ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Explorer Guides

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (74) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-17-2009   #101 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

VoltageSan is on a distinguished road
IGN: VoltageSan
Class: Hybrid Dagger Explorer lt_explorer
Level: 54
Guild: None

This is a very helpful guide, and I'm following it so far, but one thing I noticed is that ....

Level 2 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point
Level 3 - Dancing Dagger - 1 Point
Level 4 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point
Level 5 - Dancing Dagger - 1 Point
Level 6 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point
Level 7 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point (MAXED)
Level 8 - Good Luck - 1 Point
Level 9 - Good Luck - 1 Point
Level 10 - Dancing Dagger - 1 Point (MAXED)

At level 7 with this skill build in this order you cannot max out Dagger Mastery ~Unless I'm totally missing something which is probably the case.~ Because it takes 5 Skill points to max, one per level so what I ended up with was
Level 4 Dagger and Max Dancing dagger .-. .

I'm prolly just missing something, but just in case I put this. Am I missing something here? o_O

~Voltage....
SHOCK!!!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-17-2009   #102 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltageSan
This is a very helpful guide, and I'm following it so far, but one thing I noticed is that ....

Level 2 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point
Level 3 - Dancing Dagger - 1 Point
Level 4 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point
Level 5 - Dancing Dagger - 1 Point
Level 6 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point
Level 7 - Dagger Mastery (Novice) - 1 Point (MAXED)
Level 8 - Good Luck - 1 Point
Level 9 - Good Luck - 1 Point
Level 10 - Dancing Dagger - 1 Point (MAXED)

At level 7 with this skill build in this order you cannot max out Dagger Mastery ~Unless I'm totally missing something which is probably the case.~ Because it takes 5 Skill points to max, one per level so what I ended up with was
Level 4 Dagger and Max Dancing dagger .-. .

I'm prolly just missing something, but just in case I put this. Am I missing something here? o_O

~Voltage....
SHOCK!!!
Did you save at Elias way point, or do the Dot Nuri?

01-17-2009   #103 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

... Uhh .... I'm still a wittle noob .-. . Enlighten me?

~Voltage....
SHOCK!!!

01-17-2009   #104 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltageSan
... Uhh .... I'm still a wittle noob .-. . Enlighten me?

~Voltage....
SHOCK!!!
Once you save at Elias's town stone thing, you get an extra skill point.

The same goes for doing the special stage of Dot Nuri quest. It's pretty much pain in the ass, so I didn't do this one lol.

01-17-2009   #105 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Ahh. Okay, so I might try it out >_>. Right after I clear all the quests in Belos =D

~Voltage....
SHOCK!!!

01-17-2009   #106 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Cease is on a distinguished road

Quick question.

I'm sure if you've said this already, but why don't you guys use Dancing Dagger (the cool circle slash thing) backwards, so you go towards the monster? I didn't read the whole guide because it really doesn't interest me (as a Guardian, no offense), but I'm sure you didn't say anything of the sort. If you did, disregard this.

Is the backward range of the skill good enough to do that? As a sword knight I did that all the time with my Break tree... sometimes the skills, since they pushed me forward, would take me too far, so I used the skill in the opposite direction to sorta edge back into position. Can't you guys do that?

I do realize that, as a Knight (and not now as a Guardian), I spent ages in front of huge mobs, and naturally (as a Knight -and- because they were -big- mobs), they took a long ass time to kill... so this might be a tactic more suited for people who want to stay in the same place for a really long time. I donno. I'm just trying to help?

01-17-2009   #107 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Cease, you do bring up a good point but sadly the Hit Blocks on Dancing Dagger do not hit behind the character. Only in front, and you do not need to be extremely close ~Its a melee move at about mid range in my opinion and eyes of using it.~ That would be interesting and smart to do but sadly it does not hit backwards. But on the other hand you can use it to escape some traps in mid-battle if done right ._. .

~Voltage...
SHOCK!!!

01-17-2009   #108 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

QerK is on a distinguished road
IGN: Tungul
Class: Meister
Level: 11x
Guild: Century

Well usually we use Illusion Dagger > Dancing Dagger and it should put you in the same position albeit very close. I mainly see Dancing Dagger as a means of escape while dealing one huge damage rather than keeping close to the mob (if you are a dagger explorer/th you wouldn't want to stay close too close to the mob anyway). Once lvl 80, Dancing Dagger > Dancing Dagger II is great for getting out of a tight spot or finishing up the mob.

01-19-2009   #109 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Shourai is on a distinguished road

I just found out today that you can actually dodge Shaowee's special sword slash thing that hits across the entire screen. Just jump as she starts dashing, 7/10 times you'll dodge it. It requires exact timing though. Should be at peak jump point when the screen flashes white.

01-19-2009   #110 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourai
I just found out today that you can actually dodge Shaowee's special sword slash thing that hits across the entire screen. Just jump as she starts dashing, 7/10 times you'll dodge it. It requires exact timing though. Should be at peak jump point when the screen flashes white.
I'll try to remember to add this the next time I update lol.

01-23-2009   #111 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Avarita is on a distinguished road

Your pvp tips are great!

