, y'all!

As title says I'm playing as TH (lvl. 83 right now) and I'm about to obtain Coli set. But the question is - which one? Let me explain.

I wanna make experimental power Xbow TH with high base damage and decent amount of HP. My vision of this build sounds like "I'mma kill you in one shot and stay alive".

So I need help choosing between:
1) Stamina set with STR/STA enchants (because of TDD and HP) and STR accessory set;
2) Strength set with STR/STA enchants (because of, actually, Strength) and STA accessory set;

Pet:
1) Dryad (because of STA/STR buff);
2) Gumiho (simply because she's cute and gives crit dmg buff);

Am I mad? :py14:

P.S. I've read many threats and I know that STA Coli set with STA/LUCK enchants proclaimed to be "THE BEST OPTION EVER!!!!!111" no matter the class, but maybe there's an exclusion out of this rule?

Esper 11-02-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

1) Stamina set with STR/STA enchants (because of TDD and HP) and STR accessory set
2) Strength set with STR/STA enchants (because of, actually, Strength) and STA accessory set
If you're aiming to hit hard and stay alive, I would choose Stamina Set.

However, I would change the enchants to Stamina/Luck. The reason being that TH have high Crit Rate/Damage. Their skills' damage are also based off Luck so that's another addition.

Quote:

1) Dryad (because of STA/STR buff)
2) Gumiho (simply because she's cute and gives crit dmg buff)
I would choose Gumiho. I don't know how effective the buff for Dryad is but at least with Gumiho, it adds onto your Crit Damage.

Quote:

P.S. I've read many threats and I know that STA Coli set with STA/LUCK enchants proclaimed to be "THE BEST OPTION EVER!!!!!111" no matter the class, but maybe there's an exclusion out of this rule?
The reason is probably because people know that Strength's increase is really horrible. It takes a lot of, like a lot of, Strength to notice a difference.

BoredomKillz 11-02-2011 10:51 AM

i would go with sta colo set too just because of the better survivability. as esper said you would have to enchant a lot of str for it have any noticeable effect, which is why most ppl dont recommend it. 1 str is equal to roughly .5 raw damage if i remember correctly. so if you can stack like 1k-1.5k str (not really possible at lvl 83 lol) for that extra 500-750 damage and youre satisfied with that then go for it. if not id go with luck/sta

as for the pet. TH/RW is very crit reliant. if they have bad crit they are essentially bad lol dryad buff gives like some 30 ish str and sta so its fairly useless. go with gumi x]

varenik 11-03-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1630876)
so if you can stack like 1k-1.5k str (not really possible at lvl 83 lol)

Well, maybe I won't get that much STR now, but everything takes time, right? Even if I got +250 STR now - it's going to be great! I'll hit much harder than other 83 lvl THs. :py14:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1630876)
for that extra 500-750 damage

500-750 base damage, multiplied by skills and crit dmg %. I ques it's going to hit hard. :py05:

Btw, I have several new questions. :py58:

1) Is TDD really that cool? During test my Tigris bow (-10% TDD) and Sphinx (+20% min), both are same lvl, showed almost identical dmg output.

2) Is it possible to have triple enchants on Colo equips? STA+STR+LUCK, for example. What are requirements (dura, lvl of "native" enchants)?

P.S. Still wonder 'bout acc set.

MeanieRyuch 11-03-2011 03:54 AM

Armor - Stam coli, stam/luck enchanted
Acc set - stam/luck/str, your choice which
Pet - Gumiho (if astro pet), you can get a dryad later when you start boss farming seriously

TDD's effectiveness varies by the enemy your facing. High defense enemies will be affected more by it. Low defense enemies will barely feel a difference.

Stam/luck is consistently suggested because it really is the no-fail way to enchant normal armor. Experiment as you wish though.

