ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Explorer Guides

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (41) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-22-2008   #21 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

boredboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: HappyEvil
Class: Poop lt_gunslinger
Level: 10x
Guild: FrenchBread

Well I just got to that level where I got mastered good luck, and I really don't see much of a difference from critical rate xD

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-22-2008   #22 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredboy
Well I just got to that level where I got mastered good luck, and I really don't see much of a difference from critical rate xD
As your luck climbs higher,so does the bonus from Good Luck.I myself have noticed a significance increase in crits at Level 45+

10-22-2008   #23 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

Does it depend on the monster also? I notice that I barely crit on white ninjas but I nearly always crit Nues ._.

10-22-2008   #24 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piekun
Does it depend on the monster also? I notice that I barely crit on white ninjas but I nearly always crit Nues ._.
I think it does?I will have to pour some research onto this for the weekends.

10-22-2008   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

boredboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: HappyEvil
Class: Poop lt_gunslinger
Level: 10x
Guild: FrenchBread

yeah it definately does... I don't seem to like get crits a lot on the higher monsters for some reason, like the yellow named ones? or something like that

10-23-2008   #26 (permalink)
No

Teleclast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teleclast Send a message via MSN to Teleclast

Awesome guide, only other xbow guide I've seen is from OGP. xP

I'm guessing the leveling assumes you don't quest, why the heck wouldn't you quest up until 50? The exp is so much better. D:

--
The crit is probably nothing, you'd need a large sample of data to come up with a decent idea anyway.

Another thing I have to say is that I'm hybrid and considering going to single-tree, but I just wasted 104k on the lvl 40 quests so uggh.

I'll probably swap at 50, is it worth it?

10-24-2008   #27 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleclast
Awesome guide, only other xbow guide I've seen is from OGP. xP

I'm guessing the leveling assumes you don't quest, why the heck wouldn't you quest up until 50? The exp is so much better. D:

--
The crit is probably nothing, you'd need a large sample of data to come up with a decent idea anyway.

Another thing I have to say is that I'm hybrid and considering going to single-tree, but I just wasted 104k on the lvl 40 quests so uggh.

I'll probably swap at 50, is it worth it?
The training spots are there to show you where to grind should you not wan to do the quests like me :3

10-24-2008   #28 (permalink)
No

I see. I've always found grinding to give poor experience, but perhaps I'll try out your guide for the alternative, hehe.

I also wanted to point out that I went with maxing Mastery 3 instead of Good Luck right away, was this a stupid choice? The other guide I read supports it, but I know that most things on forums set up by the games themselves end up to be shoddy.

10-24-2008   #29 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games

Quote:
I see. I've always found grinding to give poor experience, but perhaps I'll try out your guide for the alternative, hehe.

I also wanted to point out that I went with maxing Mastery 3 instead of Good Luck right away, was this a stupid choice? The other guide I read supports it, but I know that most things on forums set up by the games themselves end up to be shoddy.
Its really fine,the only reason I went Good Luck first is that I wanted a reasonable crit rate b4 I added to it damage

10-24-2008   #30 (permalink)
No

One thing I've noticed (not sure it holds any relevance) is that despite the fact that I do a decent amount of crits, I also happen to miss a fair amount, and it can be annoying at times. ._.;

I'm considering resetting to go Good Luck because money hasn't been the best, but is it worth the 200k or so it would cost? (Sorry if this is a bad question).

Also, have you tried out the new areas and do you know if they're any good for training at certain levels? I find them decent, but haven't found a suitable map in any of them at lvl 41.

10-24-2008   #31 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games

Quote:
One thing I've noticed (not sure it holds any relevance) is that despite the fact that I do a decent amount of crits, I also happen to miss a fair amount, and it can be annoying at times. ._.;

I'm considering resetting to go Good Luck because money hasn't been the best, but is it worth the 200k or so it would cost? (Sorry if this is a bad question).

Also, have you tried out the new areas and do you know if they're any good for training at certain levels? I find them decent, but haven't found a suitable map in any of them at lvl 41.
Hmmm,the places I've found are more suited to 50+ sorry ;_;

10-24-2008   #32 (permalink)
No

Okay, thanks. That explains why I take a good deal of damage there.

Considering restatting since I have a spare 200k or so sitting around, and I'm waiting for a friend to sell one of my urns.

