ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Engineers

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven
Default Made an Engineer

I got to level 24ish in one iris buff/after I made it. It was so easy to level up after 10, it's not even funny. I usually slack off (and I did), yet I still made 24. Y SO BROKEN?

On a side note, I would like to know the best build possible. Right now I just maxed out my attacks (that I could) and I guess I'm saving some for turrets. I have NO idea why engineers complain, this has got to be the easiest class to play in Latale. ._."

inb4 meisters are crappier than engineers.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

QerK is on a distinguished road
IGN: Tungul
Class: Meister
Level: 11x
Guild: Century

lvl 1-24 in 1 iris buff sounds about right to me. actually i did that with a mace knight. as for the build refer to this: /forum/latale-engine...eer-guide.html

engineer's get harder around 6x or so as our stamina isn't so great. that and we burn mp like no tomorrow because of turrets.

12-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Metalzdragon will become famous soon enoughMetalzdragon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Bolthead
Class: Disturbing looking robot master with long arms
Level: TLTL: Too-Lazy-To-Level

Pretty much Max all attack skills, get every turret BUT Curse Turret (30% damage reduction really isn't needed before 80), and go down the Power Misc Tree. (The Tree that has the Strength boosting buff not the HP increase tree)

Engineer is boring since it's only 4 attack skills and the toolbox is very useless since it attacks so slow even when you use a weak attack in which you'll probably get knocked back before you even swing it. I just found it kind of tedious after awhile

EDIT: Engineer is also boring since it's literally the worst 1st job class in PVP. You probably will lose every match until you become a meister.

Last edited by Metalzdragon; 12-09-2009 at 06:09 PM.

12-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalzdragon
Engineer is boring since it's only 4 attack skills and the toolbox is very useless since it attacks so slow even when you use a weak attack in which you'll probably get knocked back before you even swing it. I just found it kind of tedious after awhile
I already had a wizard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalzdragon
Engineer is also boring since it's literally the worst 1st job class in PVP. You probably will lose every match until you become a meister.
I have PVPed six people as an engineer at the tender level of 24ish.

Twice against a level 6X water wizard. I won once, then lost the second time because we were on the Dot Derpie Map and she kept running/using ice fear and hail storm. (4 to 1 and then 1 to 3) I probably would've beaten her the second time if it wasn't for that water-elemental buff of her. ;-;

Once against a level 100 gunslinger, I was fooling around. He won, but the score was (2 to 3). I think he wasn't all that serious, it's hard to tell with Gunslingers.

Once against a level 11X Dagger TH. I was also fooling around and he was quite cocky at first. The score was 3 to 6. For someone who was "so pro" I got enough kills without trying. His Pride-O-Meter probably dropped down by 50% after that fight.

Once against a level 7X fire mage who had airskilling. I won. (4 to 3)

Once against a level 3X knight, just had shield dash. I won. (2 to 0)

Once against a level 2X warrior who airskilled a lot. I won. (3 to 1)

~~~
(YES! I kept a list of people I fought so I can "test" to see how broken an engineer is. So far, my opinion of "ENGANIER/MEESTR BROKD" has not changed. It's mostly due to the turrets, though.)

Keep in mind I was level 24 with no decent gear, one turret and two skills. The only decent thing I had was 15 speed. xD

I think you're using an engineer wrong.

12-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Metalzdragon will become famous soon enoughMetalzdragon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Bolthead
Class: Disturbing looking robot master with long arms
Level: TLTL: Too-Lazy-To-Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhenyl
I already had a wizard!

I have PVPed six people as an engineer at the tender level of 24ish.

Twice against a level 6X water wizard. I won once, then lost the second time because we were on the Dot Derpie Map and she kept running/using ice fear and hail storm. (4 to 1 and then 1 to 3) I probably would've beaten her the second time if it wasn't for that water-elemental buff of her. ;-;

Once against a level 100 gunslinger, I was fooling around. He won, but the score was (2 to 3). I think he wasn't all that serious, it's hard to tell with Gunslingers.

Once against a level 11X Dagger TH. I was also fooling around and he was quite cocky at first. The score was 3 to 6. For someone who was "so pro" I got enough kills without trying. His Pride-O-Meter probably dropped down by 50% after that fight.

Once against a level 7X fire mage who had airskilling. I won. (4 to 3)

Once against a level 3X knight, just had shield dash. I won. (2 to 0)

Once against a level 2X warrior who airskilled a lot. I won. (3 to 1)

~~~
(YES! I kept a list of people I fought so I can "test" to see how broken an engineer is. So far, my opinion of "ENGANIER/MEESTR BROKD" has not changed. It's mostly due to the turrets, though.)

Keep in mind I was level 24 with no decent gear, one turret and two skills. The only decent thing I had was 15 speed. xD

I think you're using an engineer wrong.
I actually never pvped as an engi (Because it was my first character and I wanted to gain more "game" experience before I focus on more "side" things such as pvp.), I just had heard that it's hard to win without using turrets until you get Hammer Fall and even then it's still hard because Hammer Fall has a slight Delay before it actually hits and if you miss, you are big a target becuause it has a some-what long animation.

12-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Yea, I quit my engineer at lvl 58 cause i got so bored of using the same skills over and over q-q