ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Explorer Guides

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-09-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

fffreaks is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dagger's Skill Analysis [Developing]

So, first of all thank you all the people who are paying their attention and time to my post.

As a long time playing as a Dagger Explorer, I am figuring out more and more advantages of Dagger users in Person versus Person. So today, I decide to post my thread here.

I hope that you choose this guide as a useful source of information, not a rule or a newbie's guide that will save you in any cases. So, let's get going.
Contents:
I. The Dagger Skills In Person Versus Person
II. Deeper Research
III. PvP Skills in Stages
IV. Enemies
The Dagger Skills

*Because the first and the second tier skill has not so many changes, I will take the first tier as examples due to simpler animations and easy aiming.

Dagger's Stab

1. Dancing Dagger.

Personal Ranking: 2.5/5

This skill is the first melee skill to get of the Dagger tree, but it has many advantages as well as disadvantages:

The skill is very simple, deals a weak to moderate amount of damage that will slides you back. This has nearly to starting or ending delay so it can be used as an escaping tool from some nasty perma-attackers like Meisters or Spear Warlords and Bladers.

Please keep in mind that this skill has so fast starting animation that it will be triggered mid-air if you Jump-Attack-Skill. Normally, when two opponents run and jump toward each other, you cannot use this skill to cancel their jump due to the lateness of JAS. The skill has fast cooldown that can be used to avoid attacks from Sorcerers or Ranged classes in a quite inadequate chance, but it is still useful anyway.

And last, but the most important thing to remember: both the I and II tier of this skill only hit monsters that are in front of you. I have mistaken so many times because the animation of this skill is both-side based. But it only hits the infronts while the range is about 1.5x of the animation

2. Illusion Dagger.

Personal Ranking: 3.5/5

The second skill from the melee tree that has two steps: one protecting dagger curve and one dagger stab while rushing forward that does about 1.3x damage of the former one. This skill's individual damage is weaker than Dancing Dagger but in total is much more. The two hits can both land a critical that will surely cause flinch but can both miss.

A great skill that has no starting delay and further range than the animation, especially the stabbing period, but however it has a long and yet, easily noticeable delay when finishing the skill, which can lead you in situations.

While you JAS, opponents might be dropped out from the air if they are jumping, but the second hit is counted as a miss. On the other hand, if you JAS over the enemy, then the first hit triggers completely in air, and only the stabbing ends. So, both of the JAS types are good, but think carefully because apart from the delay after JAS, you are wide open due to the plus of the skill's delay itself.

This has a rushing toward effect that can be used to fall off cliffs in some PvP stages.

3. Masquerade:

The skill received at level 40, a very colorful skill that has a jugging start-up : throwing the dagger.

The skill is quite good in PvE, but is not in PvP because of the long start-up. The latter hits might miss at a critical chance and might give you many troubles.

However, JAS-ing this skill gives a big different since the start-up is destroyed, especially when the opponent is wide-open and you are Masquerading in the air, from their back. This suits for Cross(bow) Explorers, Fire(earth) wizards as well as Warriors.

Please be informed that if you are average equipped, this skill can cause the opponent flinched if it stops ducking. And even if it ducks, one of the 4 hits will do about 98% of damage, not only around 10% like 3 of the hits.

This skill has a jumping and a rushing effect.

4. Dark Dagger:

The 60-leveled skill that swiftly moves the dagger holder in a rage term while slashing constantly.

Has a same start-up with Masquerade, but the hits are unavoidable due to the fast and continuously hits. But please be aware that this skill leaves you in an extremely wide open if you miss (in wrong direction, etc.) so please be informed.

4 hits of this skill has chances to land criticals that sadly, can make somebody fall off and avoid all the other hits.

JAS-ing with this skill has the same result as Masquerade, apart from a tiny chance that the opponent got knocked back mid-air.

*Sorry but sleepy now , tomorrow continue *

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-09-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleMapleStoryRunescapeElsword

NinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to NinjaFoxX
IGN: Patchouli
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 5x
Guild: Infinity/Syndicate

in short; don't pvp your moves are extremely slow and you can get way to easily punished.
this thread should be about how to 1-hit your opponent with dagger rains because that's the only true useful skill in pvp for daggers(assassin dagger II is legit too, everything else is situational)

12-09-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
La TaleElsword

Kyubi will become famous soon enoughKyubi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Kyubi
IGN: KyubiYakumo
Class: RW/Bard/Warrior lt_treasurehunter
Level: 16x/13x/7x
Guild: Guild lead,LunarBreak
Xfire: No XFire lawl

Throw dagger actually does great in PvP. (Hold the bomb dagger due to it's delay meant to kill you there) Thing is aboud dagger TH's is they can stack enough evade without sacrificing damage unlike a blader who has to go down a whole misc tree and ignore a power/crit misc tree for it.

I wouldn't RELY on evade persay but it does help any class who snaps like a twig. Also Hybrid or Throw dagger can do great, if your melee only you better be amazing or your asking to die pretty much.