Triple stat'ing is possible, just difficult. It requires near-perfect starting pieces and a lot of puzzles.

varenik 11-03-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanieRyuch (Post 1631432)
Pet - Gumiho (if astro pet)

Is there non-astro pets, that can be usefull for TH? White Tiger, maybe? :questionmark:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanieRyuch (Post 1631432)
TDD's effectiveness varies by the enemy your facing. High defense enemies will be affected more by it. Low defense enemies will barely feel a difference.

How can I know enemy's def rate? As far as I know, there's no info on it. Name color? :py61:
Too bad, LaTale doesn't have such good and detailed DB as Ragnarok does.

Another question I wanna ask: is it good idea to obtain colo set, re-assign it, update and then, when I got enough ellys for teh super puzzles, enchant?

P.S. Does anyone provide "Safe Enchanting Service"? Tired of exploding my precious equip. :py36:

BoredomKillz 11-03-2011 02:05 PM

most non astro pets are better than astro pets lol

most useful to you in order would prolly be

brownie
pink panda/fat panda
white tiger
tengu

you will never know a monsters defense /o/ its better to just assume higher level = higher defense lol so as you progress along in levels TDD will be more effective

also you cant trade colo equips so in the end youre gonna have to enchant that yourself

MeanieRyuch 11-03-2011 03:53 PM

As a general rule, higher rank enemies have higher defense (this is true 95% of the time). TDD is especially effective on bosses, which is why almost all 193+ RW's sport a hell set.

For pets, the white tiger and panda pets are better than gumiho, they're just harder to get (white tiger's not too bad right now though, 40m or so; both pandas will remain 300m+ until there's a new event with them). TDD pets like the brownie and wisp are also very viable (but even more expensive, as they're usually preferred by the pvp elite).

Enchanting coli gear, I recommend enchanting at 99% or better if you're using supers unless you want to boom a few pieces. If I'm using normal puzzles I still prefer 97% or better.

varenik 11-04-2011 01:29 PM

Okay, there's my colo bazuka:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9705/spscf0022.jpg

Is it good to go with? Does it have enough dura for lvl 10 min/max dmg enchants?

P.S. Found similar topic at OGPlanet's forum: http://nforum.ogplanet.com/rf/forum_...asp?TID=312084

BoredomKillz 11-04-2011 01:37 PM

you could get lvl 10 enchants but you prolly wouldnt be able to upgrade safetly. you should aim for something with 20 or 30 more dura than that

MeanieRyuch 11-04-2011 02:33 PM

That xbow won't make it to dual 10's, but if you supered level 10 max damage on it, it would still be a very doable weapon (especially at your level).

On average, 1-10 super puzzled will take 75 dura (100 dura normal puzzled), give or take about 5 dura. For upgrade purposes you'll want 110-120+ dura left over by the time all is said and done.

lol I'm in that thread too :py01:

varenik 11-04-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanieRyuch (Post 1632289)
That xbow won't make it to dual 10's, but if you supered level 10 max damage on it, it would still be a very doable weapon (especially at your level).

You mean leave it as it is and super it 'till +10 max? Okay, so maybe it's better to re-opt. it until I get min/max combo?

MeanieRyuch 11-05-2011 01:57 AM

I don't think it's worth that. I'd leave it as is and just throw max on it. You'll get a better rate going all the way from level 1 anyway.

varenik 11-05-2011 07:10 AM

Here comes my STR Coli Set:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4223/mycoliset.png

Is it good enough for triple enchants? Enchants priority I'd like to see is next:
1) STR - maximum (just as planned);
2) STA - maximum (I'm too young to die);
3) LUCK - all dura that's left (since I'm crit based class);

But indeed I'm not sure about STA and LUCK. Maybe it's better to swap them? :py61:

Also I need some tips on my boots and gauntlets.
a) Should I re-opt. gauntlets 'till I get crit dmg+accuracy combo or crit dmg+STR/LUCK combo and then add accuracy? (already spend 1,5 mills. on re-opt.)
b) Same for boots. Should I re-opt. 'till I get speed+eva or speed+STR/LUCK/STA and then add eva?

Suggestions, please.