And I just realized I had you on my buddylist lol ^ ^

01-23-2009   #112 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarita
Your pvp tips are great!

Really? lol, you're JiHwan?

Anyway I'm going to be adding more PvP related tips, included the 2nd Job Match Ups, more detailed vs. things, and more as I get more experience.

However, feel free to let me know (not just you, I say this to all who read it) your tips and experiences for PvP. If you've ever been in a fighting game's competetive scene, then you'll know full well that the opinions of one person can not be the basis for all, and while I like to think my tips are great, I can't and won't say they are final. Take it easy and enjoy the guide everyone.

01-23-2009   #113 (permalink)
Crash into me!

Authentic will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Authentic
IGN: Authentic
Level: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarita
Your pvp tips are great!

Don't forget to rep him if the tips helped you! ^_^

Rep helps encourage those who write guides to keep them updated due to the amount of interest that's shown through the reputation system!

If Pentaos guide has helped you out throughout your Latale career, make sure to show him that by giving him some rep.

02-11-2009   #114 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Daruki is on a distinguished road

Wow. Kinda late in finding out about this since I'm already close to job change, though just a question...

Dagger Mastery Expert VS Tiger Claw, and Dark Dagger VS Bombing Dagger? I PVP on the side, and I have 18 SP to spend on all. So far I'm thinking of screwing mastery Expert, fully invest in Tiger Claw(10 pts), max Bombing Dagger(6 pts) and keep Dark Dagger at lvl 1(2pts). May I please get some tips on that? Thanks.

02-12-2009   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruki
Wow. Kinda late in finding out about this since I'm already close to job change, though just a question...

Dagger Mastery Expert VS Tiger Claw, and Dark Dagger VS Bombing Dagger? I PVP on the side, and I have 18 SP to spend on all. So far I'm thinking of screwing mastery Expert, fully invest in Tiger Claw(10 pts), max Bombing Dagger(6 pts) and keep Dark Dagger at lvl 1(2pts). May I please get some tips on that? Thanks.
Tiger Claw >>>> Dagger Mastery Expert. For some reason, DME doesn't activate 100% of the time on crits anymore, so the 30% bonus is way better.

Bombing Dagger in PvP CAN be useful, but between that and Dark Dagger, you can't really go wrong. Bombing Dagger is generally a safer choice to use in PvP, but for both moves, due to cooldown and how they both leave you open if you miss, you're not gonna spam either one. The large jumping animation behind Bombing Dagger makes it more useful than Dark Dagger IMO, because a lot of people in 2nd job won't get knocked back by Dark Dagger unless you hit them with a crit, or in the back, or both.

02-12-2009   #116 (permalink)
Blader get??
Special

Andz will become famous soon enough
IGN: Nyooo/Confess/Banana
Class: Blader/Explorer/Gunslinger lt_blader
Level: 80/68/88
Guild: Kirameki/Kirameki/Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentao
Tiger Claw >>>> Dagger Mastery Expert. For some reason, DME doesn't activate 100% of the time on crits anymore, so the 30% bonus is way better.

Bombing Dagger in PvP CAN be useful, but between that and Dark Dagger, you can't really go wrong. Bombing Dagger is generally a safer choice to use in PvP, but for both moves, due to cooldown and how they both leave you open if you miss, you're not gonna spam either one. The large jumping animation behind Bombing Dagger makes it more useful than Dark Dagger IMO, because a lot of people in 2nd job won't get knocked back by Dark Dagger unless you hit them with a crit, or in the back, or both.
It doesn't anymore? I thought it just doesn't activate when the monster dies because of the crit damage it received?

02-12-2009   #117 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ive tested it, it doesnt activate all the time. dunno if its a bug or intentional, but for now its not 100%. if i have to give a percentage i say about 75% of the time it will activate.

02-16-2009   #118 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Update: 2/16/09 [Ocean King, Coa, Masquerade II, and Dagger Rain II have all been added.]
Special thanks: Aloree, Fijou and Pikachu again for partying with me.

02-17-2009   #119 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

LuvAddict is on a distinguished road
IGN: ZakArse
Class: dagger explorer
Level: 52

Heya
I've been thinkin about my build as a dagger TH and i got sum questions.

Is it bossible to make a hybrid till lvl80 and after that just add points into melee/misc skills?
I just need atleast some range att's for those dam knights and bladers in pvp :S
but i love melee training..
doing a 100% hybrid just sounds so stypid because i need only a few ranged attacks.

02-17-2009   #120 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvAddict
Heya
I've been thinkin about my build as a dagger TH and i got sum questions.

Is it bossible to make a hybrid till lvl80 and after that just add points into melee/misc skills?
I just need atleast some range att's for those dam knights and bladers in pvp :S
but i love melee training..
doing a 100% hybrid just sounds so stypid because i need only a few ranged attacks.
that is exactly how my setup is right now, sort of a semi hybrid. i have both 1st/2nd melee skills and only 1st throw skills. its still perfectly manageable as i am able to have the crit tree and masteries while having the semi hybrid skills. depending on who you challenge/how great a pvp'er you are, having at least dagger rains will help out a lot. if you are a hybrid at the moment, then yes it perfectly fine to just focus on melee afterward once you hit lvl 80.