KyubiYakumo-Lv 15x Bow TH
DrakoSingetail-Lv 10xx Bard
RemeliaScarletLv 8x Spear Warlord

12-10-2010   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyubi
Throw dagger actually does great in PvP. (Hold the bomb dagger due to it's delay meant to kill you there) Thing is aboud dagger TH's is they can stack enough evade without sacrificing damage unlike a blader who has to go down a whole misc tree and ignore a power/crit misc tree for it.

I wouldn't RELY on evade persay but it does help any class who snaps like a twig. Also Hybrid or Throw dagger can do great, if your melee only you better be amazing or your asking to die pretty much.
Listen to Kyubi - it's a good summary. However, it really depends on the class you're facing, and how good they are/good their gear is/OP their class is. Here's the standard (and possibly only) tactic(s) you can use as a dagger TH... Since there's not much variation and all.

1) The basics - you can hug or kite. If the person can hit on both sides and/or use fast attacks, you kite (water/fire users, warlords, guardians, bladers). If they use ranged attacks, you stay close to them/hug them (wind/earth/fire users, THs, gunslingers). Always keep your eye on the person, and strike with your strongest attack if they use a slow skill/stop to heal/stop to buff/etc. If it cracks, hit them again. If it stuns, jump backwards and use a long reaching airskill.

2) The "hello I am a very speedy ranged class but I still suck at kiting and hugging" basics - Do what I said above, but this time, make sure you have paralyze and/or a selki/vintor dagger.

Miscellaneous:
Half cut between luck and stamina, though stamina may be better since you can get 10% crit rate with just one skill AND you have the highest luck rating.

If you have 8-12m, buy 60 guild coins and grab the guild ring/earring set. It gives you a total of 600 HP/SP, 2% crit, and 20% crit damage. Even if the tiger ring is better crit rate wise, nothing can beat the awesomeness of the guild set. Also, if you can, try to get one piece to +4, then work on the other one. They will then give a total of 1000 HP/SP and 4% crit (same crit damage). ALSO!!! A GOOD phoenix earring costs about 6m, so if you're going to be spending that much, just get 30 coins.

Dagger 1= lvl 10~12 max/min damage
Dagger 2= lvl 10~12 max damage/accuracy
(If possible, try to get it all on one dagger, you WILL have to use super puzzles and a 99% enchanter would be best)

Shield = level 10~12 physical evasion as the primary stat, stamina as the secondary. If you can obtain a high dura Redcell or Hyumnu shield, that will be even better. Hyumnu boosts your overall defense by 6% and chops off quite a bit of damage, while the Redcell is a tiny bit better than a normal shield BUT it adds some stamina, boosts max HP by 5% AND has a chance to make someone's physical attack bounce them backwards (so obviously the Redcell is the best unless you need to hug).

Glasses = level 10 physical accuracy and whatever else - no coliseum ones

Bindi = level 8+ stamina and whatever else if you can - same as above

Stocking = level 10 physical evasion and maybe magical evasion if applicable - ditto ^

Mantle = +4 dagger would be better in the long run since it gives you a total of 10% acc, 10% min/max, 225 extra damage on each crit. Rabana Mantle gives you a total of 5% accuracy, 15% min/max, and 150 extra damage on each crit. Personally, +5% more acc and 75 more damage per crit seems a lot better than a measly +5% max/min. However, a Rabana Mantle with a level 8~10 enchant would be better (24-34 extra stamina or luck? yes pls).

That's all I can think about for now. Sorry if I missed anything, if I dismiss anything. It's totally not like I'm in the library during lunch time using a computer to talk on AIM and view forums. That would just be silly!

[User was sent to detention for this post]
[User was banned for using a cancerous meme]

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 12-10-2010 at 09:13 AM.

12-10-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleMapleStoryRunescapeElsword

NinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to NinjaFoxX
IGN: Patchouli
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 5x
Guild: Infinity/Syndicate

wow, someone actually made valid points about daggers...lets add on some reccomended equipments and stuff prechance?

i.e: for pretty much any class, a Tactful set is best to have,if you have the time, a Vintor set with a ton of water res. for those bards/water sorcs(lol)*this will work especially if the full set gives you Ice Shield lv3.*epic magi set if you have the time and patience to make one.

ovbious enchants list
-enchant hat,top, and bottom primarily with stam, and then luck when possible, anything past 55+ stam is good
-gloves are primarily for crit, but if you have the dura start with acc lv12, 50%+ crit is reccomended, however if you need to go for 80%+
-shoes are for speed,then evasion(its best to get a shoe with a lv10 enchant already one it)

blablabla get a brownie/bong/val or tengu blindi to balance things out with those OP classes...

poison/buff and crit build is possible to make once youre 180+
never use dagger hail unless you read you opponents backdash/OTG

lastly, mindgames are your friend, if you have the lat for it...