BoredomKillz 11-05-2011 08:57 AM

helm is bad, id get a new one
plate is kinda iffy since theyre both lvl 1 enchants. you can prolly work with that though
clip is good
gloves are decent
shoes are ok

tbh i dont foresee any of those being able to get triple enchants and have enough dura to upgrade lol

to your questions

1. i like to enchant crit damage myself since it will typically be higher than what tonio gives (whether its normal puzzles or super xD fat man sucks =( ) and as a rule never enchant accuracy or evasion yourself. they are fixed rates so that is the one thing tonio is good for lol on gloves/shoes tono will always give 17 acc/eva for a lvl 10 enchant

2. there are no speed super puzzles so shoes take a heavy hit on dura. since there is a lvl 10 enchant on it you can reopt it to speed and then enchant the second stat yourself (str/luck/sta). just keep in mind that as i said tonio will most likely give you a lower enchant than if you had done it yourself (somewhere between 30-40 speed. for self enchant i average between high 40s and mid 50s)

MeanieRyuch 11-05-2011 12:52 PM

What pie said basically.

/continues for kicks

- Helm will turn out high 3x/3x with good dura left (3x/4x if lucky).
- Plate needs perfect re-opting but will turn out 4x/4x with very iffy dura, I'd check the dura before putting the last two puzzles on.
- Clip is good. Probably will end up 3x/4x with a good chunk of dura left. You can either leave it as is or try adding a new opt till you run out of dura (probably at level 6 or so). Or just leave it.
- I second what pie said. Reopt so you can enchant crit from level 1 for best results.
- I'd reopt the level 10 to stamina or some other stat and enchant speed (I prefer high speed on boots). You can cube the two other opts as needed.

varenik 11-07-2011 08:43 AM

My slightly updated "prelaunch" set:

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9...olisetbeta.png

What's new:
1) New plate;
2) Re-opted gloves and shoes;
3) Acc. set;

Is this set "ok" for enchanting? (sorry for asking this every time :py30:). This set is going to be hardest and biggest deal in my gaming experience so far :py61:

P.S. Sorry for asking this, but... can someone help me with supers or adv. ench. rems? :py25:

Esper 11-07-2011 09:24 AM

From personal experience, to ensure that you can safely Super and upgrade to +8 (for level 180 or higher), you need a minimum of 230 dura with okay level opts. That being said, those that are below 230 dura may not be the desired results that you would be looking for when Supered and upgraded.

You'll always want to have around 124 dura left to ensure safely upgrading to +8.

---

Not entirely sure if you're still aiming for three stats but I would have cubed the gloves down to level 1. The main point of the gloves are for Crit Damage. The more dura you have left, the more you can Super + Cube it in hopes that it reaches like 70% Crit Damage.

---

Shoes are horrible. :x
Evasion is pretty horrible to have unless you have the ability to stack 70%. If you don't plan to PVP, there's no point because you'll most likely be doing Coli most of the time and they hit a lot.

---

Accessories are okay. I personally like to keep trying for high opt glasses because of the accuracy stat that you can obtain.

---

As stated above, you need a minimum to 230 dura to ensure the safety. Not entirely sure how well the stats would come out. You could enchant/upgrade it but once you reach level 193, you'll want to try for a new one to get a nice Min/Max Damage.

BoredomKillz 11-07-2011 10:53 AM

for the shoes i dont think theyre that bad. but you might want a bit more dura for them lol it can prolly make a lvl 10 speed enchant on them but really unsure if itll have the dura to upgrade safely

for the weapon, personally i dont like it lol but i like to have both min and max on my weapon. even if youre going for just one (most likely max) then itll prolly be fine

for the accessories, the stockings are fine and the bindi is decent. glasses i would prolly get one with higher enchants lol but you can always get better acc unless you have two lvl 10 enchants on them x]

varenik 11-09-2011 05:44 AM

Update:
Shoes re-opted - Luck 3 +4, Phys. Att. Eva 10 +17%