10-26-2008   #33 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Parity is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentao
lol @ ignorant post

1: Hybrid is possible past 60 and it is a choice made by the player. Some people apt to have more skills over critical or money making paths, simply because having a lot of skills is pretty damn fun. Past 80, it may be unwise, but past 60 is fine.

possible but not practical as you'll kill fine with 4 skills and 1 for filler.

2 & 3: The evasion tree leads to two things, back-stab tree, and critical tree. Obviously you don't know what a work in progress is. For now the ely skill build is there for the sake of those who want to make money. And it's not just a minor gain in money, gold rush alone can make a leveling session go from 100k, which you spend entirely on pots, to 300k and more.

yeah, and being gold rush build is going to reduce your %/hr by at least 30% due to lack of dps. as far as i see it evasion is the main build with gold rush build for money farming. it is not suitable as a main build, at all. not to mention most money at higher levels comes from selling/npcing crap. and killing faster=faster money anyway, so the bonus isn't that high

4: See the fact you don't realize what a work in progress is.

if you're gonna post a half assed guide, do it right. even if its a work in progress, doesn't mean you can use that fact as an excuse to have a horrible build which misleads people.

My Comments toward the guide: I am extremely grateful that someone is owning up and making a guide of their own! However, will you be detailing each skill out later?
lulz10textasdf

10-26-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parity
possible but not practical as you'll kill fine with 4 skills and 1 for filler.

yeah, and being gold rush build is going to reduce your %/hr by at least 30% due to lack of dps. as far as i see it evasion is the main build with gold rush build for money farming. it is not suitable as a main build, at all. not to mention most money at higher levels comes from selling/npcing crap. and killing faster=faster money anyway, so the bonus isn't that high

if you're gonna post a half assed guide, do it right. even if its a work in progress, doesn't mean you can use that fact as an excuse to have a horrible build which misleads people.
1 - I already mentioned it was pretty unwise. People continue it for the fun factor.

2 - Typically, Ely builds are meant for partying, that way you don't lose a whole lot on killing speed. The bonus in a party is easily noticeable when one makes nearly triple of what they usually get from a training run.

3 - Obviously you haven't seen a truly half-assed guide. This is pretty damn good compared to a majority of guides that I've seen that are merely a skill build, training spots with a general overview, and guides that completely lack any skill descriptions at all. Work in Progress actually IS a decent excuse for posting only one skill build, because it gives the reader the knowledge that the build posted is not the end all, be all build, therefore, so long as the reader of the guide has a brain, this is not an issue.

Understood herr Mihe?

10-26-2008   #35 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games

Added alternatives to the ely boosting skills in the first skill build due to people annoying me about it.

Also the only reason I'm taking the Ely build is because I won't have enough points to max out Eyes of Falcon and Tiger's Claw and frankly I'd rather earn money for the future then wait a long time for more crits.

Spoiler!

10-26-2008   #36 (permalink)
No

Don't worry about people who whine a lot, they can make their own guide.

I'm honestly wishing I had gone Ely build as well, since if I get EoF/Tiger I won't have points for MasteryAdvanced, so it seems stupid.

Not wasting another 200k to reset though, so oh well

10-26-2008   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

Quote:
Don't worry about people who whine a lot, they can make their own guide.
He has actually.

10-26-2008   #38 (permalink)
No

Then he can deal with his own reflecting his personal tastes. Anyone who is serious, will probably read every guide here anyway, there are only 3, and they don't have a massive amount of content.

--
Anyways, just wanted to say, are you sure about the ninja thing? I've never found them to be 'great' cause of all the movement you have to do on the large maps :/

As for Kappa/Warrior Kobold I only found them useful for quests, and that's about it, but I don't think either quest last me over a level.

I'm 43 atm, and questing away, although there aren't many. I'll probably test out White Ninja exp, but I know that when I was at Gargoyles without counting the exp from the quest, within 5 minutes I'd gain 3~4%.

10-29-2008   #39 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

masoz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to masoz
IGN: uNreaLz
Level: 110

Very nice guide. Makes me VERY tempted to reset my explorer into X-Bow. Mayb I'll reset when I hit 53 & I can get my hands on an upgraded Tigris Bow =D

the one and only masoz!~

11-01-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Nightstormx is on a distinguished road

What kind of equipment should an explorer look for? Between STR and Luck, which is preferred for an explorer? Is there necessarily a "best choice" for an explorer in terms of status items?